Aim botters?

1235»

Comments

• ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    Tall poppy syndrome alive and well in this community.

The AUS community doesn't seem to have any hackers to my knowledge despite whining by Xao. That 6th sense some people have is due to having played so many iterations of summit, tram and veil that all the standard middling skill player ambush spots are just too obvious for higher skilled players.

• EiZONEiZON Join Date: 2008-12-07 Member: 65687Members
    edited February 2013
    Regarding aimbots and wallhacks, I would be amazed if nobody had any. They are really not that difficult to make, there are countless methods, and there is never a way to prevent them existing without trusted computing, which you can read about here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_system

I don't care about aimbots and wallhacks in NS2 because I know they are an inevitability as they are in every FPS, and I try to play on non-UWE servers because I know admins are more likely to be around. Sadly that might mean players like fanatic will get banned by peeved admins but a better spectator mode should help.
  • MMZ_TorakMMZ_Torak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3770Members
    The biggest problem I have with this whole thing thing is to someone, anyone can be too good to play on [X Server]. It is all relative. So at what point do we assign Scarlet Letters to higher skilled players and segregate them from the rest of the player base. Who gets to set the benchmark? How good is too good? Also, when do we get to ostracize the terrible players (note: not new players, simply bad players) and segregate them out of the player base? Then we can set up a special server for them where all the sharp corners are cushioned for their protection and everyone wears a hockey helmet for safety.
  • rook2pawnrook2pawn Join Date: 2008-07-03 Member: 64552Members
    Davil, what the heck are you talking about.

The cross hair CHANGES color for you when you are aligned over an alien lifeform. All you would have to do is hook into that function. There is no geometry, no pixels, nothing to analyze.
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
  • JAMESEARLJONOSJAMESEARLJONOS Join Date: 2012-12-15 Member: 175155Members
    Firing the pistol at max rate can easily be done without scripting. Most modern mice allow pretty robust rebinding options, and it's not a big deal to change scroll down into left click (in addition to the normal left click). Meaning that all you have to do is scroll your mouse button down to fire at max rate. The problem with the pistol is that you have to go to that length to fire it at max rate consistently without getting carpal tunnel. It really should be redesigned so that you can hold to fire in-game (or have a lower fire rate to begin with).
  • FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Firing the pistol at max rate can easily be done without scripting. Most modern mice allow pretty robust rebinding options, and it's not a big deal to change scroll down into left click (in addition to the normal left click). Meaning that all you have to do is scroll your mouse button down to fire at max rate. The problem with the pistol is that you have to go to that length to fire it at max rate consistently without getting carpal tunnel. It really should be redesigned so that you can hold to fire in-game (or have a lower fire rate to begin with).

I set this up easily with my G500. The hard cap on the fire rate needs to be tightened up.
  • SeahuntsSeahunts Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151973Members
    Therius wrote: »

Just sounds like a good player. There are only so many places in the current maps that a skulk can feasibly hide in, and an experienced player knows every single one of them.

The room was smelting, they were on the rafters, he didn't spray the roof to find them, he walked straight in looking at the ceiling and got 3 in one clip. I was just in front and had looked at the same ceiling and was not able to see them.

The fact that people are actually arguing that neon coloured skulks and pistol scripts are ok in the Aus forum doesn't really help either.
    http://www.ausns2.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=129

Scatter wrote: »
    The AUS community doesn't seem to have any hackers to my knowledge despite whining by Xao.

I presume you are not classing as hacks the pink / neon alien textures that people have openly admitted to using and some even argued are ok to use?
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Seahunts wrote: »
    The fact that people are actually arguing that neon coloured skulks and pistol scripts are ok in the Aus forum doesn't really help either.

Just remind them that those things will get you banned in ENSL. I'm sure hotshots like to pretend that they are in competitive, so just bring that up casually.
  • IAMKINGIAMKING Join Date: 2012-09-14 Member: 159328Members
    Squishpoke wrote: »

Just remind them that those things will get you banned in ENSL. I'm sure hotshots like to pretend that they are in competitive, so just bring that up casually.
    honestly they have a more intelligent discussion about it than you'll get over here.
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    Therius wrote: »

Just sounds like a good player. There are only so many places in the current maps that a skulk can feasibly hide in, and an experienced player knows every single one of them.
    Scatter wrote: »
    The AUS community doesn't seem to have any hackers to my knowledge despite whining by Xao.

