Looking For "Regulars"

TheWiseguyTheWiseguy Join Date: 2012-08-13 Member: 155583Members
First, I'd like to say it's excellent to see such a great community. In-game experiences have been great, and there's very few games that I've seen with such a community. I've run across some great and extremely helpful people in-game (<i>I'm already familiar with NS, but have listened to the advice they give others in a friendly, helpful fashion... great to see</i>).

Secondly, props to the devs... it's been a great experience thus far, I like way the mechanics are evolving and visually the game looks great. Just some bad server lag recently, though that's a separate issue.

As for what I'm looking...

Both my self and my wife are looking for other avid NS2 players (<i>and generally avid PC gamers</i>) to get together with, though not looking to join a clan, nor do you have to be "hardcore". Maybe some people would like to join/get to know/game with us.

We'd actually like to get to know some people (<i>an alien concept, I know</i>), since we've grown exceedingly tired of playing with strangers over the last couple of years.

I've deleted 100+ people from my Steam friends list who I don't know and never game with. It's just pointless.

We've our own private Vent server and forums for the few people we game with (<i>it's just our own private little thing</i>), to set-up getting together ahead of time (<i>when we need/want to</i>) and to shoot the breeze about games/gaming etc. because we're avid gamers.

I'm a life-long avid gamer, and though can be competitive, and am/are excellent with tactical teamwork, I/we game for fun, and don't get uber-serious about it. I used to actually compete on ladders in Battlefield 2 and a couple of other games, but it's all for fun with me.

Men, women, couples... as long as you're mature, maybe actually want to get to know some other people. We're as respectful and friendly as it gets, but also "real" people, meaning no hang-ups about "foul language" (<i>we're not uptight in the least, just don't be rude</i>), and most importantly know how to enjoy ourselves... what gaming is really about, right?

If there's anyone else looking for avid PC gamers into NS2 (<i>as well as other titles, such as Borderlands 2, GW2, Loadout, Rise of the Triad etc... we're into a lot of things</i>) drop me a PM.

My schedule is more open than hers since I work from home, so she's generally on in the evenings/night, but I'm on throughout various times during the day as well, longer stretches during the evenings/night.

Again, to the devs... keep up the great work! IMO, NS2 is a blast and I like the directions it's taking.

To the community... it's been great to be in-game with you guys/gals. I cant say that about most games/communities.

Oh, and to whom ever "Red Commander" is, I've played in several matches with you in-game and you make an excellent commander. I cant tell if you're a very mature young boy or a female (no offense) but had a blast the few games I played with you in the comm seat.

Comments

• LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    You guys should really just put up a team. I think that's the best way to find like minded people to have a lot of fun in public servers as well as in the organized play. I'm sure there are quite lot of people looking for a mature non hardcore team.

Good luck!
  • Cee Colon SlashCee Colon Slash Join Date: 2012-05-25 Member: 152581Members
    Sounds like exactly the kind of player I enjoy playing with - feel free to add me on Steam as CeeColonSlash :)
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Had some good games on your server. I think this will be my second go to server.
  • PersianImm0rtalPersianImm0rtal Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75414Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    Great idea. I would still term it a clan/team, just more of a casual clan. I know my clan is pretty hardcore for NS2, but we also play other games together as well, like DayZ, Minecraft, Civilization 5, CS, ect.
  • TonkaTruckTonkaTruck Join Date: 2012-08-19 Member: 155893Members
    I recently bought NS2 and have been having a blast. I certainly wouldn't mind playing regularly with friends. Feel free to add me on steam
    <a href="http://steamcommunity.com/id/TonkaTruck" target="_blank">http://steamcommunity.com/id/TonkaTruck</a>
  • GenosseGenosse Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159696Members
    I like the sound of your goals. Think I sent you a PM, basically I don't have the beta but have preordered, and would love to play upon release. Feel free to add me on steam.
  • turbochopturbochop Join Date: 2012-09-25 Member: 160713Members
    I would love to join you If you'll have me. My steam ID is the same as my username. Maybe we could get good and beat ARC? lol
  • VenkazVenkaz Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166154Members
    Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for! I'm still technically in noob status but I'm getting the hang of it quickly. I'm down to join if your still looking for people - Add me on Steam, username is "Venkaz"

Thanks!
  • BrushanBrushan Join Date: 2012-12-01 Member: 173800Members
    I might've missed it in your post, but what's your timezone? I'm GMT +1 over here, but basically play all kinds of times, as i'm a student (woke up at 10 pm today :)). Oh and i've got borderlands 2, gw2, and maybe a few more of the same games as you, and i'm not really shy to try new ones would you happen to have something excellent in mind.
    If you're USE, lag and delay should'nt be that bad, USW on the other hand..

Anyway, i'm not that active on the forums, but add me on steam. I usually role under the nick of "XivioN or "shadowfriend". If there's some to chose from, look for the one with "тигр" next to his name :)
  • MewSkittyMewSkitty Join Date: 2012-12-01 Member: 173805Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    i am very interested to play in your server
    can i have the ip server please?

xxx
  • blkmageblkmage Join Date: 2012-11-13 Member: 170330Members
    I can dig it, was just thinking how I'd like to play with some people I know more often.
  • includeinclude aka RpTheHotrod Dallas, TX Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12027Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Feel free to add me on Steam. I'd love to socialize with your group.

Steam id: RpTheHotrod

I'm an oldschool NS player and I really enjoy alien commanding.