Translation interface

AceDudeAceDude Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 61994Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
edited August 2012 in Translation
<div class="IPBDescription">News, updates, requests, reports...</div>Hey,
finally I had some time to make some improvements to the translation app. Latest changelog below:

<div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-space:pre;overflow:auto'>bugfixes #2
----------------------------------
+ AJAX actions bug (multiple requests was sends in certain conditions)
+ Wrong strings count caused by doubled strings in master file
+ if I enter a new translation to an item, I can not delete this new translation
immediately, first I have to reload the page, then the "delete" option is available
at the translation
+ if I enter a new translation to an item the normal options "good" and "bad" are
shown, if I select now one of these options the page resets me to the entry page
"http://translate.unknownworlds.com/#". Instead it should show the option "delete"
only, since normally you are not allowed to vote for you own translations anyway.
~ Mendasp: this is a very minor thing, but have you seen that "bug" where if you
approve something you need to scroll around so you can access the buttons for the
one at the bottom Mendasp: it's like the previous div (or whatever) is still on top
[cannot re-trace this bug properly, might be already fixed]
+ Another one : If the original name already exists in the proposition and you click
"Use original text as translation", it will do nothing but add another one.
+ Also it seems odd that ' is escaped in \'growth\' while it is not in It's

features #2
----------------------------------
+ it would be nice to see the text "Already voted" on all already voted translation
in the beginning, so it is not necessary to click the translation to see the state.
+ accepted string should become green instead of scrolling up
+ statistics
+ topic/forums for each language
</div>

Please post any further requests and reports on this topic.

Comments

• MzMzMzMz Join Date: 2006-10-23 Member: 58087Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter
    - show strings that do not have any traslations
    - korean translation should be downloaded as koKR.txt, not koKO.txt
    - change password after resetting it

thanks!
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1961943:date=Aug 13 2012, 01:41 AM:name=MzMz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MzMz @ Aug 13 2012, 01:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1961943"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->- korean translation should be downloaded as koKR.txt, not koKO.txt<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Fixed.
  • AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    edited August 2012
    - Please add a way for admins to directly edit suggested strings. Some strings are almost perfect, but miss a capital or have a typo in them.
    - It's possible to have more than one "CURRENTLY USED" string. Please have it remove the first string as "current" once it has changed.

<sub><!--coloro:orange--><span style="color:orange"><!--/coloro-->Thread also stickied!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></sub>
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1962151:date=Aug 13 2012, 01:07 PM:name=Angelusz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Angelusz @ Aug 13 2012, 01:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1962151"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->- It's possible to have more than one "CURRENTLY USED" string. Please have it remove the first string as "current" once it has changed.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I don't think this is a problem, it will show properly after you reload the page.
  • AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1962152:date=Aug 13 2012, 01:18 PM:name=Mendasp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mendasp @ Aug 13 2012, 01:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1962152"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't think this is a problem, it will show properly after you reload the page.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I did try f5 (refresh). I'll try a reload next time.
  • hit321hit321 Join Date: 2007-11-17 Member: 62942Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    Hi,

Some strings that I'm translating and others that I accept, after a while, they are backin to default without none translation.
    <!--quoteo(post=1963104:date=Aug 15 2012, 01:40 AM:name=hit321)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hit321 @ Aug 15 2012, 01:40 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1963104"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi,

Some strings that I'm translating and others that I accept, after a while, they are backin to default without none translation.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That happens every time the devs make an internal build, if there's changes the strings get resetted, but for some reason they're resetting on strings that have not changed :\
  • hit321hit321 Join Date: 2007-11-17 Member: 62942Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    The string: <b>POWER_PACK_TOOLTIP ("Powers nearby sentries")</b>
    In the game, the Power Packs can powers sentries and some structuries too. And only one sentry or structure. So, they will change the gameplay of it or the string ?
    I reported that one and the Onos stomp one, so it will be fixed eventually. I also reported that the WELCOME_TO string is missing now.
    The string of Stomp Onos still the same...STOMP_TOOLTIP ("Allows Oni to smash the ground, disrupting friendly units")
  • redsimonredsimon Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158314Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The whole translation site should feature the ability to discuss every single entry.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I second that (came up in German translation Thread). At least in German we have a hard time with some entries, and it would help a lot.
  • AceDudeAceDude Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 61994Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Hey,
    I'm just dying under gazilion tons of work. And a bit too much NS2 matches per day.
    Just a quick update - thanks to Mandasp we fixed the trouble with updated/deleted strings, now everything should work just fine.
    More updates coming up next month, but I'll be fixing bugs ASAP.
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited September 2012
    One thing that is really bothering me (Yeah, I am a little perfectionist...), is that some words change from times to times. For example :

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Exosuit, Exoskeleton, heavies<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    (well, not the best example)

Sometimes words have uppercase, and sometimes they don't, while it does not seems to have any logic. It really would be better to have variables for several sentences like<i> EVT*_RESEARCHED, RESEARCH_, weapons/structures names, etc</i>..
    I heard it's something already known by the developers (it seems), but it would really really help keeping the game consistent.
    This way, for each same events we would have the same sentences each time, and not : this one there and slightly the same but still different here. It's the admins job to take care of that, but it would be much easier for everyone.
    We wouldn't have to validate all those sentences, and if at one time a name change for any reason, we wouldn't have to change ALL the strings with that word, we would do it in only ONE string and... done! :D

We can see this in the spanish translation : <i>Welder</i> is sometime accepted as <i>soldadores</i>, and one time as <i>Welder</i>

I know it has already been brought in the past but.... just saying, it's a little frustrating ^^
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited September 2012
    When a string is changed by the developers, the old translations done <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->SHOULDN'T<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> be deleted! (at least the one approved).
    It's so frustrating to see that a lot of translation disappeared when only some words changed or a typo, and could be simply adapted, just <b>disapprove</b> the string but <b>don't delete it</b> please.
    I'm getting line error 512...on the game.
    And I fixed putting a (") at end of the lines, leting a double (") on this strings:

REQUEST_ALIEN_FOLLOWME ("\"Follow me\")
    REQUEST_ALIEN_FOLLOWME = "\"Siga-me\""
    REQUEST_MARINE_COVERING ("\"Covering you\")
    REQUEST_MARINE_COVERING = "\"Estou dando cobertura\""

But the translation system need a fix it.
  • ChoumChoum Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72560Confirm Email
    Hi,

there's a problem with new translation text in all language (2 or 3 translation on the same line)
    same line twice in English gamestring
    No date to release the new languages?