Gift Copies send to the wrong Subscription

2»

Comments

• xXSunSlayerXxxXSunSlayerXx Join Date: 2012-09-14 Member: 159287Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1977736:date=Sep 14 2012, 06:20 PM:name=Strayan (NS2HD))--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Strayan (NS2HD) @ Sep 14 2012, 06:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1977736"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I do not understand the original post, please rephrase what you believe the problem is?

The free copies are in the hands of Valve right now. We do not know if they have sent them out, but we do not believe they have. When they go out, we will make an announcement.

To clarify: If you pre-ordered on Steam, you will not receive a free copy. Free copies are being distributed to those who purchased before Sept 4. The free copies are non-Beta Standard Editions (Green armour).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    so basicly, if you look at the links the the OP posted, you can see that the STEAM preorder has a line that says "OnPurchaseGrantGuestPassPackage1 = 16697", which links to a free copy of NS2. the PRE-STEAM preorder however does not have this. so basicly, the wrong people are receiving the free gift.

...and here i am, writing my post while my dev tracker tells me that i'm being ninja'd by NS2HD. oh well, might as well post the reply anyway...
  • hamham Join Date: 2011-08-31 Member: 119370Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1977746:date=Sep 14 2012, 10:35 AM:name=xXSunSlayerXx)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xXSunSlayerXx @ Sep 14 2012, 10:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1977746"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->so basicly, if you look at the links the the OP posted, you can see that the STEAM preorder has a line that says "OnPurchaseGrantGuestPassPackage1 = 16697", which links to a free copy of NS2. the PRE-STEAM preorder however does not have this. so basicly, the wrong people are receiving the free gift.

...and here i am, writing my post while my dev tracker tells me that i'm being ninja'd by NS2HD. oh well, might as well post the reply anyway...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This is correct. There are two "versions" of NS2 on Steam, digital retail and Steam store, the Steam version has received the free copies of NS2 by mistake.
  • BruteBrute Join Date: 2009-06-10 Member: 67778Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1977746:date=Sep 14 2012, 08:35 PM:name=xXSunSlayerXx)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xXSunSlayerXx @ Sep 14 2012, 08:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1977746"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->so basicly, if you look at the links the the OP posted, you can see that the STEAM preorder has a line that says "OnPurchaseGrantGuestPassPackage1 = 16697", which links to a free copy of NS2. the PRE-STEAM preorder however does not have this. so basicly, the wrong people are receiving the free gift.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

actually I think he got it wrong.

<a href="http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/4287" target="_blank">http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/4287</a> <-- this is the beta
    <a href="http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16496" target="_blank">http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16496</a> <-- this is the steam preorder
    <a href="http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16498" target="_blank">http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16498</a> <-- this is the steam preorder (4-pack)
    <a href="http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16534" target="_blank">http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16534</a> <-- this says preorder RETAIL and is linked to the gifts

I think what is causing confusion is, that beta and retail are two seperate items. As there is no retail version that i know of, it must refer to the pre-steam preorders. I guess when we hit 1.0 the beta subscription is changed to a retail preorder subscription.

€:I thought the ordering via the website was shut down when the game arrived on steam, which is not the case. so retail probably refers to these recently bought games via the website, as SandRaker pointed out.
  • reportedreported Join Date: 2012-06-17 Member: 153349Members
    Why do certain people get to have gift copies, even if they're not supposed to?

Why do all this confusing ###### just to differentiate 2 distinct people? 4 versions, really?

Why don't I have at least one gift yet?

Seriously guys?
  • BruteBrute Join Date: 2009-06-10 Member: 67778Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1977758:date=Sep 14 2012, 08:59 PM:name=reported)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (reported @ Sep 14 2012, 08:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1977758"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why do all this confusing ###### just to differentiate 2 distinct people? 4 versions, really?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

These are not 4 versions, these are 4 subscriptions.
    A subscribtion can be something like access to ns2 client, ns2 server, black armor dlc and gift (black armor preorder)
    or access to ns2 client, ns2 server, 3 gifts and deluxe armor dlc (4pack preorder)

checking <a href="http://cdr.thebronasium.com/app/search/Search.name:Natural%20Selection" target="_blank">http://cdr.thebronasium.com/app/search/Sea...ral%20Selection</a> you see that there is in fact only one version of the game
  • zimzumzimzum Join Date: 2004-09-02 Member: 31200Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2012
    *If you have nothing useful to post...* --Comprox
  • current1yoldcurrent1yold Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158911Members
    I am really confused now. I'll double check if I got a free copy but I'm fairly sure I did and I pre ordered on the 10th and got an email from "humble bundle" confirming it on the 10th.

Any one want to trade beta access for a free copy lol!

Of all the times to finally get high speed internet I look to see if ns2 was ever released and joined the fun a month too early....arg.
  • CimCim Join Date: 2012-02-25 Member: 147403Members
    edited September 2012
    I just received my NS2 gift copy, after restarting the Steam client. Bought the game pre-steam (before Sept 4th).

