How to unbind mousewheel?

dexdex Join Date: 2003-12-15 Member: 24419Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">For those people with high dpi mice</div>Hello there, I have a Logitech MX500 mouse (which is great). The one downside I have is the mouse-wheel. It is super sensitive. So for games like League of Legends, normal actions would result in zooming in and out. For NS2, that means in combat, I will sometimes randomly switch weapons or abilities. Is there a way to unbind the mouse-wheel?

Thanks

Comments

• worxeworxe Join Date: 2009-10-06 Member: 68963Members
    edited October 2012
    Same here, its freaking annoying :(

- Had a look for a way to get around it, I have a Logitech G500 and have the same issue with not being able to disable the mwheel.
    - Only function i can see that might be related in console is 'Scroll' ie: bind Scroll, tried bind Scroll "" hoping itd be like 'ole HL/source but no avail :( (unbind isnt a command either)
    - Tried digging through registry but there doesn't appear to be any existing keys for this
    - When a map loads console prints that it is loading a config://ConsoleBindings.json but I have no idea where this file is/assuming its packed in one of the other files or just inaccessable?
    - It seems that disabling mousewheel on alot of applications that dont have built in options to do so is pretty difficult even with drivers like Setpoint which don't even have an option for this..
  • WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Don't forget the community Wiki - it has a wealth of information there.

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/index.php/Console_Commands" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/inde...onsole_Commands</a>

The command you're looking for is clear_binding.

You can see what your current bindings are by using print_bindings.
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    bind, print_bindings and clear_binding are commands for separate custom binds, which are then saved to ConsoleBindings.json. These are not part of the standard bindings from the options menu and cannot unbind those.

You can try opening ...\Steam\userdata\<number>\4920\remote\options.xml and deleting the line "<NextWeapon>MouseZ</NextWeapon>".

The input system is waiting for a major overhaul past 1.0 since it's kinda hacked in right now, so hopefully it will work much better/easier in the future.