Help editing ServerAdmin.json \\ unaviable to give away admins.

JimmyJazzJimmyJazz Join Date: 2012-10-08 Member: 161833Members
We know we have to give away those admin powers through steam ID. We're using the server wiki from the official NS2 wiki.

Still, everytime we set an steam id to be part of that "admin group", we test it through the command of the desired admin "sv_say hi". Still it sais either "this steam id doesn't have permission to use those commands"... or else.

Help will be appreciated.

Comments

• WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    PM me the Steam ID and your conversion and I'll help you verify.
  • JimmyJazzJimmyJazz Join Date: 2012-10-08 Member: 161833Members
    edited November 2012
    ok give me a sec

Edit: Ok I was trying to pm you again with the conversion ( multiplied by 2 (+1 if the steam id is as STEAM_0:1:xxxxx). But it wont let me send another pm.

Still could you make an example of how do you have the Serveradmin.sjon set?. With all it's commands...etc?. Thank you in advance.
  • WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    My format is exactly as shown in this page bro :)

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/index.php/Dedicated_Server#ServerAdmin.json" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/inde...erverAdmin.json</a>

Sorry the PM system is wonky it won't let me send you another PM until a time which has already passed :S
    edited November 2012
    It's all right. We can use this post.

Ok we had it like that. Just like the wiki showed:

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><i>{
    "groups":
    {
    "admin_group": { "type": "allowed", "commands": [ "sv_changemap", "sv_reset", "sv_say" ] },
    "mod_group": { "type": "disallowed", "commands": [ "sv_ban", "sv_reset" ] },
    "clan_group": { "type": "allowed", "commands": [ "sv_kick", "sv_say" ] }
    }

"users":
    {
    "Sr. Lance": { "id": 1838634, "groups": [ "admin_group" ] },
    "Murphy": { "id": 11641641, "groups": [ "mod_group" ] },
    "SabaHell": { "id": 3403402, "groups": [ "clan_group" ] }
    }
    }</i><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

But still. The server wont recognize each of the steam id's we set. The conversion is well done.
    The server name is changed, it does recognized and follow our map cycle, so the server it's loading each of the files.
    edited November 2012
    Ok. Problem is the .sjon didn't have S.O Admin permissions. So it wouldn't load. Still, because it doesn't show any error in console, well.

Thanks anyways
    Glad it worked out! Thanks!