The wrong end of the food chain (YouTube vid for y'all :) )

GaemDorkGaemDork Join Date: 2013-03-21 Member: 184115Members
Hey NS2 community! :)

I recently bought Natural Selection 2 because my friend recommended it and I really, really like the game. I'm a big fan of sci-fi (especially the original two Alien movies) and that's what got me excited about the game. So much so that I might consider practicing with the game enough to be able to do commentaries on competitive playing some day (perhaps?).

Anyway. I just wanted to share you my over-the-top reactions to things as well as some crude humor... I hope you folks enjoy!
Linkity-link-link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cv0YLc8kt8

Also, I'm pretty new at making videos so... I'd appreciate any feedback you can give me, hehe. :D

Comments

• KhazeKhaze Join Date: 2006-12-12 Member: 59031Members
    I had some critique, but then I was laughing too hard and I forgot. Sorry. :D
  • GaemDorkGaemDork Join Date: 2013-03-21 Member: 184115Members
    Hehe, I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    This is the best NS2 recruitment video EVAR!
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Nice one. Looks like alot of fun :)
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    We need more people like you.
  • Heroman117Heroman117 Join Date: 2010-07-28 Member: 73268Members
    You have no idea how relieved i am after seeing the video.

These days it feels as though a person can't end a match with anymore deaths than kills without immediately afterwards going to the forums to vent their frustration.

Learning the game takes time, but seeing someone willing to take the time and the beating and still have fun while learning the game is a sight for sore eyes.

Cheers.
    GaemDork wrote: »
    I might consider practicing with the game enough to be able to do commentaries on competitive playing some day (perhaps?).

You need to commentate competitive games EXACTLY like you did in the video you posted here. :)
  • GrizeenGrizeen Join Date: 2013-03-17 Member: 184036Members
    i'd be the calm side-kick. low voice and usually intoxicated. let me know if you wanna team up lol nah, good video though. liked the jesus on a pogo stick
  • duxdux Tea Lady Join Date: 2003-12-14 Member: 24371Members, NS2 Developer
    That was great.

MURICA.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Heroman117 wrote: »
    You have no idea how relieved i am after seeing the video.

These days it feels as though a person can't end a match with anymore deaths than kills without immediately afterwards going to the forums to vent their frustration.

Learning the game takes time, but seeing someone willing to take the time and the beating and still have fun while learning the game is a sight for sore eyes.

Cheers.

Haha, no kidding. I've seen a few casuals in NS2 lose one round and go "GAME SUCKS, I QUIT."
  • Metal ManMetal Man Join Date: 2011-11-13 Member: 132717Members
    Are you Gene from Bob's Burgers? Seriously though Crazy Eddie is right. You should comment competitive matches EXACTLY like this
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    That was funny. I am going to show that to people I try to talk into playing this.

I love the walker fade at about two minutes. Then the beacon into an onos charge at 3:18. Onos appearing everywhere out of nowhere. Hilarious.

You sir have a great attitude.
    I'd like to thank you all for liking my video so much, hehe. :D

I'll most likely make a few more videos of my gameplay "highlights" while trying to learn the ins-and-outs of the game, hehe. Not sure if I can do commentaries on competitive play EXACTLY like that since as a spectator I don't have the element of danger... Buuuuut... I'll figure something out eventually. x)

Anyway... I'm so glad you all are being so supportive and awesome! Knowing nothing about the NS2 community made me a wee bit hesitant to make a post about my video, but it seems like I had nothing to be worried about. You're all great! :)
  • AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    edited March 2013
    I...

Anyway... I'm so glad you all are being so supportive and awesome! Knowing nothing about the NS2 community made me a wee bit hesitant to make a post about my video, but it seems like I had nothing to be worried about. You're all great! :)

Yes... yes we are. ;)

EDIT: And the vid is awesome! :D Had a few good laughs.
  • ZenuZenu Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72861Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2013
    It was pretty chaotic but that is probably the first impression new players get before learning the mechanics of the game :).

Because you seem to be Finnish I can introduce you to our Finnish community, we have website at http://ns2fi.net/ . We have some casters and on going small tournament right now between Finnish clans which finals are played next wednesday. You can watch some matches with casting here http://www.twitch.tv/ns2fi .
  • |DFA| Havoc|DFA| Havoc Join Date: 2009-08-07 Member: 68375Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ooh, bug!

nononoNONONONO

Noo-OOOH

That was pretty great.
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited March 2013
    "We got a huge case of wall cancer here"... lol

"Woahhhhhhhh"... Screaming Jay Hawkins double, I luv it!

... So much so that I might consider practicing with the game enough to be able to do commentaries on competitive playing some day (perhaps?).

Much to learn you have, young Padawan!

Also: do I have your permission to repost this over at the steam forums to give the weekenders a heads-up?
  • HeymanHeyman Join Date: 2005-03-29 Member: 46895Members
    Very funny. Please do this again sometime.
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    If only everyone would learn the game this way :)
    Also: do I have your permission to repost this over at the steam forums to give the weekenders a heads-up?

You have my permission to post it anywhere you please, hehe. :D

Zenu: I'll be sure to look it up! I'm always enthusiastic when twitch is involved! (I love watching good streams, hehe :D)
    Decided to bring this thread up again, because I have got something for those who liked my last Natural Selection 2 video so much (thank you all by the way!) :)

Linkz0rz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zS77pofpR0

Tell me what you think! (I hope you like it) :)
    "I have a jetpack. How do I use .... OOHH HO HOT SHIT!!!"

Love it. :)
  • ShrimmShrimm Join Date: 2012-10-05 Member: 161652Members
    Maybe think about posting your video on /r/ns2
    I'm sure they'd like it as well.
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    "i found some yumi looking ppl" pr0 i was laughing like crazy!
    Not to start any drama or anything (I have NO intention of trying to offend anyone)...

But I just found this response to my first NS2 video in the Sub-reddit a little funny:

"Well. First off, I guess you aren't being that serious...? Since, if you are, that'd be bad. :P And thing is, the game is all about, I mean ALL ABOUT team play. So "pooping on your orders" isn't a great idea. Secondly, Alien Vision is the way to go. Thirdly, I'm sorry, but it just wasn't all that funny. This kind of video belongs in a single player game, mostly in the horror genre. You're disregarding all tips, all commands and running around aimlessly will only make it worse for your team. I just feel sorry for the people who got to play with you when you recorded this. No offense meant, it'd just be annoying having someone not doing anything helpful. :P And last, Hugh is from Australia. Edit: And spend your p-res, dammit!"

I take it some people just can't take a joke, huh? :D

Oh, well... People don't have to like my stuff... But I'm glad you folks are entertained by what I'm doing. x)
  • FunkyFungusFunkyFungus Join Date: 2003-09-09 Member: 20691Members
    edited March 2013
    so much wall cancer !!!

more ! ^^
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I find it funny, but I wouldn't want to be in that game with you ;)