The Generosity Thread

Comments

• Mrzer0Mrzer0 Join Date: 2012-09-09 Member: 158687Members
    edited September 2012
    Well its worth a try, i'd really appreciate if someone with a extra copy were willing to give one to me. Cant afford to buy a copy as i'm a student and other issues.. But yes i would really appreciate if any of you kind folks could give an extra copy. Thanks

If you want i can give you 2 firefall beta keys
  • userkuserk Join Date: 2012-09-09 Member: 158763Members
    I just saw the Natural Selection 2 annoucement on Steam, and BAM! I'm just numb. This game was AWESOME as a half-life mod and I've talked about this game thousands of times with my friends, little did I know they were making NS 2.

So, I went searching for the Natural Selection 2 forum, to read about the game and I stumble with a GENEROSITY THREAD, holy ######, this is unreal. At the moment I can't really afford a key, but if I get the opportunity to play I will do my best to contribute to this community. Moreover, If for any reason in the future I am granted with a spare key of NS2, I will come back to this thread and help someone out! Just apssing it on peeps.

Getting a key or not, thanks anyway guys, I'm just psyched that there is a Natural Selection 2.

Woot!
  • fibrocytefibrocyte Join Date: 2012-09-09 Member: 158783Members
    Hi all,

I'm hoping to get a NS2 key from some generous person who has a spare one. I've watched just about every bit of YouTube content available and am really looking forward to this game!

I'm 14 yrs-old and can't afford my own copy until probably sometime early next year as my parents have halted my allowance until my dad gets employed again.

If I get a key I'll be sure to pay it forward somehow.

Either way, I'll see you all in game sooner or later. :)

Thanks,
    Michael
  • DenairDenair Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158866Members
    Greetings and good day everyone!

With the steam announcement, I have found out about this game and become quickly enamored by it! I really enjoyed reading though the website, watching the youtube videos. I think the gifting idea is great and I have lots of respect for this community for enabling these kind of kind acts. I have helped beta test many, many MMOs and some other games, so I know that Beta is Beta and that any and all testing really helps out in getting a smooth and excellent product out to the masses to then hype on their friends. ~_^

Unfortunately I lack the proper funds to support the developers in what looks to be a fantastic game at this time.

Here is my steam profile if needed: <a href="http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197985031773/" target="_blank">http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197985031773/</a>
    Systems specs: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.66 GHz
    Ram: 7 GB
    Video card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Thank you for your time and good hunting,
    Denair
  • rAYrAYrAYrAY Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159242Members
    edited September 2012
    Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone could spare me an NS2 key, much appreciated. I've played NS1 for many years back in the days and I've been following the development of NS2 for a while now. I just graduated in June so don't have the funds yet. A few of my friends gave out NS2 keys over Facebook but I wasn't able to reply in time.

Steam Profile: <a href="http://steamcommunity.com/id/rraayy" target="_blank">http://steamcommunity.com/id/rraayy</a>

- rAY
  • hartiganhartigan Join Date: 2012-09-14 Member: 159343Members
    Hello guys
    A friend told me about NS2 few months ago, since I follow the development of this game and I really wat to play it since I try with my friend's account. He already reserve is free key for is brother and sadly I really c'ant buy this game. I wish I could support dev's and play but I couldn't and I wonder if one of you could give me a free NS2 Key.

Thanks a lot and I hope to see you in game .
  • jbelko1jbelko1 Join Date: 2012-09-14 Member: 159350Members
    I really wanted NS2 i was just wondering if anybody had an extra guess pass.
  • PersianImm0rtalPersianImm0rtal Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75414Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    edited September 2012
    Looking to trade, Steam copies of <b><u>The Witcher: Enhanced Edition or Nuclear Dawn</u></b>, for copies of NS2.... let me know people. Wanna get my friends into this.
  • TrueKillerStarTrueKillerStar Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159682Members
    Hey,

I have a friend named Red who always buys four packs for a group of friends. I don't have enough for a four pack and already have my own copy. I am just trying to surprise him with it.

We are both Natural Selection 1 players, seriously still a great game.

I just wanted to see if I could somehow get him this game. I even tried to get it from the WasabiCup and will try on Tuesday during the Q&A, though aren't those only closed beta keys?

