[Video] Fading Around - Tips and Tricks for Fade gameplay (first person POV)

TyrsisTyrsis Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8804Members
edited February 2013 in New Player Forum
Continuing on my other tutorial videos. Here is a video that goes over some tips and tricks on how to properly play a fade, and a good start point. In the first 7 minutes I go over how to move as a fade, then afterwards I do commentary on actual in game fading. A lot of the first part was done by guys from nexil, but I do it in a first person. Anyway have a watch, and I hope it helps with your fade game play. It should serve as a good starting point to keep your fade alive while you learn the finer details of how to fade properly. Crank up the resolution to 720p and put it in full screen as well in order to see things properly.

(Unfortunately the in game sound had to be killed as it was making it hard to hear the commentary.)

Comments

• dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    Thing is, your vid missed some things (I think) like taking shortcuts such as vents or even what vortex could possibly be used for (answer: very little).
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    yea good video, but missing vortex, that "can" be very useful if your on a stalemate with 3 hives on a 5 tech point map, vortex phasegate while team kills base, or even the obs, or ip's, can be very helpfull
  • TyrsisTyrsis Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8804Members
    I decided not to really include vortex information because it's very situational. The only real use I've seen for it is to vortex exos to take out welders. Vortexing an obs is good if you're in the position to do so, but you have a very small window for it to happen. Also it's usually better to turn a phase gate into a feed gate, instead of vortexing it to turn it off. This video concentrated more on the basics then in the finer grain stuff.
  • MaLuSMaLuS Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182769Members
    On both parts of this discussion i can see their points however i do agree that vortex should have been included as even in its basic sense it can save your life, i wont bother to say about obs or phase gate as they have been mentioned already but there is another time where it shows its worth.

For example say you was to engage a small group of marines but one of them is carrying an upgraded or heavy weapon (i.e. shotgun, flamer or grenade launcher) then this should be the target of your vortex so that you have a couple of seconds to take out the weaker targets and escape.

Alternatively you can use it to make the marine waste their loaded rounds to induce a reload by the time vortex wares off (of course more experienced marines would know to not bother shooting while vortexed) or if you fail to kill your target in time then you can vortex them to allow you enough time to escape and regain your health for another engagement.
  • IAMKINGIAMKING Join Date: 2012-09-14 Member: 159328Members
    man, the guy posts a video and people are bitching about not including vortex, the most superfluous and easily ignored ability in the game?
  • Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    IAMKING wrote: »
    man, the guy posts a video and people are bitching about not including vortex, the most superfluous and easily ignored ability in the game?

Your forgetting xenocide