Babbler Mutiny?

MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
In addition to the well known Gorge Tunnel bug there seems to be new issue cropping up:
dailymotion.com/video/xy3hws_241-babbler-mutiny_videogames#.UTz1ZMU2uM8

I'm not sure if it has to do with the area I spawned the babblers or if it's something else entirely that will make the problem persist

It happened for two in a row games, but I'm still not sure how to reproduce it 100% of the time

Comments

• nikodimus86nikodimus86 Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163188Members
    Guess they finally realised how life is short and decided to spend it by throwing a party with their pod brothers and sisters. :D
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    This is reported.
    They don't like following orders from heights. :)

In the future please post bugs in the tech support forums if you can.
    Thanks!
  • abseabse Join Date: 2013-03-11 Member: 183881Members
    Talking about playtesting, after skulk movement bug in 240 i dont trust playtesters of this game anymore, its not a big surprise that they missed this one too.
  • |strofix||strofix| Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165453Members
    While we're on the topic, I've had a much more worrying case of MAC mutiny.

At times, whole groups of MACs (4+) will begin completely ignoring my orders, and will choose to rather weld nearby damaged objects.
  • wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
    IronHorse wrote: »
    This is reported.
    They don't like following orders from heights. :)

In the future please post bugs in the tech support forums if you can.
    Thanks!

Maybe there should actually be a "bug report" forum? I've seen bug reports being reported in basically all sub-forums in general. Having an easy to find place to report bugs might be more intuitive.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    abse wrote: »
    Talking about playtesting, after skulk movement bug in 240 i dont trust playtesters of this game anymore, its not a big surprise that they missed this one too.

Many of the bugs that slipped through in 240 weren't missed, they just couldn't get fixed in time for the deadline.
  • abseabse Join Date: 2013-03-11 Member: 183881Members
    edited March 2013
    Many of the bugs that slipped through in 240 weren't missed, they just couldn't get fixed in time for the deadline.

Which is even worse actually.

Edit:

If its the case with the skulk movement being blatantly broke, 'cause for something like this, you should find time.

Edit 2:

Let me get this straight, im not a hate machine, i know devs are hardworking and testers can fail, failing is natural, i have no problem with that, but MAN OH MAN, that thing was big.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @MaximumSquid: I think you problem is simply that the path of the bait ball can't be calculated by the Weighted Fourier Transformation. (You sure meant that with your innuendo of "WFT" or "Whiskey Foxtrot Tango") One option to bypass this math problem would be to throw your bait ball from the ground level like IronHorse mentioned. Because than the LUA VM can use a direct line for calculation. You're welcome. ;)
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    Savagery wrote: »
    For a playtester to let such a terrible feature full of bugs and general retardation through to release is a travesty. They should be fired.

The only response I can think to give here would get my post flagged as abuse.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Savagery wrote: »
    Everyone flagging my previous post as spam or abuse, get real. If you don't agree that is fine, but I honestly can't think of a more useless feature ever added to a game than babblers. For a playtester to let such a terrible feature full of bugs and general retardation through to release is a travesty. They should be fired. Who in the community will trust the future decisions of the persons responsible?

Do you really think that playtesters can influence what features will be included and when there will be a release date? They just run testing scenarios and report bugs. If, when and how those bugs are corrected is beyond their control. There are deadlines for everything in commercial products and sometimes a decision is made to correct things after release.

• MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
    edited March 2013
    _Necro_:

I was planning on not bumping the thread after IronHorse's reply, but that's pretty deep. . .
  • ZenuZenu Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72861Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    You haven't trained them well enough. You have to show them first how it's done multiple of times and maybe then they learn to do it too :). You are like the mother goose teaching your children to fly.
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    your babblers definitely need more training
  • buhehebuhehe Join Date: 2012-05-15 Member: 152140Members
    My babblers also seem to have lost any appreciation of life: they tend to suicide a lot in places like Crevice.
    They make my gorge sad :(
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    Wow, thread is such a letdown after that title. I expected them to attack the gorge!