Thanks
  • GenosseGenosse Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159696Members
    Hi, I have pre-ordered NS2 and played NS1 extensively - while watching the wasabicup finals today I noticed someone giving away an old unused beta key. I have really enjoyed watching the competitive match replays and other NS2HD videos, and am very pumped for the game. If anyone else has an unused beta key they'd be willing to PM, I would be thrilled to put it to use for the next couple weeks. Thanks and happy gaming.

- Genosse
  • TetraponyTetrapony Join Date: 2012-08-02 Member: 154602Members
    I already got a pre order of the game, and gifted my copy to a friend, but had to deal with which of two friends give it away. And running across threads and this one, I kinda wanted to know if I could trade sketches, meaning I could make your own little avatar/display picture of one of the Kharaa (not too detailed, I'm a fast drawer but I got lots of projects to do) For a copy of the game to give to a friend.
  • RaskRask Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159600Members
    If anyone is willing to either let me try or have the beta I would be forever thankful and also carry your children inside of me and that's basically impossible since I'm a dude.

I'm also willing to trade/buy the beta key from you! Just send me a PM either here or on Steam! :)
  • SkulkJesterSkulkJester Join Date: 2012-09-18 Member: 159858Members
    This might be a bit of a long shot but i'll try anyways.

Background:
    I remember NS1 of being the first game I have played ever. My brother was playing it one day when I was a kid. (Guess i'm still a bit)
    He asked if i'd want to play it while he went out to get some groceries. I didn't wan't to play first but as i caught a glimpse of the Skulks teeth on the screen and instantly wanted to play. I loved the game really much and kept playing it for a long time. Time went by and things changed, and NS was a thing of the past.

A few months ago I was talking with my brother and I suddenly remembered NS again. I rushed to home and downloaded it again. I was delighted that there still where a few servers online with players in them.
    So I played again and oh the nostalgia! I heard that NS2 was about to come out soon and wanted to Pre-order it...

Anyway I wrote this because I need a key (what a surprise)
    I'm not in a good financial situation now and don't know if my computer could handle the game. I checked the system requirements but I am not sure if I could run the game with my current computer. So i'd need the key that I can test can I run NS2. I really wish I could...
    If anyone has taken the time to read this and wants to donate me a key, I would be enormously in gratitude. If someone is generous enough, please contact me. Thank you
  • syLsyL Join Date: 2012-02-12 Member: 145197Members
    Hey guys

I would like to trade my NS2 copy against a copy of Torchlight 2. Even if you don't have a TL2 copy to spare you save about 5 Euros (don't know how many $) if you buy a new copy of TL2.

Feel free to contact me via PM.
  • DestrucityDestrucity Join Date: 2012-09-20 Member: 160138Members
    If somebody has a beta key I will be willing to buy the game myself if I like it. I can't spend much on games so I like to try before I buy if I can.
  • CamronCamron Join Date: 2011-01-06 Member: 76356Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1981047:date=Sep 20 2012, 07:05 PM:name=Destrucity)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destrucity @ Sep 20 2012, 07:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1981047"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If somebody has a beta key I will be willing to buy the game myself if I like it. I can't spend much on games so I like to try before I buy if I can.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    There are no "only beta" keys. There are NS2 pre-order keys that gave alpha/beta access along with the full game. Steam pre-orders do not give beta access.
  • DestrucityDestrucity Join Date: 2012-09-20 Member: 160138Members
    Any plans on a demo after release?
  • tswift559tswift559 Join Date: 2012-09-22 Member: 160348Members
    I am a college student and as of right now will not be able to afford this game, as long as college tution continues to increase -_- lol. anyway i was wondering if any1 would let me play it. just let me know either through this forum or email,
  • osoriocesarosoriocesar Join Date: 2012-09-22 Member: 160417Members
    I dont wanna NS2 copy, I already made the pre-order, I just wanna pay the beta xD
  • TestamentTestament Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4037Members
    I was thinking of pre-ordering NS2, but I'm on a really short budget. I came on the forums to read some about NS2, since it's been a long time since I paid attention to the dev cycle and saw this thread.

