Seems like this is a goodbye...

KattcattisKattcattis Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182683Members, Reinforced - Shadow
I feel like I have to express myself somewhere and to let the comunity and UWE know.
I was very excited of the new gorgeus patch, and know with every patch there will be changes were I usually have to change a bit of my playstyle. It keeps my attention that I can not be comfortable with one tactic and be flexible.
However, to the very point of this little thread. I am mostly an alien player, been trying out marine and want to get better at it but keep on struggeling that I am not good with fps games. For the first time since the game released, I don't have fun at all playing the game. Tried some different servers and maps today and I can say I lost pretty much every game I was in, mostly played alien. Only one time did I win with the alien team, but that was because the marine didn't really expand during that game. Of course you will feel down if you lost every game, and not even have a fun game even if you lose.

But, my alien gameplay is completely destroyed by this point. And mostly I have to say about that is one word: Speed. When I play skulk I feel like a wallclimbing gorge withouth healing ability and spit. When I meet up with a marine, I can barely reach him before I die and I am doing same tactics and movements I did before when I got hit some but had a fighting chance. Now I can only hope that a skulk gives his life so I can come close to the marine to bite.
I mean, I was pretty upset when they buffed the shotgun. At that I got real angry, but still I tried to adapt and pay more attention to my health and so on. With the skulk speed I feel so slow that I don't even know how to adapt. Skulk already have low health and armor, speed was the advantage skulk had. They have taken that away and now I feel like a useless player either being the armor for my skulk friends or suicide harrass.

I've read threads about this and peoples opinion about this matter, mine is simple; It's not fun anymore.
I play to have fun, not mainly winning even if that is always a confident boost. But at this time I will not play NS2 for a while, because of the simple reason that it's not fun and I feel like I am waisting my time with the game at the moment.
I know a lot of you will not agree, this is my opinion, you have your own and I will live with that. This is just my message to the comunity and UWE.
I loved the game, but for now.... Bye

Comments

• deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    im sure it wont remain like this for long, its just the way of patches especially content ones
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Kattcattis wrote: »
    But, my alien gameplay is completely destroyed by this point. And mostly I have to say about that is one word: Speed. When I play skulk I feel like a wallclimbing gorge withouth healing ability and spit. When I meet up with a marine, I can barely reach him before I die and I am doing same tactics and movements I did before when I got hit some but had a fighting chance.
    Let me stop you right there - have you tried doing different tactics?
  • KattcattisKattcattis Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182683Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yeh, I always try sneaky ways of killing marines. I am not a skulk running straight into battle. I am probably one of the players with patience to get the marine into the position I want them to be before I engage them. Still I die easily because I can feel the change of my speed and so on.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    We will miss you so much.
  • Zenn3kZenn3k Join Date: 2013-03-01 Member: 183506Members
    Indeed. I like to play Alien commander myself. Its fairly easy to play, I love spreading the "creep" all over the map, and I generally sucked as a skulk before this patch.

After commanding about 15 alien games, all resulting in losses, and all because my team of skulks can't seem to get ANY kills anymore...I find I can't have fun as Alien commander anymore either.

Who wants to command 15 losses in a row where all you can do is drop the same cysts over and over again while the marine team completely traps you in your spawn? Its not fun right now, marines are way too dominate during the entire match, there is never a point where Aliens have superior tech, even with more nodes, 2 hives, crag/shift fully up....Marines just walk in with railguns and wtfpwn you all over the walls.

I won't be playing for awhile either, until another balance patch drops.
  • MowwexMowwex Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165643Members
    Same here, Game isn't fun anymore as alien, And I play it the most, so I won't be playing this game for awhile not until they get a patch up that fixes skulks, It's annoying to play now, So I won't be playing until they get a patch up to fix alien gameplay
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    heh i hardly notice any difference. i think it's mostly psychological.

besides once you get access to leap you can move at blistering speed... use leap to build momentum, by leaping against a wall and quickly jumping away from the wall. it also helps if you perpetually mash the space bar key.

i'm moving faster now than i was in the old release build bunny-wall-jumping.
  • SixtyWattManSixtyWattMan Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31404Members
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    You're psyching yourself out man. There's virtually no difference in skulk speed at all.
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    it's a team game, try playing with teamwork. you're most likely trying to solo marines, which was never possible unless the marines were bad/unlucky.
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    Mowwex wrote: »
    Same here, Game isn't fun anymore as alien, And I play it the most, so I won't be playing this game for awhile not until they get a patch up that fixes skulks, It's annoying to play now, So I won't be playing until they get a patch up to fix alien gameplay

Now you sound like the marine players of patch 237-239

tarquinbb wrote: »
    heh i hardly notice any difference. i think it's mostly psychological.

besides once you get access to leap you can move at blistering speed... use leap to build momentum, by leaping against a wall and quickly jumping away from the wall. it also helps if you perpetually mash the space bar key.

i'm moving faster now than i was in the old release build bunny-wall-jumping.

