Live Today - HBZ vs. Godar @ 12pm PDT/9pm CEST

RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
Heya NS2 Fans!

Bringing you this matchup today in about 3 hours (12pm PDT). I'm excited for this match because I love seeing Godar play - they have improved themselves so much over time that it is quite impressive to see where they are today.

Also, Round 2 of this game will bring me up to 100 total rounds casted for Season 2 matches (not counting the Invitational Qualifiers, Invitational matches, and the Finland Cup Finals). I plan to do something special before, during, or after round 2. So be there to check it out ;)

Head over to Twitch.tv/sting_reddog at match time! See you all there, folks! :)

Comments

• Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2013
    Two of my favorite teams going at it... Should be fun but I think Godar will take this one. Also, congrats on hitting 100!
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • GlissGliss Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14800Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    NOOOOOOOOOOO MY PRIZE
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Gliss!!! Where the heck were you?? hahaha
    And here you go folks, Enjoy!

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3:

Round 4:

RAFFLECAST:

• EgoGamerEgoGamer Join Date: 2012-06-21 Member: 153536Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited April 2013
    [SPOILERS]

These games were a blast to watch.

:P

Also, congratulations RedDog on your future twitch partnership. =)
  • BellicoseBellicose Join Date: 2013-04-11 Member: 184748Members
    Lol those were great rounds. And congrats Reddog on being offered a twitch partnership right there during the cast! What luck that 2 staff members were in there watching the game! You rock man!
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    that was a particularly fun cast to watch, gonna have to make sure i'm there watching your casts live from now on :)
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited April 2013
    Well, we got a second hive. Thats a win.

Thanks for casting!

Bicsum - you guys played your hearts out and had some nice engagement wins here and there! Was a GG!
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited April 2013
    Yep, we were quite pleased with how it went.

As aliens I think we are still too slow at setting up grouped ambushes because we don't plan ahead well enough. Most of the times we are out of position to utilize the "good" engagement spots. The result is that the marines are already at the RT, while we are waiting for the third or forth skulk (which you then need, when they are already in position and waiting for your engagement). Also the shotguns are really scary.

Treffnix tried to convince us to cheese, but we resisted and lost like men :).
  • ZenuZenu Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72861Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Bellicose wrote: »
    Lol those were great rounds. And congrats Reddog on being offered a twitch partnership right there during the cast! What luck that 2 staff members were in there watching the game! You rock man!

Wow, really? That's nice and well deserved.
    Hey thanks guys. Yeah they did offer me one and I'm currently going through the process. Let's see if this pans out before the celebrations haha (I always err on the side of caution) I appreciate the kudos, though! :)
  • ChizzlerChizzler Join Date: 2013-01-04 Member: 177532Members
    edited April 2013
    RedDog wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just received confirmation that my Twitch partnership has been officially approved! They are just working on the channel name change so until its done there may be limited access to my old and new channel. The new channel will be Twitch.tv/RedDogTV.

Thanks all for your support which helped make this happen! You all rock!

Awesome! and it comes just after your 100th streamed NS2 round. Congratulations! Here's to the next 100 :D
  • EgoGamerEgoGamer Join Date: 2012-06-21 Member: 153536Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    RedDog wrote: »
    Thanks all for your support which helped make this happen! You all rock!

no u

;]

Seriously though, congratulations Red. It's well deserved.
  • ResRes Join Date: 2003-08-27 Member: 20245Members
    edited April 2013
    nvm I figured it out.
  • GlissGliss Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14800Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    that is incredible - great work! does that make you the first partnered ns2 streamer?

might want to think about editing / changing twitter and youtube channels as well just to keep everything consistent
    Gliss wrote: »
    that is incredible - great work! does that make you the first partnered ns2 streamer?

might want to think about editing / changing twitter and youtube channels as well just to keep everything consistent

Nope, not the first. I believe Blind is partnered as well. It's good for the game as now my casts will be on the front page rotation (and any other NS2 caster that is partnered, like Blind) - which will give great exposure to NS2 (we need it!). One of my main goals for doing all this is to try to increase the awareness of this excellent game.

Unfortunately I can't change my YouTube and someone already has @reddogtv on twitter lol. Oh well, I'll just have to live with it... lol
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Congrats, RedDog! Well deserved, your casts are always entertaining to watch :)

I'm sure Mendasp agrees.

:D