I figured I'd throw in my voice and see if anyone had a spare copy kicking around. Maybe someone will even recognize me from 7 years ago!
  • DarkajiDarkaji Join Date: 2012-08-22 Member: 156222Members
    edited September 2012
    Hi everyone, i'm a french student, and i don't have engoush money to buy NS2, if somebody has an extra copy, it would very cool if he can give it to me ^^

<a href="http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198014729235" target="_blank">http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198014729235</a>
  • Lim3sLim3s Join Date: 2012-09-25 Member: 160712Members
    Let's see how this goes.

<a href="http://vocaroo.com/i/s0KUlx7Q6wgH" target="_blank">http://vocaroo.com/i/s0KUlx7Q6wgH</a>
  • lisotaviolisotavio Join Date: 2012-10-02 Member: 161281Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1981878:date=Sep 22 2012, 09:22 PM:name=osoriocesar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (osoriocesar @ Sep 22 2012, 09:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1981878"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I dont wanna NS2 copy, I already made the pre-order, I just wanna pay the beta xD<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Same here.
  • xXxZeekxXxxXxZeekxXx Join Date: 2012-10-08 Member: 161847Members
    I dont have the money to buy the game and i love the first one
    i would appreciated a copy if anyone is generous enough
  • BychopBychop Join Date: 2012-10-15 Member: 162435Members
    edited October 2012
    Hello everyone,

I preorder Natural Selection II few weeks ago. I'm wondering if anyone could give one extra copy of this fabulous game to my wife. I cannot offer money, but I will create you one model in Natural Selection II using Workshop from your special request. As student in 3D video game art, It's may take several weeks to do.

<b><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Simple deal<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b>:
    One of your free Natural Selection II copy to my wife steam account => You will get one of your model request in Natural Selection II using Workshop :)

I may use the model in my portfolio.
    You can contact me by <b>PM</b> or reply here !
  • AlexiiAlexii Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162651Members
    edited October 2012
    Heya all. In my gaming time i was mostly in the know when it comes to GREAT games. The titles i managed to somehow miss and discover a lot later are Heroes Quest AKA Quest for glory , Little Big Adventure , Grim Fandango, Planetside and Natural Selection. Now as soon as i saw the vids for NS2 i immediately preordered it on steam , but, to my disappointment, the beta access time was done. Now for reasons unknown to me, i cant seem to just wait =) I wanna try it now now now =) I am wondering if anyone is willing to share an acc , so i can calm my inner beast and play some , or sell me a key i can use to activate my steam copy , or even sell me a new copy with beta access . I am usually a pretty patient guy , but i got a bee in my bonnet it seems. I need to find Fana and Tane (AKA Fana and Thana =) heh ) and kill em =)
  • AbirdyAbirdy Join Date: 2012-10-15 Member: 162426Members
    edited October 2012
    It would be just awesome if I can get a key right now. I've been looking into all this engine has to offer, I'm pumped to create some maps for this game. I've read something in your "Design Direction" subject on the wiki; you said that one of your design mantras was "Easy to learn, difficult to master." That is a challenge I am willing to accept in creating great maps for this game. So count me in!

*EDIT* I already bought the game, but people are saying "key" is that a key to play beta/make maps or is that just the entire game?
  • agentaibbagentaibb Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157760Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    If anyone is willing to give away their extra copy of NS2

I will give you a full copy of Medal of Honor (PC Obviously)

<a href="http://steamcommunity.com/id/agentaib" target="_blank">My Steam Profile</a>
  • tactictactic Join Date: 2012-03-28 Member: 149544Members, NS2 Playtester
    hello guys! i got the game (played for 66 hours) and i have a very close friend to me that played ns1 with me ALOT, and we prety much only played that,

he doesnt have this game and we cant play together now since he doesnt have beta.

and if anyone wanna gift a game to me or something that be awesome! his birthday is coming up soon so i wanna surprise him and give him some bromance with a ns2 copy!

id do it myself but my wage for this month will be delayed thanks to my stupid company im working for so i wont get payed :(

if anyone has a copy that they want to give out then im sooo sooo happy !!

thanks

tactic
  • B1llyB1lly Join Date: 2004-02-18 Member: 26653Members
    for italian players, there is a key giveaway on natural-selection.it