MACs / Drifters getting stuck on friendly stuctures long overdue?

MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
edited November 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
Can we have it so instead of going around objects they try to fly over them?

It's really annoying having a group of MACs get stuck in Server room on Tram because you built something on the stairs <i>(especially if you need to weld power)</i>

Drifters getting instantly stuck on Crags at hives wedged in corners is also super common

Just have the AI attempt a sharp upward angle of movement if they get stuck on their patrol line while wobbling left and right to see if it can slide over the object or something

Maybe it's not that simple, but it's a very old problem

Comments

• ShrimmShrimm Join Date: 2012-10-05 Member: 161652Members
    While I do agree, I don't think this will happen any time soon if ever. It would require massive amounts of redesign in the pathing code. Seeing as this isn't nearly as important as pretty much every other thing that needs to be done or added I don't see it happening for a while.

With that said, if they did rewrite the pathing to be more dynamic it would open up the possibility to move drifters/macs through vents. Which would be awesome.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
  • TontowTontow Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171161Members
    Do we even have access to mod the pathing AI?
  • DumbMarineDumbMarine Join Date: 2003-02-16 Member: 13645Members
    Make them go through open doors too please.
  • Brad_RBrad_R pandas | brad Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8273Members, Constellation
    I'm just happy that people are starting to use Drifters...
  • OlljOllj our themepark-stalking nightmare Fade Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10696Members
    edited November 2012
    If you think Whips and MACs getting stuck at structures are bad, enjoy ARCs getting stuck at OPEN DOORS: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVi6q-peSD8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVi6q-peSD8</a>

And dont even get me started about hallucinations getting stuck on spawn or at random places with no door or structure nearby.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Did they fix the drifters made in generator on docking appearing in landing pad? That was a læwlzy bug. I haven't tried recently; I'm playing mostly marines lately.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Drifters getting blocked by your structures is intentional just fyi
  • pRiNcEkAhUnApRiNcEkAhUnA Join Date: 2012-03-06 Member: 148264Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2034552:date=Nov 25 2012, 03:55 PM:name=ironhorse)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ironhorse @ Nov 25 2012, 03:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2034552"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Drifters getting blocked by your structures is intentional just fyi<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Then why do they fly around if they cannot fly over structures?