So that seems to be working now.
  • SandRakerSandRaker Join Date: 2012-09-12 Member: 159111Members
    edited September 2012
    Nobody who preordered on steam claimed to have a free copy. It appears that current preorder from the WEBSITE (which is the retail preorder since subscription to the beta is now closed) gives access to the extra copy.

Basically AFAIK :

Preorder before Sept 4th from the website ---> beta access ---> no current free copy but this is the group who should get it (maybe they have received it by now)
    Preorder after Sept 4th from the website ---> retail ---> these have received a free copy (as myself) maybe a mistake.
    Preorder from Steam ---> Steam ---> no free copy.
    <!--quoteo(post=1977804:date=Sep 14 2012, 08:24 PM:name=SandRaker)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SandRaker @ Sep 14 2012, 08:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1977804"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Nobody who preordered on steam claimed to have a free copy. It appears that current preorder from the WEBSITE (which is the retail preorder since subscription to the beta is now closed) gives access to the extra copy.

Basically AFAIK :

Preorder before Sept 4th from the website ---> beta access ---> no current free copy but this is the group who should get it (maybe they have received it by now)
    Preorder after Sept 4th from the website ---> retail ---> these have received a free copy (as myself) maybe a mistake.
    Preorder from Steam ---> Steam ---> no free copy.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    now THAT makes sense. thanks for clearing up this confusing situation.

also, i now also have the free copy. looks like the "Preorder after Sept 4th from the website" guys got it a bit earlier, though.
  • MagnetoMagneto Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75856Members
    I thought only those who had beta before it appeared on the steam store were supposed to get a key?

If so it's quite a mistake and probably one they can't undo, i just hope they know what they're doing by giving all these keys away, it's very generous but they really should be selling them at this point instead, surely some sort of delay before announcing free keys would have been better?
  • DeadzoneDeadzone Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17911Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yeah, I'm a black armor player and I don't have my copy yet. Weird.

Still, as long as it gets here I guess :)
  • BVKnightBVKnight Join Date: 2012-02-26 Member: 147496Members
    I've got my free copy. I'm not a black armor player, but I bought into the beta at the beginning of this year.
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Sorry we're having some troubles here.

We tried to give free copies out to everyone that pre-ordered BEFORE Steam, but some were given out to people that ordered ON Steam. We're working with Valve to fix it. We don't have an ETA.
  • wazups2xwazups2x Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72902Members
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1977883:date=Sep 14 2012, 03:52 PM:name=Flayra)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flayra @ Sep 14 2012, 03:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1977883"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sorry we're having some troubles here.

We tried to give free copies out to everyone that pre-ordered BEFORE Steam, but some were given out to people that ordered ON Steam. We're working with Valve to fix it. We don't have an ETA.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Sounds good to me. :)
  • Marty123Marty123 Join Date: 2012-09-06 Member: 158055Members
    Whew, so many free copies. What is that like over 60,000 of them if people who purchased on Steam got it? Good lord. I hope they can still sell enough of them.
  • Lemming JesusLemming Jesus Join Date: 2010-04-13 Member: 71385Members
    I haven't seen anything yet. Preordered a few years ago. Are we being emailed a key or is it going to just poof in the Steam inventory?
    <!--quoteo(post=1978250:date=Sep 15 2012, 07:09 PM:name=Lemming Jesus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lemming Jesus @ Sep 15 2012, 07:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1978250"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I haven't seen anything yet. Preordered a few years ago. Are we being emailed a key or is it going to just poof in the Steam inventory?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    the copy will be in your steam inventory. they didn't arrive at the same time for everyone, but you should definitely get it within the next few days. also, you have to restart steam in order to receive it, so you should do that from time to time.
  • Ki11s0n3Ki11s0n3 Join Date: 2010-05-09 Member: 71682Members
    Well if Steam messed up and gave copies out that they were not suppose to chances are UWE will get compensated for it, so you shouldn't have to worry about UWE going bankrupt over it or anything (as if they would).
  • echsechs Join Date: 2002-12-27 Member: 11568Members, Constellation
    I preordered back in early 2010 through the humble bundle store which managed the transactions back then, no extra copy yet. Hopefully we'll not be forgotten. :o
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1977744:date=Sep 14 2012, 08:31 PM:name=Strayan (NS2HD))--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Strayan (NS2HD) @ Sep 14 2012, 08:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1977744"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We will investigate. Whatever has happened, pre-Sept 4 pre-orders should rest assured their free copies will come in time.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I heard all special-edition people (black armor) don't get a free copy, but everyone else with a green armor...im not sure, but i don't know anyone who has get this free copy, just people saying this in the forums.
  • RanemanRaneman Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69962Members
    I've never seen a black armor get a pre-order copy either.
  • MayjoriMayjori Join Date: 2011-02-17 Member: 82221Members
    I ordered my NS2 Special Edition from the NS2 store on 08/06/09, that means i get a free copy, right?

Just wondering cause i havent seen it yet, but am in no rush if they havent been sent out yet :).

Thanks