I presume you are not classing as hacks the pink / neon alien textures that people have openly admitted to using and some even argued are ok to use?

The people that were/are using them are aware they are bannable in comp games. Don't think that good players rely on these to be as good as they are. While they might be a slight advantage this isn't a huge game changer that bads think they are. Infact when i tried them i thought they hindered my gameplay quite alot.

Goodluck proving this anyway there are ways around consistency checks to enable "fluro skulks"

Thanks,
    Nezz
    Although I agree with what nezz said, you could easily request a screenshot randomly during a match, like they supposedly do in dota, to scan for texture modifications.

• JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Consistency checking is laughable, random screenshot requirement is the only method of actually testing for it. Even then I believe Spark is capable of hot loading textures. If you're determined enough to cheat, getting away with it is the easy part.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited February 2013
    40 kills and 1 death? Honestly? Do they just run down hallways whilst you look at them and fill them with bullets?! :/
  • XaoXao Join Date: 2012-12-12 Member: 174840Members
    Using fluros is a huge fucking advantage, I'd even argue that you'll never learn to track properly in NS2 without using fluro models for a while because the animations (air control) are just so unnatural, if you don't believe me go into steam workshop and search "down with" and use that mod, hell use any other cyst infest changing mod with it so it's not white walling infest everywhere and watch your KD literally triple as you can perfectly see and more importantly track skulks/lerks/fades no matter what they do.

My beef isn't with people with 1000+ hours played, like Scatter, who clan stacks 9/10 of his pub games anyway so it's hardly an issue for him, it's all the people well below that mark, people who have horrible macro yet never get ambushed or put into bad positions microing in battle, the people you spec who nearly never walk rooms for a good 2+ mins with no cues when there's skulks waiting but 30 seconds later after the skulks leave run straight up to the res node and start knifing without making a single check in any location, people who always track perfectly despite running through 50+ different light sources at any distance and pull the most rand pick offs known to man with 0 cues as to people being there.

I see people who never use flashlight on marines yet feel comfortable taking down 3-4 skulks in powerless areas, even right after power goes down, these people are either so arrogant or stupid after not being called on it for so long it's just acceptable now.

(Aus only ahead stop reading if you don't care)

We have people in and out of clans in the Aus community numbering 20-30 who use pistol macros, you mean to tell me these online heros go to the effort of either owning a mouse with auto fire or actually install their mouse drivers (who does this), open them up and reconfigure other buttons to perform the same function or use 3rd party programs like autoit or autohotkey and set them up that way, they do all this just to scroll their mouse wheel/press a key and spend 1/2 the time tracking and firing single rounds and just flick once and scroll, they go to this much effort to add another 5-10 kills per round in NS2 but they absolutely do not use fluro models or inject walls. Given that using either or both fluro and walls is much easier than setting up a pistol macro any day of the week, they've gone to this much effort just to have their pathetic mouse click macro and they stop all other modifications straight afterwards, a pistol macro is the most obvious one as well, fuck lets jump aboard the NS 1 train and you'll note they even limited scripting to 3 or 5 commands to specifically stop pistol macros while keeping bhop on mwheel intact.

You don't think it's weird of all the bindable keys UWE left out of release NS2 that the mousewheel was one of them, they setup a specific mechanic in walljumping that meant if jump was pressed inbetween you jumping off the floor or the wall, or spamming jump, the speed bonus stopped instantly, all these people circumnavigating the basic mechanic of 'pistol does more dmg per round but it's one round fired per one player input' and they all just stop there.

I'm blessed with playing on default settings with headphones, if I play marine I can't see shit (the amount of people who remark "Xao why u use flashlight LOL" is staggering, how the fuck else do you see anything in this game it's worse than doom 3), skulks jump between 5-10 different light sources and it all starts to blend in, I lose track and constantly micro myself in and out of harms way at random, sometimes I'm the hare and sometimes I'm the dog and I see way too many people in pub games who have never been the hare in any game I've seen them in to believe they're playing anything remotely default. Hardly negative bias or "tall poppy syndrome" (What fucking achievement has any clanned member of NS2 made? Random female asians streaming LoL in singlets make more bank than anyone playing NS2 will by large margins) since I win half of these games anyway.

