Bug?

KurosKuros Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166336Members
I was playing as Marine commander on Mineshaft, our main base was at Operations (command chair up and two IPs), and for the 2nd time we lost our command station in Repair, and all of a sudden we just lost the game? Are you really supposed to lose if you still have the main command chair (I was in it) and two IPs left or is this a bug?

Comments

• tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    sounds like a bug...

unless maybe you lose if you have no extractor and not enough money to buy one? (guess)
    update: i experienced the same bug about 3 times this afternoon, maybe something in latest build??

each time the round abruptly ended in alien win (i was alien), less than 10 minutes had elapsed in the round and the marines definitely had a command station up. in one round they even had 2 command stations...

the only out-of-normal thing i could recall is that the server went from full 16 slot and quickly dropped down to only 9-10 players. but whether that has anything to do with the unusual win, i don't know.
  • sad. Clownsad. Clown Join Date: 2012-02-25 Member: 147407Members
    If most of your team quits, or goes back to the ready room, the round will automatically end resulting in the other team winning. It was done to help end games quicker if your team feels that their are going to lose. It's sort of an auto-surrender option put in the game. Server owners can disable this feature, btw.
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2008548:date=Nov 3 2012, 08:51 PM:name=sad. Clown)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sad. Clown @ Nov 3 2012, 08:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2008548"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If most of your team quits, or goes back to the ready room, the round will automatically end resulting in the other team winning. It was done to help end games quicker if your team feels that their are going to lose. It's sort of an auto-surrender option put in the game. Server owners can disable this feature, btw.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i wish it was more clear, informing of the win parameters etc. but that's actually a good feature - i'm bored to death of the 30 minute alien siege versus 10 x 'one-base hero' marines with grenade launchers.

in future, i'll kindly ask them to join the lobby if they've had enough :D
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=2008014:date=Nov 3 2012, 12:06 PM:name=Kuros)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kuros @ Nov 3 2012, 12:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2008014"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I was playing as Marine commander on Mineshaft, our main base was at Operations (command chair up and two IPs), and for the 2nd time we lost our command station in Repair, and all of a sudden we just lost the game? Are you really supposed to lose if you still have the main command chair (I was in it) and two IPs left or is this a bug?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Game should only end for marines, if the following conditions are met:

<ul><li>All players have died (including marine commander) and there are no more IPs to spawn or the power is down so all IPs are unable to spawn marines</li><li>The final command station is destroyed and there are no other ghost command chairs out on the map.</li><li>All the players on either team go to the Readyroom</li></ul>

So yeah this is indeed a bug, any idea on what caused it?
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2008806:date=Nov 4 2012, 12:18 AM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Nov 4 2012, 12:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2008806"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Game should only end for marines, if the following conditions are met:

<ul><li>All players have died (including marine commander) and there are no more IPs to spawn or the power is down so all IPs are unable to spawn marines</li><li>The final command station is destroyed and there are no other ghost command chairs out on the map.</li><li>All the players on either team go to the Readyroom</li></ul>

So yeah this is indeed a bug, any idea on what caused it?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

read the above posts :D

specifically #4
  • bHackbHack Join Date: 2010-03-23 Member: 71059Members
    Power node went down, where the last CC was?
    That counts as a loss as well.
    <!--quoteo(post=2009158:date=Nov 4 2012, 04:31 AM:name=bHack)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bHack @ Nov 4 2012, 04:31 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2009158"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Power node went down, where the last CC was?
    That counts as a loss as well.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i'm pretty sure it doesn't... unless all marines are dead (unpowered infantry portals).

anyway, post #4 is the likely explanation.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=2009601:date=Nov 4 2012, 02:28 PM:name=tarquinbb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tarquinbb @ Nov 4 2012, 02:28 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2009601"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i'm pretty sure it doesn't... unless all marines are dead (unpowered infantry portals).

anyway, post #4 is the likely explanation.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well it could indeed be the explanation, I was just making sure there isn't something else going on here :)