Scoreboard: 1/2 points for kill, build and destroy assists

CowMeatCowMeat Join Date: 2013-03-02 Member: 183557Members
Right now the point system seems luck based. I've played with friends and worked in a squad, and sometimes even though we are fighting and building together one of use will get majority of points because they last hit/build. Also when you are healing a structure as a gorge you will often not get the +5 for points for building if you don't time your healing spray correctly. A similar problem happens when you are a marine attacking a structure that is also taking periodic from being off creep.

Summary: the score board would be more accurate if assist points were given out.

Comments

• Mr.GreedyMr.Greedy Join Date: 2012-07-21 Member: 154270Members
    edited March 2013
    We are talking about that several times and nothing have changed. Score-system still stucks and is getting no love from UWE. The new big hit is that u get 5 points to build up one babbler egg and from time to time 2 additional points for healing those babblereggs. That makes 15-17 points in a few secs. Ridiculous.

Edit: To be fair: they add supporting-points for healing/welding. Finally! But thats not enough. The most critical point is those "last hit all points"-system. Like u said : luck-based
  • CimCim Join Date: 2012-02-25 Member: 147403Members
    Agreed, that last-hit-point thing is very frustrating some times.

Sure, ultimately it does not matter at all... but it's still annoying to see another marine run up and help build the last few percent of a structure and get all the glory. The scoring system is one of the few things in NS2 that I'd rate as downright terrible.
  • CowMeatCowMeat Join Date: 2013-03-02 Member: 183557Members
    As Greedy said, +5 points for the babbler egg growth is hilarious. It is very easy to farm eggs to the top of the score board.
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    CowMeat wrote: »
    As Greedy said, +5 points for the babbler egg growth is hilarious. It is very easy to farm eggs to the top of the score board.
    Not like it matters where you're placed on the scoreboard as long as you're making a difference in the team and seeking victory.

Although I agree they need to assist points, I just wonder why it's not already in the game since NS2 is quite the teamplay game.