The Generosity Thread

Comments

• AlethiumAlethium Join Date: 2012-03-05 Member: 148219Members
    edited March 2012
    I would die for an NS2 key, but after reading the forums a bit I came to the conclusion that the map maker is simple and easy to use. Takes a week or so to get comfortable with the map making program. With this being I really wanted to make a map in a game but haven't been able to find a program easy enough, so I decided to come here for great team battles and an awesome map making experience. Now since I haven't played the game yet I don't know how this game really functions; as in what part of the map is abusive or is too marine friendly. With this being changed I guarantee that this sketch with change with the more I play the game.

[attachment=36067:NS2_map.png]
    Make sure you click on the picture. (Gives a better representation of the map!)

The map is designed so one team will be able to suppress the advantage fast, but be vulnerable to deadly counter attacks, which can take out a tech place, and 1 or 2 resource collection spots. Meaning the agressor can't be over overaggressive or else they are easyly targeted by counter attacks. As the map comes more along my room ideas will be set around this mindset. Such as the room might be dark/an exposable power switch so that way aliens can run on the wall with a lower chance of being seen, so it can cause deadly flanks or devastating counter attacks. Now with that many counter attacks, the team that just destroyed a resource collector might get cocky and go for the next structure, which will more than likely be a harder target for a marine or two to actually destroy. Now some may be thinking, "Well why cant I turtle off these few resource collectors and let them attack us?" The answer is simple, this map encourage's fast map control, and the team who decides to stay only on a few resource collectors will be easily destroyed with the lack of map control. Late game on this map encourages quick missions that instantly retreat for the awaiting counter attack, so it keeps the team on their toes and makes it so they cant end the game too fast, so this draws out longer and more hectic gameplay. The theme of the map is still undecided and most likely the person who gifts me the game will decide and will help me with this project and pitch in ideas!

Then not to mention the game itself will be a blast for me, blasting away alien bits with a squad of me and a few other people just seems simply amazing. I just find this game astounding for an indie game, and for only being in the beta I feel like this game could be released right now and get more sales than most run-of-the-mill indie game. So I would find it amazing if someone could gift me this game. :)

Another reason why I should receive this game (I really want this >.<) is the fact I have FRAPS and can upload kick-butt gameplay with max graphics and show how beatiful this game can be. I have pretty decent in video editing and could make a "movie" out of this game if anyone would be nice enough to lend me their voice, along with that I am constantly showing new people about this game to try and help out the dev's for their hardwork!

*EDIT If anyone is wondering if my computer can run this game or not, the answer is for sure yes, I just got a custom made computer a few months back that can run any game that just came out on max graphics with a standard 60+ fps!

(Steam id: <a href="http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024562587)" target="_blank">http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024562587</a>)
  • icepick37icepick37 Join Date: 2012-01-17 Member: 140980Members
    Lot of keys floating around out there soon. :D I really would love a crack at this game.

Every time I watch a video of it I'm struck with how tactical it is. It's amazing.
  • damuledamule Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157822Members
    First of all ill love to thank every good fela around in advance, for me and for all the people you guys already helped. Ill also want to apologize in advance for my crappy english since its not my main lenguage.
    Ive been wanting NS2 for years (literally), i used to play NS1 as a kid and loved it, i remember going to a LAN and playing with lots and lots of people for hours. Ive been keeping my eyes open on the beta testing for the game, but since i didnt have the money at the moment to buy it and without knowing when the official release was, i decided to wait and save up for it. Yesterday i decided to buy myself a new mouse, and today i saw on steam the game was coming out on october, i got really pissed. Im working as an intern without getting paid till december, if i knew the game was coming out so soon i would have waited for the mouse but now ill have to wait atleast till january to get the game... (if i can by then).

If theres any cool guy/girl around that like to help me out getting into the beta or the real game, ill love that and be so thankful. If you guys cant, its alright, eventually ill find a way to get it since i want it so badly.