You can't rightly explain why 90% of these idiots with pistol macros, in or out of clans, can not play a single higher alien life form to save them self after 200-300+ hours of game play.

tl;dr Consistency, watched a lot of scrims and people who are marine pub gods struggle to get out of negative KD in scrims in any game that has been uploaded. I'm also lead to believe there's roughly 15-25 people who can track as well as fana/tane/edak/gliss (sorry other EUs rine gods) any day of the week in Aus pub servers, brace yourselves rest of the world, they're one super clan formation away from re-writing marine rounds.
  • Visor1Visor1 Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140300Members
    edited February 2013
    Xao wrote: »

1) Using fluros is a huge fucking advantage,

2) My beef isn't with people with 1000+ hours played, like Scatter, who clan stacks 9/10. it's all the people well below that mark, people who have horrible macro yet never get ambushed or put into bad positions microing in battle, the people you spec who nearly never walk rooms for a good 2+ mins with no cues when there's skulks waiting but 30 seconds later after the skulks leave run straight up to the res node and start knifing without making a single check in any location, people who always track perfectly despite running through 50+ different light sources at any distance and pull the most rand pick offs known to man with 0 cues as to people being there.

3) I see people who never use flashlight on marines yet feel comfortable taking down 3-4 skulks in powerless areas, even right after power goes down, these people are either so arrogant or stupid after not being called on it for so long it's just acceptable now.

(Aus only ahead stop reading if you don't care)

4) We have people in and out of clans in the Aus community numbering 20-30 who use pistol macros, you mean to tell me these online heros go to the effort of either owning a mouse with auto fire or actually install their mouse drivers (who does this), open them up and reconfigure other buttons to perform the same function or use 3rd party programs like autoit or autohotkey.

Given that using either or both fluro and walls is much easier than setting up a pistol macro any day of the week, they've gone to this much effort just to have their pathetic mouse click macro and they stop all other modifications straight afterwards, a pistol macro is the most obvious one as well, fuck lets jump aboard the NS 1 train and you'll note they even limited scripting to 3 or 5 commands to specifically stop pistol macros while keeping bhop on mwheel intact.

5) You don't think it's weird of all the bindable keys UWE left out of release NS2 that the mousewheel was one of them, they setup a specific mechanic in walljumping that meant if jump was pressed inbetween you jumping off the floor or the wall, or spamming jump, the speed bonus stopped instantly, all these people circumnavigating the basic mechanic of 'pistol does more dmg per round but it's one round fired per one player input' and they all just stop there.

6) if I play marine I can't see shit (the amount of people who remark "Xao why u use flashlight LOL" is staggering, how the fuck else do you see anything in this game it's worse than doom 3),

(What fucking achievement has any clanned member of NS2 made? Random female asians streaming LoL in singlets make more bank than anyone playing NS2 will by large margins) since I win half of these games anyway.

7) You can't rightly explain why 90% of these idiots with pistol macros, in or out of clans, can not play a single higher alien life form to save them self after 200-300+ hours of game play.

8) tl;dr Consistency, watched a lot of scrims and people who are marine pub gods struggle to get out of negative KD in scrims in any game that has been uploaded. I'm also lead to believe there's roughly 15-25 people who can track as well as fana/tane/edak/gliss (sorry other EUs rine gods) any day of the week in Aus pub servers,/quote]

1) Yep sadly there is a way to bypass the consistency check for comp games which hopefully will get fixed soon

2) People like scatter barely play pub games and as for stacked teams pub players just love to jump on the clan tags bandwagon and you get left with the people to new to see what's going on. Granted their are times where you see 4-5 claners and smurfs on one side but these are pretty rare. Best way to avoid stacking is to avoid monash which is the most likely spot. According to these forums a working wall hack has been up for 3months so I can't say I'm surprised some randoms would have it. The rest just looks like fluro models again.

3) Again this looks like fluro models but I've never used it to be able to say for sure

4) Unless installing the driver stuffs with the sensor why wouldn't you install the mouse driver? The only macro that I've heard that seems to make any difference is the dreaded pistol script which I don't like either. I wouldn't have any clue on how easy/hard a hack is to install but I would have thought this part was obvious a wall hack is a hack. Making a macro that anyone can do isn't the same as hacking the game for added benefits.

5) True but then they also left the pistol to be able to fire off all 10 rounds in under .5sec. Again it's something that they should fix but it seems odd you left that out.

6) In 1105 hours of play time no one has ever ask me why I use a flash light and yes I which I could spawn with it on. No doubt the gama setting is the villain here but this isn't illegal in any way shape or form. So now you're not just content bagging out Aus clans but to all ns2 clans? I didn't realise in order to be good at a video game we all had to be well hung millionaires with supermodel GF.

