View New Posts, Who's Online: Where Are These

DepotDepot The ModFather Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7956Members
Trying hard to get used to this new format. Can anyone tell me how "View New Posts" and " Who's Online" is accessed?

Comments

• puzlpuzl The Old Firm Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14029Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Yeah, I absolutely love the new forums in many ways, but I really need my 'View New Posts' button.

Depot, I saw a 'Who's online' function earlier, but can't for the life of me locate it now.

• semihandysemihandy Florida Join Date: 2012-05-24 Member: 152537Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited January 2013
    There's no link to it, but this page shows all post sorted by date (with stickies first). If you want to hide the stickies, just click the gear icon and dismiss (you'll have to do it a few times, as each refresh brings more, older, sticky'd posts). It's a chore at first, but it's the closest we'll get to the "New Posts" page.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussions
  • randomroperandomrope Join Date: 2013-01-16 Member: 180026Members
    edited February 2013
    On the homepage screen it shows people online (I'm guessing the website) and people playing (logged into the game). On the right side on top of the marine picture. 1 click away from any screen.
  • DepotDepot The ModFather Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7956Members
    edited February 2013
    I saw that before randomrope, but if you click on "108 people online" nothing happens other than it going to the Forums.
    If you select "1210 people playing" nothing happens either.
  • ForlornHopeForlornHope Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18675Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited February 2013
    Although it doesn't filter out posts you've seen, you can get latest posts by clicking search (magnifying glass up top^) with no search text.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    semihandy wrote: »
    There's no link to it, but this page shows all post sorted by date (with stickies first). If you want to hide the stickies, just click the gear icon and dismiss (you'll have to do it a few times, as each refresh brings more, older, sticky'd posts). It's a chore at first, but it's the closest we'll get to the "New Posts" page.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussions

We now have all the stickies hidden on this page by default now. Looking into making the page more visible via a link or such.
    I simply cannot comprehend this. Does staff feel "View New Posts" is redundant? Do we all have nothing better to do than to pour though every single forum / thread every time we login here?

I've given up. I select the "Home" tab when I login to see if anything new is in NS2 worth re-posting, and I move on. I've been a member of this community since it's inception and will remain loyal, but regretfully the new website is a step in the wrong direction.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I put a link right there for 'view new posts'...
    Comprox wrote: »
    I put a link right there for 'view new posts'...
    Where is this link please? I can't find it.