Once again.. thanks in advance...
    Add me, lets talk about anything! ill love to meet new ppl
    (steam id: <a href="http://steamcommunity.com/id/damulero/)" target="_blank">http://steamcommunity.com/id/damulero/)</a>
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Well since we just gave away 45,000 free copies of NS2 Standard Edition, I feel like there may be a fresh need for this thread!
  • neilm86neilm86 Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67198Members
    I think UWE have got to add some sort of donation system so that if the people who get free copies want to contribute something financially they can. I will certainly be asking the person whome which I will give my key to consider it, if they like the game. Even if half the people payed a MEASLY $1 - thats still $22,500

Neil
  • p0rt3dp0rt3d Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157878Members
    Sweet jesus this game lives on?! i can remember downloading this HL mod on dialup waaaay back when, only after seeing it appear on steam (a pleasant surprise i might add) did i realise it is infact now a stand alone game that has progressed and evolved.

I had to double check to make sure it wasnt some rip off game using the old name, but after researching has lead me here, wow, nice work to the devs, you guys have persisted and it has paid off.
    I am more then happy to pre-order and pay $25, in the same breath i have a quantity of tradable games i could swap to someone with a spare key if they wanted something for it, if no one is interested within the next few days ill just buy it :) i may just buy it as a gift anyway haha.

Feel free to have a browse through my inv if anyone is interested, <a href="http://steamcommunity.com/id/Write-0ff/" target="_blank">http://steamcommunity.com/id/Write-0ff/</a> - Admins/mods i couldnt see anything within rules that says i couldnt put up a trade proposa here, but if i have bent or broken a rule by all means remove my post or send me a message so i can modify it, Thankyou.

Best gaming news i have had in ages, Thankyou NS crew.
  • Cee Colon SlashCee Colon Slash Join Date: 2012-05-25 Member: 152581Members
    edited September 2012
    Question - I won a beta key on a twitch.tv 'cast and the two people I have offered to did not redeem it - does it have any use now?

** EDIT - someone has claimed it - cheers!
  • gucdocilgucdocil Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157900Members
    I would like a copy of this game, I live in Brazil and here is kind of difficulty for me to afford that kind of game, since the crisis the dolar rate here is too high.
    So i have to spend like twice the original price. And for me it's too expensive.

I would love if someone could help me with that, this game is awesome!

Thank you ;)
  • goblingoblin Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31412Members
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1971871:date=Sep 5 2012, 11:08 AM:name=gucdocil)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gucdocil @ Sep 5 2012, 11:08 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1971871"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would like a copy of this game, I live in Brazil and here is kind of difficulty for me to afford that kind of game, since the crisis the dolar rate here is too high.
    So i have to spend like twice the original price. And for me it's too expensive.

I would love if someone could help me with that, this game is awesome!

Thank you ;)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<a href="http://forum.readyroom.com.br/index.php?showtopic=5418" target="_blank">http://forum.readyroom.com.br/index.php?showtopic=5418</a>
  • DepotDepot The ModFather Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7956Members
    Interested in a copy of NS2 if possible. TIA! :)
  • chuchi42chuchi42 Join Date: 2006-11-05 Member: 58381Members
    Looking for a special edition NS2. (money reward in appreciation of your help).
  • WarboyWarboy Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157929Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    edited September 2012
    I'm very interested in a key if possible, I'll be very grateful if someone could give me one. I'll be your battle buddy :P big fan of the first one.

CPU: Intel Core i7 960 4.2Ghz
    GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 680 Standard
    RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengeance
  • AlairanAlairan Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157941Members
    edited September 2012
    I may as well try my luck!

I'd love a copy of NS2, but unfortunately cannot really afford it. I'm acting as a single mother essentially right now, caring for my little brother since my mother passed away last year. So, money is very tight, and what I do get spare tends to be spent on him. Gaming is my little personal escape, and NS2 in particular is something I'm very interested in!