How are you suppose to get leap when the marines control the entire map from the opening of the game?

Most of the games I've played post patch, aliens are LUCKY to get a 2nd hive building, much less upgrade to leap. Hell, in one of them, we finally got our 2nd hive built...just as the marine team walked into the first hive with 6 players sporting raingun exo's and the rest with welders and downed in in seconds.
  • KattcattisKattcattis Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182683Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yeh I can see that maybe be a solution to the reduced speed tarquinbb, I've been trying to work on my walljump that I am not very good with at the start. (I can not bhop in css and such), I felt I started to learn how to do the walljumps before, now it feels like I never get any speed. I know I have to try more and I never give up the first thing I do.
    But it have been so bad during these games I haven't played with leap yet. Or when leap was up I was lerk, trying to survive because it felt like I was the trumph card of the team because I was the higher lifeform.
    You're psyching yourself out man. There's virtually no difference in skulk speed at all.

Lots of people has reported that the skulk feels much more "heavier" than before the patch, It could just be something that could be causing it,
    But as I've feelt this has ruined my wall-jumping to get up momentum and as it is important for skulks it pretty much ruins the skulk-gameplay for me
    as I can't seem to catch up with marines anymore and get killed more then 75% then before
  • luminalumina Join Date: 2012-06-15 Member: 153300Members
    edited March 2013
    Be polite. -Talesin
    SeeVee wrote: »
    Now you sound like the marine players of patch 237-239

It may be so, But it ruins the game for me, I play both marine and alien, I can get kills as marine, but not many as alien, Before the patch and around patch 237-239 I could get kills as marine, I usually went around 20-3 as alien before, But now it seems impossible as I always end up with around 3-11
  • luminalumina Join Date: 2012-06-15 Member: 153300Members
    No one cares.

I believe UWE want to hear everyones opinion, how would they be able to try and better the game if they not read about what we think?
    You might not care, well that is fine.

But you are aren't the person they care about. They care about the people who play the game. You just posted that you aren't playing anymore.

UWE does care about the players opinions. Saying that it sucks and you quit, is not constructive feedback. Saying that you quit because you aren't good at the game, especially so soon after a giant change, is not constructive feedback.

So I agree with the poster you responded to.
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    No one cares.

I believe UWE want to hear everyones opinion, how would they be able to try and better the game if they not read about what we think?

People care when you say "I'm not enjoying NS2's gameplay any more" or "I'm having trouble adapting to the changes, can anyone help?"

Nobody cares when you say "I'm not going to play any more, goodbye." The only reasonable response is "Okay, goodbye." Or, more likely, nothing.
    You might not care, well that is fine.[/quote]

But you are aren't the person they care about. They care about the people who play the game. You just posted that you aren't playing anymore.

UWE does care about the players opinions. Saying that it sucks and you quit, is not constructive feedback. Saying that you quit because you aren't good at the game, especially so soon after a giant change, is not constructive feedback.

So I agree with the poster you responded to.[/quote]

Well, I will quit the game for a while. I love the game, stubbornly so I will probably again try to play it and see if improvement been made to anything. I am still a player, I can still come back if they can stop messing up the skulks, and therefore I think my opinion matters. This have been my favourite game, so I would not give up on it completely, I said bye "for now", and I hope for a fix or something that can make the gameplay fun again.
    CrazyEddie wrote: »
    No one cares.

People care when you say "I'm not enjoying NS2's gameplay any more" or "I'm having trouble adapting to the changes, can anyone help?"

Nobody cares when you say "I'm not going to play any more, goodbye." The only reasonable response is "Okay, goodbye." Or, more likely, nothing.

Still, I stand to what I said before. I will try game again because this is my favourite game. I'm taking a break and therefore goodbye. Now it feels like I get a load of crap because peaople view me as a quitter, take is easy everyone! All I am looking for is a bit of less nerfing on alien side, and I will be a happy girl. I only express myself dramaticaly with this topic.
  • randomroperandomrope Join Date: 2013-01-16 Member: 180026Members
    But, my alien gameplay is completely destroyed by this point. And mostly I have to say about that is one word: Speed my whole team going gorge and playing with babblers and tunnels while letting marines go in for fun since it was the first day of a new release.

I mean, I was pretty upset when they buffed the shotgun made all the pellets not randomly hit me on the same location.

