UWE - Sell me STUFF!!! Models, Weapons...

EpicEpic Join Date: 2005-03-12 Member: 45018Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited February 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
I couldn't find anything on this topic...

My story is: I missed out on the black armor by not following the forums enough(even though I've been playing since NS1 in 2003/4)... Now I've got NOTHING special, not that I need to feel special. But I paid my original $40 pre-order in support of UWE and now I am happy to continue that financial support if given the opportunity. Sooo... Is there ever going to be a store like in TF2 to make us feel special?

And what would everyone like to see if a store is in our future?

I'd like to see(to start): More Helmet and armor options, New weapon models(but not functions, think colors, scopes, stickers, grips), and angry and happy skulk and george models(yeah... exactly!!!)

I'm sure these additions would be few and basic to start with all the other updating UWE is doing but at $.99 per item this could be a good investment with good returns for UWE and give players cool additions to their gameplay.

What say you?

Comments

• thefonzthefonz Join Date: 2011-06-22 Member: 105847Members
    Inb4 "no"

No. ;P.

I don't think that UWE has the time nor the desire to bastardize NS2. Besides, much of what you request is freely availible from the workshop. If UWE was to make some well fitting visual changes that they wanted to sell, that would be interesting. But if TF2 style nonsense is what you desire, I doubt UWE will provide it, mann.
  • EpicEpic Join Date: 2005-03-12 Member: 45018Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I certainly wouldn't suggest Halloween Hats and such... But the Black armor is a REALLY cool addition, as is the Visor in the Special Addition. I would love to see things that don't impact gameplay, but look cool and put money in UWE's pocket... And NO LOVE for a green bellied georie??? Come on...
  • SixtyWattManSixtyWattMan Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31404Members
    edited February 2013
    *snip* be nicer please... -Kouji San
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I understand the urge to throw money at UWE, since they produced such an awesome game and are overall such a commited developer. But I just don't think the way you propose to do this is the proper way; for once, as has been mentioned, you can get all this stuff and then some for free at the workshop. Plus microtransations are EVIL and need to be rendered extinct!

If you want to support UWE imo the best way is to spread the word, be positive and helpfull on the forums (and with that I also mean "those" forums over at the steam store). Just show ppl how passionate you are about the game, how unique and rewarding it can be.
    Give away copies to anyone remotely interested! You can spend all the money you ever wished for for gift copies and donate them to ppl in need in the generosity thread!

Or you could remain... a hatwhore.

}:-)
  • awwwsnapawwwsnap Join Date: 2012-09-20 Member: 160066Members
    I'm honestly surprised UWE hasn't adopted the micro-transaction business model like so many other indie companies... would be kinda nice to have a different pistol or something lol.

It worked for S2 Games' Heroes of Newerth.
  • buhehebuhehe Join Date: 2012-05-15 Member: 152140Members
    I'm getting kinda sick of ALL modern games turning into some kind of fashion contests.

It is actually refreshing to play a game just for the sake of it, without worrying about getting DLCs, farming upgrades / money / experience, hats which have become so popular along with the F2P business model.
    Or, even worse, paying "premium memberships" in full retail priced games to unlock all the stuff the many players have sweated to get (yes, i'm talking about BF3).

• WhiteWeaselWhiteWeasel Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173197Members
    edited February 2013
    buhehe wrote: »
    I'm getting kinda sick of ALL modern games turning into some kind of fashion contests.

It is actually refreshing to play a game just for the sake of it, without worrying about getting DLCs, farming upgrades / money / experience, hats which have become so popular along with the F2P business model.
    Or, even worse, paying "premium memberships" in full retail priced games to unlock all the stuff the many players have sweated to get (yes, i'm talking about BF3).

Yes.
    They ruined Dead Space 3 X(, I don't NS2 dragged into it.
  • EpicEpic Join Date: 2005-03-12 Member: 45018Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I can see this cuts both ways... To be honest, I only really play NS and TF so I don't have a lot of other experiences to gauge this one. But I guess one of the best things about NS1 was that it was uncluttered and played SOOOOOO smoothly that it put all other multiplayer games that I was interested in to shame...

Maybe I'm just hung up on missing my black armor...

But I'd trade increased FPS and Game Optimization over this any day...

Still this seems to be an interesting topic so I'm wondering if UWE has considered a game store or not?
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    Epic wrote: »
    I can see this cuts both ways... To be honest, I only really play NS and TF so I don't have a lot of other experiences to gauge this one. But I guess one of the best things about NS1 was that it was uncluttered and played SOOOOOO smoothly that it put all other multiplayer games that I was interested in to shame...

Maybe I'm just hung up on missing my black armor...

But I'd trade increased FPS and Game Optimization over this any day...

Still this seems to be an interesting topic so I'm wondering if UWE has considered a game store or not?

There's a topic on it right now:

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2071582#Comment_2071582

They do plan to allow customization of your marine but they're likely brainstorming right now. There is no way they plan to add stuff that affects gameplay for a price though. Only cosmetics.
  • FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    Epic wrote: »
    I certainly wouldn't suggest Halloween Hats and such... But the Black armor is a REALLY cool addition, as is the Visor in the Special Addition. I would love to see things that don't impact gameplay, but look cool and put money in UWE's pocket... And NO LOVE for a green bellied georie??? Come on...
    Absolutely disagreed. Black armor is unique, it's special for those who pre ordered - they are the elites, most of the times the best players because they've played the longest and had the time to learn. Everytime I see a black armored marine, I know I can depend of that elite marine.

• Jones108Jones108 Join Date: 2012-12-10 Member: 174670Members
    Hats for aliens would be cool.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
  • w3st420w3st420 Join Date: 2010-07-21 Member: 72615Members
    Why pay money when you can download all the mods you want? You missed out on black armor, that sucks. Just download a black armor mod form the workshop and then I guess you will "feel special."