Edit: Though, hope this dosen't sound like a pity grab! Not trying to be, just trying to explain why I can't actually afford the game myself!
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1971999:date=Sep 5 2012, 12:45 PM:name=Warboy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Warboy @ Sep 5 2012, 12:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1971999"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm very interested in a key if possible, I'll be very grateful if someone could give me one. I'll be your battle buddy :P big fan of the first one.

CPU: Intel Core i7 960 4.2Ghz
    GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 680 Standard
    RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengeance
    OS: Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You would think with such a nice rig you could afford to buy the game for $25. :P
  • Spektor56Spektor56 Join Date: 2010-11-10 Member: 74858Members
    I have some friends interested in the game if anyone has keys they aren't going to use. I'm most likely giving my other copy to my brother. My friends are computer engineers as well, so who knows, maybe the will be bored enough to make some mods one day.
  • WarboyWarboy Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157929Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1972054:date=Sep 5 2012, 12:50 PM:name=Dictator93)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dictator93 @ Sep 5 2012, 12:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1972054"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You would think with such a nice rig you could afford to buy the game for $25. :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Considering the video card was from step-up and the rest of the rig was built with 2nd hand parts. But I got a code ^_^.

Question, It's a humble bundle beta code, I was told a thank you package will be given to me once it comes out? anybody got a link for that?
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    I plan give my key to a streamer or youtuber to expand the knowledge of NS2.
    So in case you dont know what to do whit your key, let me grap it and ill put em to good use.
  • agentaibbagentaibb Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157760Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited September 2012
    Hello all!
    I had an old account on here but I havent been able to recover it sadly :(
    And as many as said before if you have a free copy of the game to give away I would greatly appreciate a free copy

Here is a link to my steam profile

<a href="http://steamcommunity.com/id/agentaib" target="_blank">My Steam Profile</a>

If you give me a copy I will give you anything you want out of my Inventory in Steam (If you play TF2 I have plenty of items to give away)

Plus I played the HL1 mod alot and I loved it and I have been following NS2 since the very first teaser back in 2009

My System Specs
    ATI 6770 1GB
    Intel i3 3.3 GHZ Dual Core
    8gb ddr3 g.skill ram
    Windows 7
  • icepick37icepick37 Join Date: 2012-01-17 Member: 140980Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1971828:date=Sep 5 2012, 06:08 AM:name=Cee Colon Slash)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cee Colon Slash @ Sep 5 2012, 06:08 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1971828"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Question - I won a beta key on a twitch.tv 'cast and the two people I have offered to did not redeem it - does it have any use now?

I would be happy to donate it to someone if they could use it, but my sense is that the beta access is now closed?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think it's probably still fine to use. They just aren't letting any new keys in right? But old keys should still get beta access?
  • Cee Colon SlashCee Colon Slash Join Date: 2012-05-25 Member: 152581Members
    Apparently the old beta key got in just fine.
  • damuledamule Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157822Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1971828:date=Sep 5 2012, 06:08 AM:name=Cee Colon Slash)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cee Colon Slash @ Sep 5 2012, 06:08 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1971828"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Question - I won a beta key on a twitch.tv 'cast and the two people I have offered to did not redeem it - does it have any use now?

** EDIT - someone has claimed it - cheers!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    can i get the 2nd one then plz??? =$
  • AntivenomAntivenom Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157977Members
    edited September 2012
    Hello to everyone l am new here never played NS but when l watched some videos of NS2 fell in love with it awesome game started watching <a href="http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD28226024AD811CB" target="_blank">Galm's</a> videos of NS2 beta the game was so awesome couldn't wait for its release . So mu question is don't want it to sound greedy or anything but if anyone that pre-ordered the game is willing to give away their second copy will be awesome to get the game and play with the UWE community from what l've seen you guys are awesome . Anyway thank you for reading this glad to be here hoping that there will be someone wiling to gift his second copy . Thank you and have a nice day.

