Proper way to report suspected cheaters? (Feel free to close)

bongofishbongofish Join Date: 2003-08-17 Member: 19893Members
Just wondering what the proper method is of reporting suspected cheaters with video evidence?

I didn't see any stickies about it. Please close this once it has been answered. Thanks.

Comments

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    You report it to the server's respective website/forum. Its also best to provide the following:
    ScardyBob wrote: »
    1. The Steam ID
    - Type sv_status into the console and find the player in questions steam ID. Best methods are to either take a screenshot of the steam ID or post your client log that includes the match (log.txt in your appdata/naturalselection2/ folder).

2. Provide Proof
    - The type of proof necessary depends on the situation, but you typically can't go wrong by providing:
    • Your client log.txt file
    • Screenshots of either the console text or the actions in question (I believe F12 is the default Steam screenshot button, but you can also use a separate program such as FRAPs or just 'Print Screen" and paste into paint).
    • Record a video of the actions in question. There is an inbuilt demo function, but it requires you to not be in a server to start, so its not very convenient to use. The other options is a screen recording software. There are lots of options, but the best free ones are either MSI Afterburner (I know its a GPU OC program, but it also has a screen capture function) or Open Broadcaster Software (its mainly used for streaming, but it has an option to record a local video instead).

3. Upload the proof to a public source
    - There are lots of free locations, but here are some of the most common:
    Text = Pastebin
    Images = Imgur
    Videos = YouTube
    Files = Dropbox

• GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Closed as requested. - If you have evidence of what 3rd party program, or know the source of the exploit they use. Fell free to PM me whit the findings. Then ill investigate and forward it to the devs. - GISP
This discussion has been closed.