Before you release female models..

coldsmokecoldsmoke Join Date: 2004-07-28 Member: 30202Members
edited April 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
can we get the black armor hands we were promised please? ~Kthx babes

Comments

• NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Use this in the mean time (and maybe this too).
  • draktokdraktok Join Date: 2013-02-18 Member: 183156Members
    I can't believe stuff like this actually bothers people with a workshop available.
  • FrothybeverageFrothybeverage Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13593Members
    Mods don't work on non-modded servers.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    No.
    Mods don't work on servers that have excessive consistency checks on
    Get chur Fakts Riet.
  • ResRes Join Date: 2003-08-27 Member: 20245Members
    Before you release female models..... make sure the bouncing physics is realistic first!
    Res wrote: »
    Before you release female models..... make sure the bouncing physics is realistic first!

• countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    Forthybeverage:

God, this is so US...
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    Res wrote: »

yeah, i'm with you - we can't wait to admire those onos flexing their extraordinary glutes.
  • SherlockSherlock Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168595Members
    How about a competition to have new skins modeled on members of the NS2 community? :D
  • TimariusTimarius Join Date: 2012-11-15 Member: 171220Members
    countbasie wrote: »
    Forthybeverage:

God, this is so US...

Actually, it's Japanese.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Ninja

And as said before, there are workshop mods for the hand models... black armor or an assortment of many... er, "colorful" options.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Timarius wrote: »
    Forthybeverage:

God, this is so US...

Actually, it's Japanese.

And as said before, there are workshop mods for the hand models... black armor or an assortment of many... er, "colorful" options.

Maybe he meant "US" as in all of us, dirty minded bastard humans! :P
  • coldsmokecoldsmoke Join Date: 2004-07-28 Member: 30202Members

Its not the same! I want other people to actually see it when they're speccing me.

Besides. A promise is a promise ;;)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    coldsmoke wrote: »

Its not the same! I want other people to actually see it when they're speccing me.

Besides. A promise is a promise ;;)

Well, the textures are in the mod. Them devs can just take it and implement it... Only requires one cookiejar to be send to me!
  • bongofishbongofish Join Date: 2003-08-17 Member: 19893Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Forthybeverage:

God, this is so US...

Actually, it's Japanese.

Maybe he meant "US" as in all of us, dirty minded bastard humans! :P

My guess was that he is just your typical european (the Brits are the worst at this) who thinks he knows america because he watched a bunch of American television and saw a few BBC documentaries. Amusingly, thinking you know enough to comment on the culture of a foreign country of which you have extremely limited knowledge is a very American thing.

Also, bouncing boobies are universal.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    bongofish wrote: »

Thank god for that.
    My guess was that he is just your typical european (the Brits are the worst at this) who thinks he knows america because he watched a bunch of American television and saw a few BBC documentaries. Amusingly, thinking you know enough to comment on the culture of a foreign country of which you have extremely limited knowledge is a very American thing.

I'm not commenting a culture, I'm just completely sure that wet t-shirt contests, farting jokes, nut shots and bouncing breasts under a national flag have been invented in a ship on its way from England to America.

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Despite your suspicions, not every American is a brain dead "get 'er done" redneck with a penchant for bathroom humor.

Nice job though, making an inaccurate sweeping generalization about a culture while attesting you are not? :scratches head :
    This thread...
  • bongofishbongofish Join Date: 2003-08-17 Member: 19893Members

I'm not commenting a culture, I'm just completely sure that wet t-shirt contests, farting jokes, nut shots and bouncing breasts under a national flag have been invented in a ship on its way from England to America.

That must have been one hell of a fun ship. :)

Besides, as the birthplace of Benny Hill, James Bond, and page three girls, I don't really get your point.

However, no one should be flagging your posts. That has to be from a butthurt American without a sense of humor.

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ... I like fart jokes. :(
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    I like scantily clad women player models or fully armored ones (either would be great)... and I like farting
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Wow, this thread went downhill fast. Either way: I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I don't think most servers consistency check for hand and weapon first person view models (even if they check for other stuff). Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

But, yeah, would love to see it in the game formally since Kouji basically already did the artwork for it. The same goes for deluxe marine hand models.
    edited April 2013
    My honest apology to those who felt offended by my comment. I learned that every nation in the world knows what jocular prejudices are and how to handle them personally, but one should be careful with US citizens. Especially because everyone has a gun over there.
    If I'd said 'Sinatra is so US', nobody would've said anything.

Sorry, OP - ontopic:
    Yeah, why not...
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Despite your suspicions, not every American is a brain dead "get 'er done" redneck with a penchant for bathroom humor.

Nice job though, making an inaccurate sweeping generalization about a culture while attesting you are not? :scratches head :
    This thread...

there's nothing wrong with a whoopee cushion.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • OhnojojoOhnojojo Join Date: 2011-08-01 Member: 113400Members
    Would be great to have a mod that turns all marine hands into fade arms.
    Fade blades attempting to awkwardly hold the gun.
    Or mini gorge model for flamethrower.
    Bire-breathing gorge gun.
    All in good fun.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Holy...shit...the workshop needs this. (FT Gorge)
  • TimariusTimarius Join Date: 2012-11-15 Member: 171220Members
    edited April 2013
    Ohnojojo wrote: »
    Or mini gorge model for flamethrower.
    Bire-breathing gorge gun.

This. This needs to happen right now. Retexture the flames, too, so that it has a flammable green goo center.

And make it loop the Gorge taunt sound when it's fired.

I sincerely need this, along with monocles and top hats on every single player model.

I'd do it myself, but I don't have the tools.

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    151506.jpg
    Now that's 'murica!
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    ... I like fart jokes. :(

• ijustpwnedu96ijustpwnedu96 Join Date: 2013-01-27 Member: 182320Members
    Female Gorges with a ribbon on its head?