server side lag

CaptnRussiaCaptnRussia Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164462Members
So I'm positive that its not my cpu because the more games I play the worse it gets so I was wondering what might be wrong with my computer. The longer I play the laggier it gets and not because their is more things on the field but it seems as though my connection gets worse even thouhg ping stays at 90-120 which is usually manageable. So any advice on what might be wrong?

Comments

• Silent262Silent262 Join Date: 2012-09-21 Member: 160267Members
    It could be the tick rate of the server tanking. This happens, especially towards late game, when the server cannot handle the load from players/entities/etc. Waiting on optimization OR having smaller servers is the typical fix.

This of course assumes you are talking about rubberbanding.
  • CaptnRussiaCaptnRussia Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164462Members
    edited November 2012
    Nah just general lag no real rubberbanding happening and like I said not my gpu/cpu . Oh and server was a 16. You are probably right in the optimization department so it probably will get better anyways! Can't wait for the undoubted updates and optimization.
  • WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Do you get this issue consistently across various servers (run by different providers)?

If so then you would have to post in the Technical Support department.

You can check if it's the server side lag by entering net_stats 1 in your console and monitoring Server Rate. If it constantly drops below 25-20 then the server you are on is taking a hit on performance.