.... Bye

Dude your whole alien team was playing with their new toys and not taking it seriously. Played 6 straight rounds as marine yesterday and won every single one. And you know what. I didn't see infestation ANYWHERE. No cysts. No whips. Barely any harvesters because aliens weren't expanding. How are people taking the communities first day antics as balancing issues. Aliens got a phase gate equivalent. Not marines fault that every single alien just stayed inside and played around.

See ya later
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    edited March 2013
    Now it feels like I get a load of crap because peaople view me as a quitter
    That's not why you're getting a load of crap.

I only express myself dramaticaly with this topic.
    That's why.
  • briatxbriatx Join Date: 2013-01-18 Member: 180352Members
    edited March 2013
    Just play some marines for a while.

Or play aliens and relish in fighting against almost insurmountable* odds. That's what marine players did the last patch. I perversely started to enjoy it.

People are calling this out as a guilt trip, because it is.

*for some level of surmountableness
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Its important to note that this is not the final movement change for skulks. There are much larger changes being tested, that will allow for greater skill in skulk movement, and also fix some of the remaining issues that the skulk still has. As with anything, if you have played skulk for the past 5 months and gotten used to it, any little change is going to throw off your movement. Have some patience and persistence - the speed changes for the skulk are overall quite small, but also are large enough to encourage more 'skulking' playstyles - ambushing, tricking and outsmarting your opponent - skulks are not ment to be able to charge into rooms and kill marines.
    randomrope wrote: »
    But, my alien gameplay is completely destroyed by this point. And mostly I have to say about that is one word: Speed my whole team going gorge and playing with babblers and tunnels while letting marines go in for fun since it was the first day of a new release.

I mean, I was pretty upset when they buffed the shotgun made all the pellets not randomly hit me on the same location.

.... Bye

Dude your whole alien team was playing with their new toys and not taking it seriously. Played 6 straight rounds as marine yesterday and won every single one. And you know what. I didn't see infestation ANYWHERE. No cysts. No whips. Barely any harvesters because aliens weren't expanding. How are people taking the communities first day antics as balancing issues. Aliens got a phase gate equivalent. Not marines fault that every single alien just stayed inside and played around.

See ya later

Yeh I noticed some of the first games earlier today it was a lot of playing around. But I felt struggle when the team was serious. I'll just have to see when and if a fix will come, I will be hopefull :)
  • GorgenapperGorgenapper Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157916Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    CrazyEddie wrote: »
    No one cares.

Exactly. It's not like UWE made bullets auto aim themselves onto skulks. They fixed the animations and improved hit reg on skulks. The marines who used to miss because of those bugs are now registering more of their shots, resulting in higher death rates for skulks that are used to not being hit when they charge at a marine the way they used to.

The Gorgeous update has been out for less than 24 hrs and people haven't gotten used to the changes, plus you have a surplus of gorges playing with their babblers, and idiot alien comms researching early gorge tunnels before a second hive.

All this boils down to is that skulks need to play smarter now, and not charge down long hallways towards waiting marines. Ambush them around corners, above doorways, near vents. Keep harassing their extractors, skulks do a much better job of killing enemy economy than marines do.
    briatx wrote: »

Or play aliens and relish in fighting against almost insurmountable* odds. That's what marine players did the last patch. I perversely started to enjoy it.

No no no, you get yourself and about 5 friends to all go aliens. As soon as the match starts, F4. When the marines complain, tell them you just saved them 30 minutes of their lives as they were going to win anyway. Tell them "your welcome" for making their days more productive and log off solid in the knowledge that you helped someone accomplish something that day....
    xDragon wrote: »
    Its important to note that this is not the final movement change for skulks. There are much larger changes being tested, that will allow for greater skill in skulk movement, and also fix some of the remaining issues that the skulk still has. As with anything, if you have played skulk for the past 5 months and gotten used to it, any little change is going to throw off your movement. Have some patience and persistence - the speed changes for the skulk are overall quite small, but also are large enough to encourage more 'skulking' playstyles - ambushing, tricking and outsmarting your opponent - skulks are not ment to be able to charge into rooms and kill marines.

Thanks for the comment :) I agree. I always try being tricksy and ambush as skulk. The hope of people getting used to the new stuff (less playing around), will make it easier to try learn the new speed adjustment to the skulk when the whole team is there to help out on the map. I will stay persistence! But that will have to wait for tomorrow, haha :)
    Zenn3k wrote: »
    briatx wrote: »

No no no, you get yourself and about 5 friends to all go aliens. As soon as the match starts, F4. When the marines complain, tell them you just saved them 30 minutes of their lives as they were going to win anyway. Tell them "your welcome" for making their days more productive and log off solid in the knowledge that you helped someone accomplish something that day....

Hahaha, that would be something to try out :D