Remove like/dislike/flag

2»

Comments

• Slyfox101Slyfox101 Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169370Members
    edited February 2013
    I'm sorry, am I the only one that sees the moderator response to this thread as 10x more toxic than the thread itself?

Removing people's posts because you don't agree with them - not because they are breaking forum rules?

I agree that the like/dislike system is broken. It does not provide meaningful context in regards to WHY you agree/disagree with someone's posts, allowing anyone to anonymously add these little tickers to the bottom of your post, which will affect the opinion of many of the readers. It is nearly impossible to get your opinion across on these forums without 10 UWE evangelists jumping down your throat and saying that your opinion is wrong - without feeling the need to explain why.

I don't even know what the OP was trying to say in half of his posts - because they were removed. Now I get a very one-sided perspective of this thread.

Did we somehow forget that other people's opinions are just different? Or do we now assume that everyone we disagree with is automatically wrong? Way to be open-minded...
  • |strofix||strofix| Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165453Members
    I see the troll flag is gone.
    A good start.
  • |strofix||strofix| Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165453Members
    edited March 2013
    I would like to add something else to this.

Since it seems nobody really wants the like/dislike/awesome emotes to go, make people own them.

If someone posts a bunch of vulgar and abusive curses, that forum goer should certainly be censored, and action should be taken against them. However, any user who likes or awesomes that post should have the same action taken against them as well. Countless times I have seen posters post abusive, off-topic nonsense, and have many other users agree with them and cheer them on.

I feel they are as apart of the problem as the source, and their actions should be addressed as well.

Also, the current jailed status is highly ineffectual.

The reduced post frequency isn't noticeable, or at least it has never prevented me from posting anything. Furthermore, not being able to start threads is a puzzling restriction. Is the worry that the person will post a spam/abusive/unrelated thread? In which case, surely the thread can simply be removed and the person banned permanently.

I think it would be more effective to simply restrict all forum access much more harshly. Something like only one forum action every 30 minutes.

Oh, and all positive flags should be removed from a post if it is edited, to prevent abuse.
  • BaallBaall Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18374Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Download the Firefox Addon "Stylish"

Add a new Style:
    @namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("unknownworlds.com") {
    .ReactButtons {
    display: none;
    }

.Social {
    display: none;
    }
    }