Hall of the Fallen

measlesmeasles Join Date: 2007-02-26 Member: 60122Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">Ideas slain, lost or loathed(?)</div>

Parousing the forums I would wager that very few people are 100% satisfied with Natural Selection 2. Great!
Now that Official Release has been executed any change to the game will be a crucial one. No more voting it in. It must be logical and balanced and improve (playability of) the game, drastically.
Some real risks;
So, it's important to that we document all the 'NERFING' and recalls of technology and abilities.

1. Whip Upgrades - Frenzy and (I forget)

2. Grenade LMG add-on

Comments

• Brad_RBrad_R pandas | brad Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8273Members, Constellation
    This is everything I didn't think I wanted in a post.
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    Fade Stab

Swam upgrade

Armour upgrades for Aliens

Gorge creating infestation with healspray

Drifters required for building

Commander manually spreading infestation

Drifter flare

Gorge building mini-cysts

Feint and hypermutation

Lerk Spike shotgun

Lerk spike sniper

Ranged spores

Crag umbra ability

Adrenaline giving recharge rate instead of max energy

Sentry ammo refill

Powerpacks for marine buildings

Pistol second fire

Rifle butt stun

Off the top of my head.
  • slayer20slayer20 Killed a man once. Join Date: 2007-12-13 Member: 63157Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I really liked the Crag Umbra ability, as well as Gorge being able to place mini-cysts.
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    Ahhhhh the love of swarm upgrade! Great for lerks.

Wasn't the Adren change the other way around?
    edited January 2013
    Yes, in the past it gave recharge instead of giving increased energy capacity as it does now.
  • [TGL]Thunderhorse[TGL]Thunderhorse Join Date: 2012-03-04 Member: 148134Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    dont forget lerk bile bomb
  • mushookeesmushookees Join Date: 2008-03-26 Member: 63967Members
    shade active cloak ability (god that was horrible)
    Lerk spikes were originally projectiles with all the associated behaviors then changed to hitscan, but had low range and bad accuracy.
  • measlesmeasles Join Date: 2007-02-26 Member: 60122Members, Constellation
    <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->[/color]<!--quoteo(post=2055523:date=Jan 4 2013, 07:00 AM:name=Scatter)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scatter @ Jan 4 2013, 07:00 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2055523"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Off the top of my head.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Thanks so much!
    Fade Stab ~

[color="#FF0000"]Swarm and frenzy as whip upgrade.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Ridiculous that it was pulled entirely and not allocated to higher tech tree.

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Armour upgrades for Aliens<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> I'm into concept, so I am not aware of any defence/regenerative capacity increases to lifeforms simply from aditional hives.

<!--coloro:#00FF00--><span style="color:#00FF00"><!--/coloro-->Gorge creating infestation with healspray<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Gorgie is a really complex being/entity.

<!--coloro:#FFA500--><span style="color:#FFA500"><!--/coloro-->Drifters required for building

Commander manually spreading infestation

Drifter flare
    <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Players not comming should have a closer relationship to Drifter & MACs. It would stop alot BMing about NS.

Gorge building mini-cysts

Feint and hypermutation

<!--coloro:#00FF40--><span style="color:#00FF40"><!--/coloro-->Lerk Spike shotgun<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> I missed that build entirely Why not just bite. I wish there were a way to concentrate poison..

Lerk spike sniper

Ranged spores

<!--coloro:#00FF00--><span style="color:#00FF00"><!--/coloro-->Crag umbra ability<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Instead an increased "heal mist" trigger is available.
    <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Adrenaline giving recharge rate instead of max energy<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> This I don't like. If the idea is to stay alive then increased recharge is the way to go IMO.
    <!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Sentry ammo refill

Powerpacks for marine buildings<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> I quite like the sentry and build procedures. Sentry guns have ruined so many games in past builds and the current method puts them on the shelf, where they are wanted.

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Pistol second fire

Rifle butt stun <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Why??!
    I think the rifle-butt is very wrong. The position of force/collision doesn't seem right to me. But, what I was really hoping for was a stun upgrade for the rifle butt. Something like a tazer.

I mean after all, they did take our GL clips away!!!
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
  • CorpseyCorpsey Join Date: 2011-07-02 Member: 107538Members
  • alsteralster Join Date: 2003-08-06 Member: 19124Members
    edited January 2013
    Flashlight lens flare

Armory did not repair armor

Flamethrower fire blindness

Faster backwards marine movement
  • ArgoshArgosh Join Date: 2011-01-21 Member: 78474Members, Reinforced - Shadow