Biodome Minimap

JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
edited February 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Strayan showed off the WIP Biodome, here is the mostly completed minimap that I spliced together.

edit - Actual minimap.

2OFSwkg.jpg

Comments

• ZenuZenu Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72861Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    You didn't need to go through this trouble because he showed the whole minimap at 1:46 of the youtube video. :P
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2013
    LOL.
    Nice effort tho!

Didn't even realize Hugh was streaming our PT today. 0.0
    Sneaky aussie..

I guess the cat is out of the bag already, so here's what it looks like:

Edit: NVM u already posted the full overview :)
    Was fun to comm that game
  • Katana-Katana- Join Date: 2008-11-25 Member: 65575Members
    I hope some of those names are temporary, because Lab 1 and Lab 2 are bound to be confused :)
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Must of watched the video 3 times, how I didn't see that I don't even.
    I hope Fern Gully stays.
  • giogio Join Date: 2012-08-14 Member: 155618Members
    Will the Fern Gully location feature a blonde australian man and a girl with wings?
  • InkInk Join Date: 2009-08-15 Member: 68499Members
    Jekt wrote: »
    Must of watched the video 3 times, how I didn't see that I don't even.
    I hope Fern Gully stays.

All those things are actually in the map, Hugh just didnt want to show it yet since that fairy surfing the leaf is still in his alpha stages.

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If you watch the video, there's a working decal system in! Nice one!
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    babblers cant wait, but it seems like laiens have a lot of new toys and marines get very little
  • WonderWafflesWonderWaffles Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166137Members
    edited February 2013
    Look behind the map, and you can see a G. What is that for? To pick up a gun? I have not seen that before. The gun looks new
  • Sharp-ShooterSharp-Shooter Join Date: 2011-05-11 Member: 98364Members
    OMG!,

the decals looks awesome :D
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Katana- wrote: »
    I hope some of those names are temporary, because Lab 1 and Lab 2 are bound to be confused :)
    I was thinking that when we were playing it, actually. Alpha and Beta, maybe?

Also, just to re-re-re-emphasize: this is from a super early build of the map (and I'm surprised Hugh decided to show it at all).

• YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    Decals looks great. But man I hope Hugh does not get in trouble.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    Look behind the map, and you can see a G. What is that for? To pick up a gun? I have not seen that before. The gun looks new

That's Hugh's hotkey for "activate item". The item he is activating is just a plain old armory. :P
    Decals looks great. But man I hope Hugh does not get in trouble.

Why would he? We are actually excited about these developments.
  • Rellik_ptRellik_pt Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181205Members
    where is the video?
  • ChizzlerChizzler Join Date: 2013-01-04 Member: 177532Members
  • Rellik_ptRellik_pt Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181205Members
    edited February 2013
    thanks i try to find it in youtube with "ns2" "natural selection 2" and didnt find it. the babblers jumping looks funny at minute 2:43
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I saw babblers!

But yea, definitely looking forward to biodome, and descent, and all kinds of other new stuff they may have in store for us after that. I really really really hope UWE's business model pays off, allowing them to continue development on this game for many years to come, they deserve it and the game has huge potential.
  • current1yoldcurrent1yold Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158911Members
    I can't wait to see where this map goes. It had some very unique architecture going on.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    decals - I see decals in the video!
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    Looks a bit res-heavy for the marine team (assuming reception is a set marine spawn). They are sitting on a natural 5 res without even taking a second chair. That and the very restricted access to the marine base make this likely to be an extremely marine sided map. It also looks fairly easy to set up arcs in a defensible spot on any possible hive location. Hopefully the biosphere platform tech point is far enough away from stir tanks, otherwise arcs will be a serious problem for this map.

• NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Blood decals too it seems. I thought UWE didn't want to go full horror. :)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Neoken wrote: »

They aren't all that bad, just a splotch of green blood here and a splat of red blood there ;)
  • current1yoldcurrent1yold Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158911Members

Its actually rather minor when you play it on a real map. Both the bullet holes and blood simply add a bit of character to the battle scene. It looks rather awesome actually.
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Biodome makes me nerdgasm
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    current1y wrote: »

Its actually rather minor when you play it on a real map. Both the bullet holes and blood simply add a bit of character to the battle scene. It looks rather awesome actually.

I'm not complaining. :) From what I've seen, it's a very nice addition indeed.
  • yuckfooyuckfoo Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168216Members
    please add a statue of pauly shore somewhere in this map. preferably in hydroponics
  • ChrisAUSChrisAUS Join Date: 2012-11-17 Member: 172108Members
    All the tech points look very very compact. Look at reception:

Chair
    2 IP
    2 Arms Labs?
    1 Extractor
    1 Observatory
    1 Phase Gate
    1 Armoury

And everything is basically on top of each-other. Gorges are going to be salivating! :P

Obviously I'm probably wrong since I've never played it. :)
    Any new map is going to be awesome though and I'm excited for the new updates coming.
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    edited February 2013
    ChrisAUS wrote: »
    All the tech points look very very compact. Look at reception:

Chair
    2 IP
    2 Arms Labs?
    1 Extractor
    1 Observatory
    1 Phase Gate
    1 Armoury

And everything is basically on top of each-other. Gorges are going to be salivating! :P

Obviously I'm probably wrong since I've never played it. :)
    Any new map is going to be awesome though and I'm excited for the new updates coming.

If they could get to it anyway. Those long angled hallways and no back access make ninja gorging practically impossible. That and a single Obs by the power node covers the entire approach and most of junction tree tube and lab 1. Its sort of like viel, but with even tighter access that's covered entirely by the obs and the power node isn't accessible from either door.
  • Sharp-ShooterSharp-Shooter Join Date: 2011-05-11 Member: 98364Members
    is it me, or does the res nodes look different, is it art change for biodome, higher res? I don't know