What if your commander is trolling/bad?

KorruptedFijiKorruptedFiji Join Date: 2012-08-10 Member: 155341Members
Is there a way to force remove the commander from controlling, or for him or her to step down and let someone take over? I can see someone not wanting to be forced into the RTS position when playing and just half-ass there way through the match so that it ends faster which ruins it for the rest of the team. Any information would be appreciated.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    You an use the the "v" key, which is the default key to start the commander ejection voting system
  • BVKnightBVKnight Join Date: 2012-02-26 Member: 147496Members
    Does this system actually work? I'm used to votes from Counter Strike where, once a vote was initiated, it pops up on the screen of the entire team and they have to respond (which admittedly is annoying in the midst of battle.)

But in NS2, it seems like no one ever votes when someone tries to V1 someone. YOu have to get on the mic or chat and tell everyone to press V1, and even then, how many votes does it take? I wish there were more information on how this system worked.

Sometimes I even see votes to kick someone, and i Have no idea how to start those.
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Just like everything else in NS2, it heavily depends on communicating with your team. And by that I mean you can't just say "this comm is noob, eject him!". If you present a good reason to eject a commander usually he will get ejected with little delay. Giving reasons and saying something like "Well our comm isn't talking and isn't dropping any RTs or getting us upgrades, hit v-1 to eject guys" usually works.

Another point is that people usually won't eject a commander unless he's actually doing something wrong/bad, if they are using a strat or playstyle that you personally don't approve of, but are still coordinating with the team then they are still doing their job.

Aaaand a third point is that some servers just like to fool around sometimes and have troll games. In this case it's best just to find another server.

tl;dr yes the system really works, it's a democratic system though
  • BVKnightBVKnight Join Date: 2012-02-26 Member: 147496Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1973659:date=Sep 7 2012, 03:51 PM:name=rantology)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rantology @ Sep 7 2012, 03:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1973659"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->*snip*

tl;dr yes the system really works, it's a democratic system though<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Appreciate the feedback. I agree with you that most times it works. What got me wondering about it was that I had a really puzzling game a few days ago where the comm was brand new (not a problem, just chalk the game up as a lost cause and help him learn), but then he refused to listen to anything I said in chat, and barely used the mic. And the rest of my team never noticed, they just kept asking for upgrades, never mind that the guy didn't know how to drop a medpack. I tried to vote him out when I saw that he didn't listen to any advice or drop any support, but the rest of my team seemed completely oblivious to how awful the game was, and never voted.

I predict we are going to see a lot of this when the game hits release! Which is okay, just get ready for it. :P
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    edited September 2012
    We cant fix the players. - But if you have surgestions on how to improve the "system" please post em here :)
  • endarendar Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73256Members, Squad Five Blue
    Another thing, Exosuits cannot vote :(
  • RobustPenguinRobustPenguin Join Date: 2012-08-17 Member: 155719Members
    Alot of people confuse trolling and being new. Additionally some new players cant tell if a commander is trolling so dont want to vote. IE, we need to educate players on the basics of command in a much better way. Im sick of having to comm 4 games in a row because noone else 'knows how to'
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    <!--quoteo(post=1974213:date=Sep 9 2012, 02:08 AM:name=endar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (endar @ Sep 9 2012, 02:08 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1974213"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Another thing, Exosuits cannot vote :(<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Working on that.

<!--quoteo(post=1974219:date=Sep 9 2012, 02:14 AM:name=RobustPenguin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RobustPenguin @ Sep 9 2012, 02:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1974219"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Alot of people confuse trolling and being new. Additionally some new players cant tell if a commander is trolling so dont want to vote. IE, we need to educate players on the basics of command in a much better way. Im sick of having to comm 4 games in a row because noone else 'knows how to'<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Tutorials are in the horizon.
  • AdambeanAdambean Cardiff, South Wales Join Date: 2005-06-03 Member: 53038Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1960844:date=Aug 11 2012, 01:37 AM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Aug 11 2012, 01:37 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1960844"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You an use the the "v" key, which is the default key to start the commander ejection voting system<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I was wondering if NS2 had the same eject voting as NS1, thanks for the info :)

<!--quoteo(post=1974206:date=Sep 9 2012, 12:58 AM:name=GISP)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GISP @ Sep 9 2012, 12:58 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1974206"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We cant fix the players. - But if you have surgestions on how to improve the "system" please post em here :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I always did like the pop-up menu from NS1. Default bind to mouse3.
    <!--quoteo(post=1974631:date=Sep 9 2012, 10:17 PM:name=Adambean)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Adambean @ Sep 9 2012, 10:17 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1974631"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I always did like the pop-up menu from NS1. Default bind to mouse3.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Modders are swinging there hammers over the anvils to recreate NS in NS2 - So youll probaly see that again :)