Finally.

johnny truantjohnny truant Join Date: 2008-03-09 Member: 63827Members, Reinforced - Silver
After following the devblog religiously since NS1, purchasing the game as soon as pre-orders were available and not being able to play (having an old low-spec craptop) I have finally ordered all the bits required to build a machine. Will likely be online next weekend. I am ready to get pwnd. EXCITE.

Comments

• GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
  • FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    You better have a monster pc to even get 40+ fps on all low settings because the requirements for this game is insane.
  • KezKez Join Date: 2013-03-25 Member: 184396Members
    Yea games pretty demanding, i do recommend useing a program like Gameprelauncher to shut down all your unneeded programs while running ns2, its only 14 days free trial but its really helped me, or gamebooster would be useful and its free.
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    YOU ARSE, WHAT DID YOU ORDER!
  • johnny truantjohnny truant Join Date: 2008-03-09 Member: 63827Members, Reinforced - Silver
    All sorts! To be honest got a budget build. ULTIMATE fail, get black screen of death after about 5 mins play. Absolutely crushing - had to start a thread about it! :(:(:(

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/129645/black-screen-of-death#latest
  • eliotmateliotmat Join Date: 2002-12-01 Member: 10350Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    After following the devblog religiously since NS1, purchasing the game as soon as pre-orders were available and not being able to play (having an old low-spec craptop) I have finally ordered all the bits required to build a machine. Will likely be online next weekend. I am ready to get pwnd. EXCITE.

It would be my honor to contribute to your getting pwned! hehe.

Congrats on the new bits and happy gaming!

• KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Fule wrote: »
    You better have a monster pc to even get 40+ fps on all low settings because the requirements for this game is insane.

I have core i5 3570K clocked to 4,2Ghz, gtx670 with 4G and 8GB@1600 and I have 80+ FPS on standard situations, and 50-60FPS in the late game struggles. Overall, it's very smooth, and my PC is merely a higher end PC, not a "monster PC"
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    Kamamura, your cpu is pretty freaking high end. It's a monster, not a beast, but a monster none the less.

You suffer from an ailment known only as "does not realise the capabilities of computer hardware".