1-click reupgrade

soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
edited February 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
it would be nice if i could bind a button to select the same traits I had before (aka I die as a skulk and upon respawn want the same traits). I waste so much time just selected the same trait (carapace... again, etc etc) after I die.

Marines don't have to select W3 and A3 when they respawn.

*I apologize if this post is redundant but i didn't find anything with this title...*

Comments

• FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    " I waste so much time..."

2-3 seconds will definetely make you fail your team and lose the game.
  • poloqpoloq Join Date: 2005-07-28 Member: 56990Members
    It would be convenient to have binds to upgrades. I think it could be done in NS1 through console like "bind x up_cara" or something to that effect. But that would mean that you would have to have 3-6 keys perma-bound to the upgrades. Unless of course you only use cele+cara which is very common.

On the other hand, its not that hard to select once you have the practice. I only "waste" at most 1 second on it. Good mouse practice ;)
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Just need a bindable button to reuse last traits
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    edited February 2013
    I suggest that the 'b' menu simply have your last-used abilities preselected. So you would just press b-> 'ok'
    As far as I can tell, this is the best solution, but as a slight addition, auto-select your last used combination for your lifeform, and it should be the last grouping you used given the currently available upgrades. So make the auto-preset upgrade selection based on your last selection given the alien type and upgrades. I hope I explained this correctly. (would entail priority lists of upgrades for each alien)

Also make this feature toggleable via settings.
  • uffouffo Join Date: 2003-05-03 Member: 16026Members
    Noteworthy option would be also to be able choose upgrades beforehand while spawning
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    uffo wrote: »
    Noteworthy option would be also to be able choose upgrades beforehand while spawning

that's a good idea - use that time sitting there "waiting to respawn" to choose your life form and traits