Server Admin rcon

TSiOmiCronTSiOmiCron Join Date: 2012-08-05 Member: 154795Members
Hello ladies and gents, I just have a few questions regarding my dedicated server

So i went through the wiki on the subject, witch was very nice i might add, but there seems to be some information missing.

So my server is setup and the webadmin menu is working correctly, and i've setup the json file like this, and it is loaded on server startup.

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->{
"groups":
{
"admin_group": { "type": "disallowed", "commands": [ ] }
}

"users":
{
"omicron": { "id": mycorrectsteamID , "groups": [ "admin_group" ] }
}

}<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

now is'nt the server supposed to recognize me as admin when i logon to the server as a player?
When i try to type admin commands in the console, it says i'm not allowed to do that in the server window.

What am i missing here? cincerely,

OmiCron

Comments

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    That looks right, so maybe recheck that you put in your SteamID correctly? Remember that it has to be entered in the funky format of:
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->STEAM_0:0:XXXXX :(SteamID * 2)
    STEAM_0:1:XXXXX :(SteamID * 2 + 1)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Also, I don't think it makes much of a difference, but you might also want to try doing the explicit allowed command setup (as shown below) rather than the disallowed nothing setup.
    <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->{
        "groups":
        {
            "admin_group": { "type": "allowed", "commands": [
            "sv_listbans", "sv_ban", "sv_switchteam", "sv_changemap", "sv_reset", "sv_say",
            "sv_rrall", "sv_randomall", "sv_help", "sv_eject", "sv_tsay", "sv_psay", "sv_password",
            "sv_unban", "sv_slay", "sv_kick", "sv_status"
        ] },
            "clan_group": { "type": "allowed", "commands": [
            "sv_kick", "sv_say", "sv_changemap", "sv_reset", "sv_status", "sv_help"
        ] }
        }

"users":
        {
            "#156.ScardyBob": { "id": steamid, "groups": [ "admin_group" ] },
        }
    }<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
  • TSiOmiCronTSiOmiCron Join Date: 2012-08-05 Member: 154795Members
    edited August 2012
    I have double and triple checked the steam id now.. I have the old type the STEAM_0.0 version and i have multiplied it by two.
    i am 100% sure it is correct.
    But still, when i try to do for example sv_say i get:
    Client with Id [the same id as in the json file] is not allowed to execute command: sv_say
    I also tried your version of the json file ScardyBob

another thing:

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->"#156.ScardyBob": { "id": steamid, "groups": [ "admin_group" ] },<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

the username in this code, is that important? is it the steam login name or the ingame player name it refers to? Does it need to match 100% for it to work or?

i really dont get it.

-OmiCron-
    And now I'm not really sure the server loads the json file at all.

At server startup it still says Loading user://config/ServerAdmin.json even tho i have renamed both json files so they dont exist in that directory.

Is that normal?

Help please

-OmiCron-
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Ah ok, so it sounds like the server file isn't loading the ServerAdmin.json from the right directory. The easiest thing would just to put all of the json files in your \AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2\config\ directory. You can change the directory location, but it has to be in your \AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2\ directory somewhere.
    AAAAAAH! lol.. thank you very much, that did the trick indeed. Works like a charm.

You're a genius ScardyBob