**Clear Spawn Area**

measlesmeasles Join Date: 2007-02-26 Member: 60122Members, Constellation
edited January 2013 in Squad Five
<div class="IPBDescription">And quit obfuscating!</div>In the AUS servers of Natural Selection and Natural Selection 2 there is a dillemma that has evolved in the execution of Command Chair responsibilities.
A large percentage of expierienced players in AUSNS have adopted a regulation that requires a <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Armory <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->to be built within some 5 meteres from <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Infantry Portal<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->. Failure to adhere to these polocies result in mic spamming and mtiny until an 'appointed' commander can be placed.

This 'Tradition' ruins the games evololutive capacity and results in mundane and monotoninous matches.
I don't know if people are that *Happy Panda* in other parts of the world, but could we start a community campaign to bring down these 'NAZI CLAN CLOWNS'?
Then we can play some real NS2 down-under!!

Comments

• VolcanoVolcano Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112496Members, Constellation
    I've never seen you before in on aus servers ...
  • measlesmeasles Join Date: 2007-02-26 Member: 60122Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2053952:date=Jan 1 2013, 11:26 AM:name=Volcano)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Volcano @ Jan 1 2013, 11:26 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2053952"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've never seen you before in on aus servers ...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--coloro:#808080--><span style="color:#808080"><!--/coloro-->stealth<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

I cannot imagine why..
  • fivesevenfiveseven Join Date: 2012-11-26 Member: 173272Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2053951:date=Jan 1 2013, 09:22 AM:name=measles)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (measles @ Jan 1 2013, 09:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2053951"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->A large percentage of expierienced players in AUSNS have adopted a regulation that requires a CC to be built within some 5 meteres from SP's. Failure to adhere to these polocies result in mic spamming and mtiny until an 'appointed' commander can be placed.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've tried, but cant work out what this means...
  • zenatsuzenatsu Join Date: 2012-12-26 Member: 176363Members
    It is aussie talk, and this really dose not belong in Squad Five
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    it's not aussie talk, we can't understand it either.
  • Taz-Taz- Australia Join Date: 2003-11-26 Member: 23597Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I genuinely have no idea what you're trying to say here.

I very vaguely gather you're saying that people demand a second tech point in every game when often it's not necessary or the desired strat? I agree some people think this is the only way to go and need to be educated on more agile methods.

That said, this is the very wrong place for the discussion. Perhaps if you want to engage the Australian community you should post something (slightly more coherent) on the AusNS2.org forums.
  • measlesmeasles Join Date: 2007-02-26 Member: 60122Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2054990:date=Jan 3 2013, 10:02 AM:name=Taz-)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Taz- @ Jan 3 2013, 10:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2054990"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I genuinely have no idea what you're trying to say here.

I very vaguely gather you're saying that people demand a second tech point in every game when often it's not necessary or the desired strat? I agree some people think this is the only way to go and need to be educated on more agile methods.

<!--coloro:#696969--><span style="color:#696969"><!--/coloro-->That said, this is the very wrong place for the discussion. Perhaps if you want to engage the Australian community you should post something (slightly more coherent) on the AusNS2.org forums.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Incorrect.
    I am so tired of people DAMANDING obstruction in this game. Half hour games turn into hour long games because beople refuse adapt strategy. I accidently wrote CC instead of Armory and used the term SP for IP )because it's the same thing).

The Armory should be built far enough away from an Infantry Portal that soldiers RETURNING to the armory are in LOS of Infantry Portals. Not so close that a skulk can hop from the IP to the Marine and kill him.
    It will be a fun campaign. My wife is excited and has offered to do T-Shirts!
  • OhnojojoOhnojojo Join Date: 2011-08-01 Member: 113400Members
    edited March 2013
    [deleted because of formatting error]
  • OhnojojoOhnojojo Join Date: 2011-08-01 Member: 113400Members
    I don't really understand what he's trying to say either...

I think measles is trying to say that armories and infantry portals shouldn't be placed so close to each other, as most commanders do.
    Because it allows skulks to switch between targets healing at the armory and marines spawning from the IP too easily.
    I think he's trying to say that armories should be located halfway between the entrance/exit to a room and the IP.
    In this way, the armory can resupply marines coming back to base quicker.
    And skulks will have a harder time killing marines if the structures are placed further apart.

Basically, don't clutter your base with buildings.

Well measles? Did I interpret what you said correctly? =)
    If so, I have a commander strategy that might help.

Hypothetical Game: 12v12
    Game Starts
    Send 6 marines (squad 1) in one direction and 6 marines (squad 2) in the opposite direction to capture extractors.
    Squad 1 and 2 will capture extractors until they come in contact with the first alien.
    Build an armory a captured extractor closest to the Alien Hive and defend. (Lets just say that this is Squad 1)
    Build an observatory at a strategic location in the room, so that marines will be able to see incoming attacks.
    Begin researching phase tech immediately
    The Squad furthest away from Alien Hive (Squad 2) will continue to capture extractors until they have reached a tech point.
    Defend the tech point until phase gates are available.
    Build Phase Gate at the tech point. (Squad 2)
    Build Phase Gate at the room with Squad 1
    Research Mines
    Build an Arms Lab
    Begin researching Armor 1
    Harrass Alien Harvesters
    Reinforce the tech point with Squad 2 (Armory, Observatory)
    Begin capturing more extractors and tech points.

Hypothetical Game Example on NS Summit: 12v12
    Marines Spawn Sub Access
    Send 6 marines to Computer Lab (Squad 1)
    Send 6 marines to Ventilation (Squad 2)
    Build Extractors at Ventilation and Computer Labs
    Squad 2 comes in contact with aliens
    Build an Armory in Ventilation
    Build and Observatory in Ventilation
    Have Squad 1 defend Ventilation, do not attack the Alien Hive at Data Core
    Build an Extractor in Flight Control
    Begin Researching Phase Tech
    Build an Extractor in Crossroads
    Have Squad 1 Build a Phase Gate in Crossroads
    Build an Armory in Crossroads
    Build a Phase Gate in Flight Control
    Build an Arms Lab
    Begin researching Armor 1
    Now that marines control 3 Tech points, Defend the three tech points and Ventilation
    Reinforce the Tech points with an Armory an Observatory for each Tech Point
    Build a Second Infantry Portal at Sub Access
    Order smaller squads (Groups of 2 marines) to Harrass the Harvesters at Crevice, Atrium and Reactor Core
    Begin Researching Mines
    Begin Researching Weapons 1
    Begin Researching Armor 2
    Begin Researching Welders
    Begin Researching Shotguns
    Begin Researching Weapons 2
    Begin Researching the Advanced Armory
    Build a Second Command Chair at Crossroads
    Build a Prototype Lab
    Begin Researching Jetpacks
    Build a Third Infantry Portal at Crossroads
    Begin Researching Weapons 3
    Begin Researching Armor 3
    Attempt to Contain the Aliens until they no longer have any harvesters and then attack the Hive.