7) So basicly your saying 90% of clans with pistol script can't even play aliens? Maybe if you actually scrimed against them you might actually have a clue.

8) Yep it stands to reason if you go up against a whole team of equal or better players you won't pull off 10-1 KDR. Not to mention if aliens are doing a good job of taking down rt your comm can't get upgrades to much later. Wait so your saying in pub games these people can track as good as anyone in the world but when it comes time to go up against other skilled players they struggle? It's almost as if most pub players don't wall jump or even ambush effectively. I'm sorry but wouldn't this mean people aren't hacking????
    lmao xao makes the greatest posts
  • clowningclowning Join Date: 2003-11-15 Member: 22956Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    You don't think it's weird of all the bindable keys UWE left out of release NS2 that the mousewheel was one of them, they setup a specific mechanic in walljumping that meant if jump was pressed inbetween you jumping off the floor or the wall, or spamming jump, the speed bonus stopped instantly, all these people circumnavigating the basic mechanic of 'pistol does more dmg per round but it's one round fired per one player input' and they all just stop there.

Pistol does light damage, so it does not necessarily do more damage. Also, this is UWE's fault. If they so desired they would put a limit on pistol fire rate. As long as it is a feature of the game people are going to use it. Yes, unlimited fire rate is currently a 'feature' not an exploit with its current fire rate.
    I see people who never use flashlight on marines yet feel comfortable taking down 3-4 skulks in powerless areas
    **** lets jump aboard the NS 1 train
    Do you remember correctly what NS1 was like? If people didn't have whitewalls and fluro models, EVERY SINGLE PERSON ran their gamma at absurdly high levels - in many cases with the help from external programs (just like these macros you talk about).

I run my NS2 with default models and textures. I even use default alien vision as I prefer it (doesn't hurt my eyes in the darkness of late night NS). But I can identify skulks quite easily in pure dark rooms, they're not invisible.
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
    edited February 2013
    @Xao

This is my post from the ausns2.org forums
    I came from wolfenstein / quake / 7 years of NS1 so maybe my mindset is different.. but this my thought.

I like to believe these are the following skills for fps gaming:
    - Smarts
    - Aim
    - Movement
    - Understanding

The ability to follow a very fast moving object that constantly changes colours due to shadows and other effects is not a skill. Everyone has different equipment, eyes, gamma/brightness on their monitors and settings. As far as I know NS2 does not balance the game by making shit dark / hard to see shit.

So I must be a cheater to the rest of you, but I CBF tracking a skulk that constantly changes colour due to map clutter / particle effects / shadows / power nodes.

Please realise the following:
    - NS1 was an overly bright game (made even brighter with gamma)
    - Competitive 1v1 Quake (the hardest / most skilled shooter even created) was played with fluro green player models and white walls
    - CS 1.6: Bright maps, simple textures
    - Wolf:ET : Bright maps, simple textures

If everyone played with skulk models that were easier to see and brighter maps, people would be on an even playing ground. You're just getting upset because their are a minority of old-school fps players that cbf putting up with overly dark maps and bad map design.
  • VolcanoVolcano Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112496Members, Constellation
    I don't run pink skulks or white walls, the red eyes the skulk has is enough to give off their position to me and 90% of the time the spots they are hiding in a common hiding spots that have been used since the dawn of time
    fine ill turn my pink skulks my hacks and my pistol script off
    Xao, im sure tane has only like 300 hours played time on ns2 he hack?
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    Scuzball wrote: »
    Would the animation code smooth out a rapid 360 to make it look slow an strange like this?
    Yes, turning animations are 'smoothed' by way of a turning rate cap or some such to preserve immersion and aesthetic 'integrity'.

This means animations never show an accurate representation of fast mouse movement, with the animations always lagging behind. e.g. You can die or take damage with a marine/alien apparently looking at you with his side or butt. This is what you observed in your OP, and does not indicate evidence of aimbot.

Afaik, you can also still do very quick 360's and not have your model show a turn animation at all because of said smoothing.

*edit*
    Also, anyone who uses pink skulks or pistol scripts can go lick a donkey's ass quite simply put. I have no problem with people binding fire to multiple keys though. One player input action must always equal one ingame action.
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    edited February 2013
    Why is being shitty at this game encouraged? Are you kidding me? I get called out CONSTANTLY and fortunately it's just in jest, because people recognize me, but for anyone that isn't noticed and you are
    genuinely good at the game- God help you. I've seen 3-4 servers that ban for a KDR higher than 3. This is natural selection, only the strong survive, not [INSERT POLITICAL FIGURE HERE]'s SUPER FUN WELFARE PARTY SAFARI, WHERE EVERYONE HAS FUN AND IS LOVED <3<3<3
    I thought you didnt play anymore.

