Please please remove auto med/ammo requests

13»

Comments

• OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    With the chnage to Ammo, ammo spam requests should be less intensive now, as if befor it was generated by having one mag left, and Ammo packs only gave one mag, then as soon as you pick one up and reload, off it fired again.
  • DuskDusk Join Date: 2011-06-24 Member: 106114Members, Constellation
    Auto med and ammo spams makes it so comms don't drop to the right people at the right time and most comms just stop dropping altogether.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    I don't get any but auto medpack requests now.
    Great.
    also when i hit space when i see it, it sends me to a corner on the map, so hard to give meds and ammo now. :/
  • Onii-chanOnii-chan Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7164Members
    Annoying that 219 still has this, please just remove it, it's annoying for both the player and the comm.
    If you MUST include it, have it only trigger when you attempt to fire an empty weapon.
  • MobyMoby Join Date: 2009-08-13 Member: 68450Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yep, with all that chatter and spam from the game, you miss entirely important facts, ala skulks eating down your main base power.
    That would be worth a message...

I would like to see also new messages: Power Node under attack. Resource Tower under attack. etc...

Now you only hear "Structure under attack", well fine, I have 8 RTs, 3 CC, some Phase Gates, etc., so this info is nice, but not specific enough.
  • greenpeegreenpee Join Date: 2012-04-10 Member: 150218Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1977174:date=Sep 13 2012, 03:40 PM:name=Moby)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Moby @ Sep 13 2012, 03:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1977174"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yep, with all that chatter and spam from the game, you miss entirely important facts, ala skulks eating down your main base power.
    That would be worth a message...

I would like to see also new messages: Power Node under attack. Resource Tower under attack. etc...

Now you only hear "Structure under attack", well fine, I have 8 RTs, 3 CC, some Phase Gates, etc., so this info is nice, but not specific enough.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yup, and wait til you get alien comm... and cysts are cut off from the chain. Good luck hearing anything else is under attack.
  • VeNeMVeNeM Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 928Members
    i found a fix for this

i just ignore it unless my team is killing a hive, and then i just drop ammo on the actively moving players or the guy in the corner firing a gl.