My USB devices randomly switch off

MaLuSMaLuS Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182769Members
edited February 2013 in Technical Support
while in game my usb devices randomly switch on and off then sometimes it switches off completely leaving me with the only option to restart via the front button of the computer, since i have had this problem on NS2 only since build 238 i can only assume that something has been broken since the update. i have also reinstalled windows, clean install of the game and all drivers clean install from each respective hardware website, attached is my dxdiag:

if this can be fixed in a timely fashion it wiuld be much appriciated.

MaLuS

Comments

• CommunistWithAGunCommunistWithAGun Local Propaganda Guy Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15953Members
    sounds like a bad power supply, or issues with the motherboard
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Moved to tech support.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    NS2 isn't necessarily at fault, but it may have exposed an underlying problem with your computer that other programs have missed (i.e. my OC passed a double p95 test, but failed after 10 min of playing NS2).

I'd suggest trying these steps to see if that fixes your problem:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/147369-usb-selective-suspend-turn-off.html
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4970112_fix-port-turns-off-repeatedly.html
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Reinstall all of your USB drivers.
  • MaLuSMaLuS Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182769Members
    edited February 2013
    ScardyBob wrote: »
    NS2 isn't necessarily at fault, but it may have exposed an underlying problem with your computer that other programs have missed (i.e. my OC passed a double p95 test, but failed after 10 min of playing NS2).

I'd suggest trying these steps to see if that fixes your problem:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/147369-usb-selective-suspend-turn-off.html
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4970112_fix-port-turns-off-repeatedly.html
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    Reinstall all of your USB drivers.

that will not solve it as i have reinstalled windows and the problem persists, my power supply is fine according to tests and i have selective suspend disabled already but iwill try out what is stated on the second link. I have have discounted other software as i have a clean OS installed.

There are also times when the game sinply crashes without apparent reason as i know a few people have experienced this, I also know that othershave had the issue of usb devices switching off in game although it seems rare.

Thank you for your input, i'll get back with how i get on fixing this irratating issue

Edit: I have tried all above fixs with no real result expect that now its not all devices and its only my mouse that keeps going on n off randomly
  • Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    it doesnt happen with any other games?

What antivirus program do you have?
  • MaLuSMaLuS Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182769Members
    I found the issue, it wasnt the game. I took the moue apart again and to smaller bits lol on doing this i found a tiny bit for wear n the cable of the mouse where it meets the mouse itself (not the connection but where the cable meets the case) so i bought a new mouse coz basically i couldn't be bothered to cut, reattach and solder all the cables. now my good trusty G9 has gone into retirement after 6 yrs of fragging and now i have a G700 which is fantastic!

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions. Thanks to NS2 that helped me find that my mouse needed replacing!

peace all and hope to see ya on the hunting grounds some time ;)