Good servers?

SnæbjørnSnæbjørn Join Date: 2012-08-06 Member: 154868Members
Anyone know where I can find a server with good players on it? I am fed up with these uncoordinated games that is lost after a few minutes but goes on just to base defend for 20min until the 5 onos mosh pit.

Comments

• CoTTonCoTTon Join Date: 2005-02-28 Member: 42773Members
    Where are you located?

I have 2 servers that are usually always full -

Vancouver / Chi

see my sig.
  • AfterhoursAfterhours Join Date: 2012-09-18 Member: 159869Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm afraid that until someone starts teaches marines that their team is based entirely on team work and coordination, you shall always come to the forums to ###### about bad players making 1-sided games. Oh the woes of a learning curve and the short time after release.
  • SnæbjørnSnæbjørn Join Date: 2012-08-06 Member: 154868Members
    Ye should have mention where I'm located. It's Europe.
  • DraconisDraconis Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13722Members, Reinforced - Onos
    edited November 2012
    My current favorites for Europe are the 3 HBZ servers and the Yo clan server. Nexzil public sometimes. See you there ;)
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    I'd like to recommend YOClan server as well. We have some plugins that if you type "!admin Someone spamming audio" in your chat, it will send a msg to our IRC channel and an admin will be right there to sort it out. :)

HBZ and Skulkrush servers are also very good.
  • SnæbjørnSnæbjørn Join Date: 2012-08-06 Member: 154868Members
    Thank you, I'll try them out in a near future :)
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Yeah, the YOClan server is fastly becoming my favorite server. HBZ servers are pretty good as well, but the player skill level can vary from time to time. Sometimes it feels like I'm playing with rookies, other times it's filled with veterans.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    You can find good players on every Server, possibility is higher on the "old" Servers like the ones from the beta Clans. But since there is no reserved slots the veterans spread out.

Best thing to do is to add some players in your friendlist, visit the public TS from the Clans or Ensl an meet up!
  • Know painKnow pain Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157674Members
    There tends not to be any "good" servers anymore, too many trolls and griefers. Most of the good servers or well kept ones will have admins on or can be reached easily. You may find 2-3 good servers until just that one person or clan that wants to stack joins.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2036602:date=Nov 28 2012, 07:10 PM:name=Know pain)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Know pain @ Nov 28 2012, 07:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2036602"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There tends not to be any "good" servers anymore, too many trolls and griefers. Most of the good servers or well kept ones will have admins on or can be reached easily. You may find 2-3 good servers until just that one person or clan that wants to stack joins.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Funny fact: you complained today about stacked teams, but what you didn't know is that only 2 of our clan had the tag on, the other 4 were fake nicking, and half was alien half marines.
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    I pretty much just avoid any of the UWE official servers (because they're pretty much completely unmoderated) and have a preference for server names I recognize from NS1. Old-F, voogrus, Bad clan, One clan. Lunixmonster is back up and it's a little bit awesome!

Had some spectacular games last night with Cotton on TBG servers, I'll be playing there more regularly now.

I don't know what servers were big in the EU scene, so I can't help you there.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited November 2012
    And I thought some of the pub teams in the beta were bad.

Seeing the quality of players after release has surely put things into perspective.

Then again, I have had occasional decent games. They are few and far between though.

I miss the beta games, even the ones I was getting pæwnæd in.