I think we should institute skill cap, and anyone who exceeds said skill cap we burn at the stake! In the name of the common good, that is the good of everyone who isnt skilled (but mostly me).
    MMZ_Torak wrote: »
    And by the way, you don't play golf against other people, you play against yourself.
    Correction, you play against God. Luckily it sometimes lets you win.

But in all honesty playing against people way better than me is not much fun. I dunno about the rest of you but I play ns2 to have fun, not to perfect the skillz which have little or no intrinsic worth or applicability to other (more important) aspects of life. And its not much fun playing against someone who can solo 3 of you with the lmg.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    Davil wrote: »
    The pistol does not fire all of it's bullets at one time, if you can prove that feel free to submit a video. But I've played around with scripts as much as possible and unless your fps is a solid 120 or so you're not going to be firing it any faster than it was intended. And really even then you only gain about .02 seconds.

Bind shoot to the Mousewheel, click the Mouswheel out so that it rolls forever, jump and kick the wheel. 10 shots are out before you hit the ground again. This "bug" is as old as NS"!
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    Oh lawd Xao...

I don't agree with using pink skulks, but I understand the position that sometimes it's overly difficult to see a skulk due to the animations, shadows, and muddy colour palette of some maps. Skulks do need to stand out just a touch more, as too much of tracking skulks is just being able to see and follow where they're going, rather than aim. They don't need to be a super bright fluro colour or anything, but they need to be visible enough to remove any element of difficulty viewing where they are and how they're moving. It's a game, not a magic eye book. A skulk on the roof of crevice should be hard to hit cause he's far away, but not hard to see how he's moving. The ability to be able to track unusual animations of a skulk model that's blended into a muddy environment is not my idea of something that should factor into a competitive game. I guess that's pretty much what mf said anyway..

Pistol scripts - feels pretty cheap. I'm not super competitive anyway so doesn't bother me to see them in pubs and even in scrims. Leagues/tournaments are a different thing but I imagine most of them ban them anyway, so it doesn't really matter - they aren't going to make an appearance in any game that really matters, even if it sucks getting blasted by a pistol script as lerk.

Aimbots/wallhacks - obviously is cheating. Some people have consistently godlike aim, but I don't think I've ever actually encountered an aimbotter or wallhacker in ns2. The fact is is that some people are just legitimately that good even if it seems improbable.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I feel that skulks are intended to be hard to see when they are standing still.

Humans excel at detecting movement- I have no trouble spotting a skulk running around, but I can probably run underneath a hanging lerk for an entire game and not notice.
  • SanCoSanCo Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155744Members
    edited February 2013

Humans excel at detecting movement- I have no trouble spotting a skulk running around, but I can probably run underneath a hanging lerk for an entire game and not notice.

Yupp, that's one way you notice who uses fluros textures; sit on a wall, random guy comes around corner and instantly turn his aim on you despite sitting still in a shadow (obviously not too close to the corner). May be extremly bright gamma but more likely an easy to get mod on steam workshop (thanks whoever was the idiot uploading it to "protest") Probably done more damage than helping.

• joederpjoederp Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165992Members
    SanCo wrote: »

Yupp, that's one way you notice who uses fluros textures; sit on a wall, random guy comes around corner and instantly turn his aim on you despite sitting still in a shadow (obviously not too close to the corner). May be extremly bright gamma but more likely an easy to get mod on steam workshop (thanks whoever was the idiot uploading it to "protest") Probably done more damage than helping.

Oh man I hate that! I am often sniped by lerks in completely invisible hiding spots, you cannot possibly see them - you can only determine the general path they are shooting from by watching the spikes hit walls / doors as you walk around them, then track them by the spike trajectory. However when I try to do this? There is always at least 1 guy on marines who will spot me instantly and rapid fire me with the pistol.. its so stupid. Bright fluorescent models should not be allowed on a "official" servers. If you are going to allow for that you might as well allow people to make wall textures see-through. I mean honestly whats the difference? Both are modifying game textures to give you an advantage over other players.
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    Take it up with the server admins.
    **Locked**
This discussion has been closed.