XythXyth Avatar Join Date: 2003-11-04 Member: 22312Members
The picture says it all. Why does my avatar image appear less sharp than it does in my control panel/the top of the forums screen? It seems like the avatar source image is an upscaled version of the top-of-page image rather than a shrunk version of the control panel image.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2013
    Image link from your avatar

Seems like its indeed using the smaller version...
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Did you upload your avatar or did it carry over from the old forums?
  • GamerkatzeGamerkatze Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153711Members
    this happens with the old forum avatar. i had the same problem but reuploading the avatar fixed it for me :)
  • XythXyth Avatar Join Date: 2003-11-04 Member: 22312Members
    Comprox wrote: »
    Did you upload your avatar or did it carry over from the old forums?
    Actually the forums nabbed it from gravatar when I swapped my email address. I used this image back when I played BF3.
    I can definitely just upload the correct one but I feel as if the forums software should be smart enough to downscale "ProfilePhotoLarge" instead of upscale "ProfilePhotoMedium" when fetching the data from gravatar.