Egg teleport

Soli Deo GloriaSoli Deo Gloria Join Date: 2009-06-25 Member: 67926Members
<div class="IPBDescription">One in a million bug</div>I was playing on Docking, and I had just spawned in locker rooms. I proceeded into the connecting vent to onos bar. Suddenly, I realized I hadn't grabbed my upgrades. So I picked the ones I wanted and clicked evolve when POOF. My egg teleported outside the map on top of the vent. I was going to see if I could use this accidental mishap to besiege the marine base from outside the map, but got lost in the void and found my way into the kill trigger below landing pad. I tried reproducing this bug on a LAN server to no avail. Still, even if this occurrence is 1/1,000,000 I find this reasonable grounds for the removal of egg teleport (personally, even when it works properly it is still ridiculously frustrating.) I Imagine there would be no sure fire way of fixing this issue otherwise, since spark maps don't have to be "sealed" like their bsp counterparts. So, I imagine it being nearly impossible to distinguish with 100% certainty that you are NOT teleporting outside the playing area. Although, this does make it scary that perhaps shift eggs could suffer a similar fate. If either of these ever happened in a serious competitive game, it would be <strike>awesome</strike> game breaking.

Comments

• HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    In the beta, you couldn't evolve if the place wasn't appropriate or there was not enough space, and it was changed because it was a bit annoying to have to move to find enough free space sometimes.
  • Soli Deo GloriaSoli Deo Gloria Join Date: 2009-06-25 Member: 67926Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2027653:date=Nov 18 2012, 12:54 AM:name=HeatSurge)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HeatSurge @ Nov 18 2012, 12:54 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2027653"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In the beta, you couldn't evolve if the place wasn't appropriate or there was not enough space, and it was changed because it was a bit annoying to have to move to find enough free space sometimes.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Better to be annoyed that have the game completely ruined by mere chance though. Also, I've been playing since the original engine test. :p
  • Know painKnow pain Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157674Members
    Hmm instead of egging in a hiding spot the game throws you to the middle of the ###### hallway! This happened in beta and was removed, why they brought it back I have no idea.

+1 marines