What happened to the community?

2»

Comments

• ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Got yelled at last night for trying to help out a newbie alien team. They lost halfs in a row, so I told them maybe they should get cara instead of celerity. Was instantly bombarded with "GTFO phaggot, you're obviously a n00b celerity is best." I switched marines, we beat them in about 3 minutes flat, and all the aliens left the server. GG, ns2 community. GG.
  • CommunistWithAGunCommunistWithAGun Local Propaganda Guy Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15953Members
    Skyhawk02 wrote: »
    My friend bought me this game as a christmas present and for about two weeks I racked up 30 hours of playtime(a lot for me). I enjoyed the friendly community and comradery. Even losing repeatedly was fun, people were laughing or jokingly blaming the comm(but in a friendly manner). I was pretty burnt out so I didn't play for a couple months. I played for a few hours today and it seemed totally different. Teams were conceding at the slightest hint of losing, when I pointed out that isn't as fun for the winning team I was called names and insulted. Multiple people were constantly making racist remarks the entire time I was playing. So, uh, What happened to the community?

Obvious troll.

There's no way someone sits for 20 minutes in a losing game, gently teasing himself with an ostrich feather, while beads of sweat trickle down his supple frame. All the while saying "ooh!...Yes, you definitely shot my skulk...mmm, so many bulletsssssssss"

Moment the games lost I concede, moment nobody votes concede I f4.
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    edited February 2013
    Got yelled at last night for trying to help out a newbie alien team. They lost halfs in a row, so I told them maybe they should get cara instead of celerity. Was instantly bombarded with "GTFO phaggot, you're obviously a n00b celerity is best." I switched marines, we beat them in about 3 minutes flat, and all the aliens left the server. GG, ns2 community. GG.

I love how the worst players try to blame the com for their loss. All while they ignore the task of defending RTs or following orders when you really need them somewhere. Demanding a second IP early game because they drop like flies, yelling for medpacks early game and yelling to eject when they do not get it. I would go gathers already if I was not so bad at aiming myself.
  • CommunistWithAGunCommunistWithAGun Local Propaganda Guy Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15953Members
    ^I love how the worst players try to blame the com for their loss. All while they ignore the task of defending RTs or following orders when you really need them somewhere. Demanding a second IP early game because they drop like flies, yelling for medpacks early game and yelling to eject when they do not get it. I would go gathers already if I was not so bad at aiming myself.

Gathers are dead out of box for the most part, unless you enjoy playing against europeans with lagshields
  • BLAST_IMMINENTBLAST_IMMINENT Join Date: 2013-02-19 Member: 183199Members
    It seems like the rookie friendly servers are a little more lighthearted. the vets are angry!
  • CiroCiro Join Date: 2013-01-09 Member: 178392Members
    It seems like the rookie friendly servers are a little more lighthearted. the vets are angry!

Just mute them. Especially the foot soldiers trying to micromanage the team; spamming voice chat. Some "vets" are a step above rookies in experience, yet somehow have a low tolerance for mistakes.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members

shift first has its place, and with marines winning in 3 minutes, I doubt crag first would have done much to change the outcome. I don't disagree with your gist, just your details need nuance.
  • SampsonSampson Join Date: 2012-01-06 Member: 139769Members
    it's either concede... or rr or leave the server... it's just how NS2 and NS1 are built.... in a 20 minute match you can usually know the winner by 8 minutes... at least in pubs