Are they adding anymore guns to marines ?

2»

Comments

• GorgenapperGorgenapper Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157916Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2037918:date=Nov 30 2012, 11:34 AM:name=Davil)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Davil @ Nov 30 2012, 11:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2037918"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Granted several lmgs will kill it as fast as an FT however, it's 500 damage over 5 seconds and again that damage is halved vs the armor. This is actually less than the shotgun which can do 850 damage in 5 seconds. What really works best is an FT burning the onos while someone hits it with the lmg or shotgun. Then it can't charge away and you can kill it pretty rapidly.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Assault Rifles are still best (next to miniguns) vs Onos. You can shoot them from across the room, and you are MUCH more likely to get your full damage potential out of one magazine than you will on 8 shotgun shells up close to an onos (he'll just gore you). You also reload an AR magazine much faster than you do with 4 shotgun shells, let alone a full magazine of 8 shells.

But yes, an onos who is set on fire often doesn't realize it until he tries to run and finds out that he has no energy left. Also, an onos with severely depleted energy regen won't be able to stomp or gore for very long, thus causing less carnage overall.
  • RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If anyone remembers the flamethrower in AvP2, it would create a distorting fire effect around the edges of the screen and make perceptional awareness more difficult if you got hit. I think something like that and a more frontal cone rather than a straight line would be better.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=2038141:date=Dec 1 2012, 12:24 AM:name=RaZDaZ)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RaZDaZ @ Dec 1 2012, 12:24 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038141"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If anyone remembers the flamethrower in AvP2, it would create a distorting fire effect around the edges of the screen and make perceptional awareness more difficult if you got hit. I think something like that and a more frontal cone rather than a straight line would be better.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The direction blood was doing that as well (bug), it was most definitely annoying just like all the other vision obscuring stuff :/
  • xxswatelitexxxxswatelitexx Join Date: 2012-11-16 Member: 171754Members
    Marines need a giant flaming katana to replace the axe.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Once a marine dies, another marine should be able to pick up his pistol for akimbo pistols. The side effect of blocking your teammates into rooms full of hydras in order to gain access to said pistol is an unfortunate but acceptable side-effect.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2038532:date=Dec 1 2012, 02:33 PM:name=xxswatelitexx)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xxswatelitexx @ Dec 1 2012, 02:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038532"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Marines need a giant flaming katana to replace the axe.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    ooh. Give marines swords. Then make sword fights with fades very skill based.
  • RanemanRaneman Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69962Members
    New weapons, units, and structures will be added for years to come. Even once UWE drops support, the community will still update the game.
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    <!--coloro:#FFC0CB--><span style="color:#FFC0CB"><!--/coloro-->All the weapons in NS2 are meant to be "sidegrades" rather than upgrades. That is why the HMG is locked to the exosuit. As for fades, if you can't manage to kill them with a shotgun then fear not.

<i>We'll be adding a powerful new weapon soon designed specifically to combat those pesky, overpowered fades: the banana peel! Once placed on the floor in a strategic location (like mines) you can just sit and wait for that monster to return. The moment he steps on it he will slip and fall, instantly killing him.</i><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • xxswatelitexxxxswatelitexx Join Date: 2012-11-16 Member: 171754Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2038625:date=Dec 1 2012, 09:25 PM:name=Kallistrate)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kallistrate @ Dec 1 2012, 09:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038625"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--coloro:#FFC0CB--><span style="color:#FFC0CB"><!--/coloro-->All the weapons in NS2 are meant to be "sidegrades" rather than upgrades. That is why the HMG is locked to the exosuit. As for fades, if you can't manage to kill them with a shotgun then fear not.

<i>We'll be adding a powerful new weapon soon designed specifically to combat those pesky, overpowered fades: the banana peel! Once placed on the floor in a strategic location (like mines) you can just sit and wait for that monster to return. The moment he steps on it he will slip and fall, instantly killing him.</i><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I was thinking of the ultimate weapon.
    The saddle.
    You jump on an aliens back and left click with a saddle, you can ride them!
    Weeeee

Gorgi piggy back rides
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2037526:date=Nov 29 2012, 06:10 PM:name=MaximumSquid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MaximumSquid @ Nov 29 2012, 06:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2037526"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><u><b>sacmo2:</b></u>

Bare minimum they need to make flamethrower an actual cone damage weapon still instead of a short ranged machine gun and add in a long ranged weapon for Marines

Rocket Launcher / Rail Gun / HMG / Plasma Caster / Onos Harpoon? I don't care. . . any are fine

Making grenade launcher contact grenades would go a long ways too since nobody banks them around a corner anyway<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I bank grenades around corners... but only really when shooting at structures. There's no function for the alt fire currently on the GL. The could make it the "bounce" toggle, and then balance the grenades to be fair as contact weapons rather than the one hit death machines they currently are.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    <!--quoteo(post=2037515:date=Nov 30 2012, 10:01 AM:name=Medley)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Medley @ Nov 30 2012, 10:01 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2037515"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->luckily everyone understands this game is not about a bunch of Ramboes each pulling their own deal<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

wut, is that some kind of joke
  • SaniKSaniK Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166850Members
    I think anyone who posts here agreeing with Sacmo has never played competitive or more that a 16/16 game.