Marine sensor drones

overduboverdub Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183800Members
edited March 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
Hi,

When playing the game, i notice humans are generally on the wrong foot from the start and it takes a well organised team to turn this into an advantage. Which is awesome, if you have a team that wants to do this.

So, Here is a new idea

Sensor drones,
They could be an upgrade for MAC's or an independent object bought from the armory. These drones are kinda like the drones from Prometheus youtube.com/watch?v=IxmJT5xT5rQ

However very week and can be targeted by aliens.

The purpose, give the human team some warning and a little bit of a heads up for when skulks are rushing earlier.

Just wanted to know what you thought?

Comments

• Madd0gMadd0g Join Date: 2012-12-24 Member: 176116Members
    Basicly you are suggesting drifters for marines?
    I dont really think it's needed,even in badly organized public games.
  • overduboverdub Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183800Members
    Yeah kinda, but not controlled by the commander, AI controlled. How about humans buy a small drone which has a limit of one per person from the armory, when used, it will move down the hall way for x amount of seconds. If aliens are moving they will appear on the map and if they dont move they dont appear on the map.
  • SixtyWattManSixtyWattMan Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31404Members
    Observatories and scans already do this. They aren't mobile but they're just as effective, if not more, than Drifters.
  • Madd0gMadd0g Join Date: 2012-12-24 Member: 176116Members
    Ok i know this would be a huge rip off,but i think a much cooler idea would be to implement the motion sensor from aliens games.
    Would be so awsome if you can buy one of this from the armory and slowly walk around listening to the *beep* *beep* sound :D
    Observatories and scans already do this. They aren't mobile but they're just as effective, if not more, than Drifters.

I guess the idea was a scan, but uses the resources from the player and not the resources from the commander. So it allows for even more scans done more frequently.
  • AkimotoAkimoto Norway Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183642Members
    This is not a good idea. It would cause the game to become very imbalanced.
    Hi Akimoto,

How so? could you please expand
    Thank you :D
  • sHawke_NativesHawke_Native Join Date: 2012-12-20 Member: 175650Members
    observatories reveal aliens when they are cloaked as soon as the get into its range and scans do the same thing, observatories are always placed in areas where marines have a base set up and marine commanders use scans in hives and other possible locations to see what the aliens have up if they are smart they do this automatically without being asked to do this from marines on the ground, as far as i know many alien comms consider drifters of little use so they are not used often so why give marines a marine version of a drifter?when they can ALREADY scan anywhere?
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    alien comms consider drifters of little use
    what
  • sHawke_NativesHawke_Native Join Date: 2012-12-20 Member: 175650Members
    from what i notice of alien commanders there are few drifters out on the field i may be wrong tho...its from what i see. aliens can win or lose if there are drifters or if their are no drifters,its the skill of the team and the alien comm that wins/losses the match and the ability of the marine team, K/D ratio etc etc
    Thats a good point, i guess it would be more cool then it would be practical