Railgun Exosuit [Video]

ShinigamlShinigaml Join Date: 2009-11-09 Member: 69315Members
edited March 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
youtube.com/watch?v=qeTV7_NKSM0&feature=youtu.be

Just a short video I made using some clips I gathered right after the patch.

Pure Railgun Exosuit action.

Fan-made, non-profit.

Help promote the game by spreading the video out to others who do not play NS2.

If you liked the video and would like to see other NS2 videos of me as a fade, lerk, marine or anything else, please let me know and I may consider it with enough people. The clips were hard to get and not the 'best' since I had to play while frapsing in a huge 24 player server with settings on max lol.

Thanks
:)

Comments

• ShinigamlShinigaml Join Date: 2009-11-09 Member: 69315Members
    edited March 2013
    Delete this post :-??
  • BigRustyRedBigRustyRed Join Date: 2012-11-30 Member: 173786Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Very cool video, nice aiming with the rail gun and cool editing ! would love to see more :)
  • RainyCaturdayRainyCaturday Join Date: 2013-02-19 Member: 183202Members
  • NammNamm Join Date: 2011-12-08 Member: 137116Members
    I haven't had the opportunity to try it out yet. Makes me think of heavies with Ion Cannons in Dystopia. Looks fun!
  • A[L]CA[L]C Join Date: 2010-07-25 Member: 72801Members
    Nice vid!

What did you use software wise?
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    edited March 2013
    Cool video.

Looks pretty laggy. Aliens were blowing up even if the rail gun didn't directly hit them. So there's a blast radius?

I watched my own recording of the rail gun and I can see how it works now. It doesn't have to have a direct hit, near enough is OK, then the alien it killed vanishes, and a new blown up alien animation starts to play where the rail gun fired.

• kelevra386kelevra386 Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175425Members
    Nice vid. Your twitch aim is awesome.
    edited March 2013
    peregrinus wrote: »
    Cool video.

Looks pretty laggy. Aliens were blowing up even if the rail gun didn't directly hit them. So there's a blast radius?

I watched my own recording of the rail gun and I can see how it works now. It doesn't have to have a direct hit, near enough is OK, then the alien it killed vanishes, and a new blown up alien animation starts to play where the rail gun fired.

Well actually that was called twitch aim lol. I have to be very accurate with my aiming or else it'll miss.

And the reason that happened in your video is not because you aimed somewhere else but it's because of the server lag difference. Server side or client side, whatever it's called. I forgot. But it happens to me too. Sometimes they just blow up exactly where I hit, and sometimes their body blows up .5 ms after I hit.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited March 2013
    I'm not sure it's communicated in the patch notes or the brief summary of the patch that Hugh posted, but yes, the railgun DOES have a wider hitscan than a normal weapon. It's not splash damage or a "blast radius" per se - think of it more as a very small circle hitscan rather than a single pixel hitscan. It's sort of like the difference between drawing an infinitely thin line between you and the target and drawing a cylinder with a very, very narrow radius between you and the target.

I don't have the exact width off-hand but I'll see if I can find it for you. [Edit: straight from Andi - width is 0.12 meters]

A fewer other clarifications about railgun behavior in general (since there's a bit of confusion in many places):
    -railguns cannot shoot through walls
    -railguns can shoot through players and structures (entities), both friendly and enemy
    -railguns do structure damage (double damage to alien buildings and eggs)
    -you cannot one shot a lerk, gorge or fade from full HP, although a charged shot against a lerk or a gorge comes very close to killing it
    Narfwak wrote: »
    I'm not sure it's communicated in the patch notes or the brief summary of the patch that Hugh posted, but yes, the railgun DOES have a wider hitscan than a normal weapon. It's not splash damage or a "blast radius" per se - think of it more as a very small circle hitscan rather than a single pixel hitscan. It's sort of like the difference between drawing an infinitely thin line between you and the target and drawing a cylinder with a very, very narrow radius between you and the target.

I don't have the exact width off-hand but I'll see if I can find it for you. [Edit: straight from Andi - width is 0.12 meters]

A fewer other clarifications about railgun behavior in general (since there's a bit of confusion in many places):
    -railguns cannot shoot through walls
    -railguns can shoot through players and structures (entities), both friendly and enemy
    -railguns do structure damage (double damage to alien buildings and eggs)
    -you cannot one shot a lerk, gorge or fade from full HP, although a charged shot against a lerk or a gorge comes very close to killing it

I think one time a railgun shot through a sliding door, could be wrong though I'd have to check again. And yes they shoot through players cause I got a double kill that way :p

Oh and, if any of the developers are reading this, you cannot change lifeforms if a gorge puts babblers on you. Just a heads up.