Tips for the newbs!?

truekrusetruekruse Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168714Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Servers?!</div>Hi guys I was just wondering you guys had any tips for the newbies for server hosting in terms of mods, mods, scripts, configs, players, bots or whatever. Personally I want to make my server unique but yet still standard as well as performing smooth while popular which I am having troubles getting players consistently in mine.

Comments

• WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Unfortunately, the moment you start running mods (which is probably the only way to make your server "stand out" other than performing well), your server will be put under the "modded" list, of which the game client will filter out ("Filter Modded" option is default ON) by default.

Therefore as of now, the best tip I can give you is to ensure your server performs well even at its maximum players and later into the game.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    There is not a lot of options for custom setups atm. The only one I'd say is very good to be running is ns2stats (see ns2stats.org).