Option to mute a player requests for commander

Mad selectionMad selection Join Date: 2013-01-01 Member: 176967Members
I just got out of a game where that guy Sexual Tyrannosaurus harrassed me for no less then 45 minutes with non stop requests. I can only let you imagine how aggravating that was and how many requests I never heard from all 9 other players because of him. All he wanted was for me to put phasegate at stupid places while everybody else was telling him no. So he managed to ruin the game for everyone else since I couldn't get either the alerts or the requests of other players in time.

That kind of situation is rare but it does happen.

Muting the voice is not enought, the "requests" from a particular player need to be shut down too if need be.

Comments

• FappuchinoFappuchino Join Date: 2012-10-10 Member: 162008Members
    edited February 2013
    Agreed. It would only be fair, however, if the player gets a notice that he's been muted.

Though like you said, it's a very rare to meet those kind of people, thankfully.
  • WoZeRWoZeR Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55080Members, Constellation
    or you could just code in a simple check that prevents spamming... i dunno how about 5 request per a minute.
  • FrothybeverageFrothybeverage Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13593Members
    I've had people spam ammo/medpack/order requests for entire games, repeatedly.

I really wish there was a vote kick, without mods.
  • SoundFXSoundFX Join Date: 2003-08-21 Member: 20048Members
    edited February 2013
    I just got out of a game where that guy Sexual Tyrannosaurus harrassed me for no less then 45 minutes with non stop requests. I can only let you imagine how aggravating that was and how many requests I never heard from all 9 other players because of him. All he wanted was for me to put phasegate at stupid places while everybody else was telling him no. So he managed to ruin the game for everyone else since I couldn't get either the alerts or the requests of other players in time.

That kind of situation is rare but it does happen.

Muting the voice is not enought, the "requests" from a particular player need to be shut down too if need be.

I might suggest going to the server admins or forums and asking for some punishment, aka a few day ban. I played with said person and he was pretty negative the entire game. I remember days of ns1 where waiting for slots/donators to leave was common on the popular servers, it might not seem like much, but you don't know what you have til its gone.
  • CiroCiro Join Date: 2013-01-09 Member: 178392Members
    I like the idea. Bottom of the list though, with us players contacting server admins until then.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't know if it's a Mod on the HBZ Server, but normally if you mute a Player also his Requests are gone.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow