No pain sound while being hurt/attacked as Marine?

IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
I hope this is just missing content that will be implemented before the game launches. As it is currently whenever you go around as a Marine you never get any audible feedback when you're being hurt, which is especially noticeable when a silenced alien is killing you. Which makes silence a bit op.

Also for the sake of controversy, the screen shift indicating where you were being attacked from in ns1 was a really neat effect I'd like to see added into ns2.

Comments

• ToumalToumal Join Date: 2010-05-02 Member: 71591Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1982450:date=Sep 24 2012, 05:40 PM:name=IeptBarakat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IeptBarakat @ Sep 24 2012, 05:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1982450"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I hope this is just missing content that will be implemented before the game launches. As it is currently whenever you go around as a Marine you never get any audible feedback when you're being hurt, which is especially noticeable when a silenced alien is killing you. Which makes silence a bit op.

Also for the sake of controversy, the screen shift indicating where you were being attacked from in ns1 was a really neat effect I'd like to see added into ns2.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks for pointing the finger at something that put me off for quite some time, but I couldn't name it for some reason. Yes, 100 times this. I like the muffled sounds when one is low on health, that's awesome, but the act of being hurt is woefully quiet as a marine.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    This is true of aliens aswell. Every build lately seems to be breaking the sound.
  • KurrineKurrine Join Date: 2010-07-03 Member: 72235Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1982469:date=Sep 24 2012, 10:22 AM:name=Toumal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Toumal @ Sep 24 2012, 10:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1982469"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thanks for pointing the finger at something that put me off for quite some time, but I couldn't name it for some reason. Yes, 100 times this. I like the muffled sounds when one is low on health, that's awesome, but the act of being hurt is woefully quiet as a marine.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--coloro:#aadd00--><span style="color:#aadd00"><!--/coloro-->Oh I hate that muffling and red filter near death. Why is the game making it just a bit harder to stay alive than it already is at low health? I'd like a bit of auditory feedback on top of the visual when I'm hit though sure.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • BitcrusherBitcrusher Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156628Members
    edited September 2012
    As a skulk if you get shot really fast with a pistol, only one shot is registered before you die.. It says it was fixed in 118 but I still only register 1 shot.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @OP: +1 I agree, there should be a hurt-sound.

@Kurrine: It's in to weaken a heavily wounded marine. Without it, a marine with 10hp would be as good in a fight as one with 100, because of the range-advantage. Sure sure, you go easier down with 10hp, but that doesn't factor in the need to get near for a melee-class, while your opponent is ranged. I think it is a good way to flatten out the gap between very good and not so good players, if you can at least mange to damage your opponent.
  • DeadzoneDeadzone Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17911Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1982796:date=Sep 25 2012, 05:41 AM:name=_Necro_)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (_Necro_ @ Sep 25 2012, 05:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1982796"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->@OP: +1 I agree, there should be a hurt-sound.

@Kurrine: It's in to weaken a heavily wounded marine. Without it, a marine with 10hp would be as good in a fight as one with 100, because of the range-advantage. Sure sure, you go easier down with 10hp, but that doesn't factor in the need to get near for a melee-class, while your opponent is ranged. I think it is a good way to flatten out the gap between very good and not so good players, if you can at least mange to damage your opponent.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not quite - a parasite does exactly 10 damage. Just sayin' :D