Independence Day Hangar map (breakdown)

VonDoomVonDoom Knee deep in the latency Join Date: 2009-10-08 Member: 68989Members, Reinforced - Shadow
This is not going to be a playable map, it was only meant to serve as a background for the ship model without a single thought of ns2/co gameplay.

I am posting this because I want to show the breakdown of the scene and positioning of the lighting and things like that, maybe some of you who has seen the video is curious about how it is set up. The focus of the map was not on texturing or geometry but to put focus on the model, therefore the minimalistic layout.

id4map1.jpg
id4map2.jpg
id4map3.jpg
id4map4.jpg
id4map5.jpg
id4map-cineditor1.jpg
id4map-cineditor2.jpg
id4map-cineditor3.jpg

ID4 machinima vimeo link 00:49

Thoughts, comments or questions, bring em on :)

Comments

• pnb84pnb84 The house on paper street Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183262Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Woah thats really nice. Good work. :D
  • GameOverGameOver Germany Join Date: 2003-10-15 Member: 21700Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    uhm, looks awesome!
  • MoconnorMoconnor Join Date: 2002-07-26 Member: 1004Members
    Pretty cool model! But I think there is too many colours going on in the scene, I can see green,blue,yellow,orange,white,red! Way to many, I suggest picking just a few light colours, I think the scene could look much better. :)
  • DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    This could be used in a map if you're willing for someone else to implement it. Kodiak has this huge hangar bay area that shouldn't be playable, and this would look god damn amazing as unplayable detail.
  • VonDoomVonDoom Knee deep in the latency Join Date: 2009-10-08 Member: 68989Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Moconnor wrote: »
    Pretty cool model! But I think there is too many colours going on in the scene, I can see green,blue,yellow,orange,white,red! Way to many, I suggest picking just a few light colours, I think the scene could look much better. :)

Yes, they can be toned down a bit so the blue and green colors dominate more :)

DarkSeraph wrote: »
    This could be used in a map if you're willing for someone else to implement it. Kodiak has this huge hangar bay area that shouldn't be playable, and this would look god damn amazing as unplayable detail.

Thanks, It would be cool, but I'm a bit afraid that someone could steal the model :I

• DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    VonDoom wrote: »
    Thanks, It would be cool, but I'm a bit afraid that someone could steal the model :I

They could and would. Oh well, just a thought, I don't think more content for mappers is ever a bad thing, but you certainly own this.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Would it be posible to get the map whitout the ship, or perhaps replaced whit a ns2 shuttle? To be used as a map, in one of the mods UWE is creating in this weeks "modding week"
  • draktokdraktok Join Date: 2013-02-18 Member: 183156Members
    OH ho ho ho GISP you last standing sneaky man i see what you're doing
  • VonDoomVonDoom Knee deep in the latency Join Date: 2009-10-08 Member: 68989Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @gisp I am happy to give you the map if you want to modify and use it. Gimme a hollar if you want a download link :)

I'm very excited about the new mods, and Last Stand will be an action packed blast! The hangar map can be re-lighted a bit, detailed more and if necessary be expanded beyond the huge blast doors. The geometry behind the doors are very clean so its easy to expand and mod there.
    Put a ns2 shuttle where the ship is, and it can look like it is being repaired or something like that while the rines fight off the kharaa. Maybe it is possible to put in a MAC entity/ai that can hover around and weld the shuttle :)
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    edited April 2013
    @VonDoom Hollar! Ill gladly take it of your hands :)
    But it sounds like you have some great ideas aswell, maybe this should remain your pet. And make it the first community map that makes it into the ls mod? Im sure i can get you the nessesary files to make it a ls map.
    Gisp, I want you or someone else you know of to adapt it to Last Stand, I'm sure you know of someone who can pick it up. I am out of time for now ;)
  • draktokdraktok Join Date: 2013-02-18 Member: 183156Members
    When last stand is released I will make it an official last stand map if you want it to be, VonDoom.

Just contact me when the time is right.