<a href="http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ant11" target="_blank">Steam Profile </a>
  • pvthochpvthoch Join Date: 2012-03-28 Member: 149528Members
    edited September 2012
    <!--coloro:#FFA500--><span style="color:#FFA500"><!--/coloro-->This is a place to request or offer copies of NS2. It is not a place to question those who do so.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • dqninja25dqninja25 Join Date: 2012-08-13 Member: 155582Members
    edited September 2012
    i would love a copy right now but cant afford it so if any one could give me one i would love them for it :)

ps: im new to this game and have not made friends so i would like to make some
  • ZeddiusZeddius Join Date: 2012-09-06 Member: 158213Members
    edited September 2012
    I would also absolutely love to receive a free copy as im currently not able too afford the game and im more then willing to compensate by simply being anyones buddy in arms (Like i would of been anyhow) or simply just by showing my outmost gratitude towards the person and the matter of fact anyone in the community just for being there and sharing the experience with me.
    Just add me onto skype or what not and have a chat !. Otherwise just contact me on here as i will present from this very moment and forward and sharing my experience with you guys.

Skype ID: Minsao1
    Steam ID: <a href="http://steamcommunity.com/id/Zeddius" target="_blank">http://steamcommunity.com/id/Zeddius</a>

See ya out there ya'll ! / Fernando.
  • XGooberXGoober Join Date: 2012-09-08 Member: 158499Members
    Hi everyone

This seems like a very nice thing for everyone to be doing, and whether I get a copy or not, I just want to thank everyone involved for their generosity. Unfortunately I can't buy games online. There are issues that I won't go into, but basically I can't complete transactions over the internet. I really would like to have this game as it looks awesome, and me and my friends are looking forward to playing it, and the first game was utterly brilliant as well.
    If you need my system specs the important ones are:

i5 3570k
    XFX Core edition 2GB 7870 (PCIe 3.0 is used as motherboard has a 3.0 slot)
    8GB Vengeance

Thanks to anyone good enough to give me a copy, just tell me what you want me to do to get the key, if you want to give me one. As thanks I would gladly be of help to anyone in need of a fellow combatant at any point, or just profess my undying gratitude. I look forward to meeting you guys in the battlefield.
    Robert
  • cajimen0cajimen0 Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158394Members
    Hi

A few months ago I have been following the game through the official website and reddit / ns2 /. The game totally shocked me and I have been interested in the mechanics: strategy, action and team play.

If anyone please has enough generosity to give myself a copy of the game .......... I would be very happy: THANKS!

Unknow Worlds make a your great work giving an extra copy of their loyal fans and founders, also for creating this topic for those who need a copy of Natural Selection 2.
  • JengaJenga Join Date: 2012-09-08 Member: 158554Members
    Been a player of NS1 for years, if anyone has a spare copy floating around they'd like to be rid of I'd appreciate it. Just PM for private details and gratuitous thanks.
  • sushletsushlet Join Date: 2012-09-08 Member: 158624Members
    edited September 2012
    I'd be happy to receive a copy of NS2.
    <b>I'm also willing to give you my extra of Shattered Horizon in return.</b>

PM me or e-mail me if you're interested. Thanks.
  • OrshelackOrshelack Join Date: 2012-09-09 Member: 158676Members
    Hi everybody, just found out about this game a few days ago & have been watching streams of it constantly since. I'm currently out of work however, so resources are limited. I do have an extra copy of Portal 2 ( I know, who doesn't have it by now, but I figured I'd offer) as well as a good amount of TF2 & DOTA2 items that I'd be willing to trade.

<a href="http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970603853/" target="_blank">http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970603853/</a>

is my profile if you would like to see what I have, feel free to add me if anything catches your eye. Wouldn't mind making a few friends either. Thanks for reading, and best wishes to everyone!