NS2 Map Index

13»

Comments

• ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    Wiki table would be a great improvement! Thumbnails would be great too but I think updating all of the data should be higher priority.
  • DrownDrown Underwater Join Date: 2002-12-02 Member: 10392Members
    edited February 2012
    Returned after a long inactivity period. Wasn't much to revise when I checked in during the summer - seems a lot has changed since then. I'll get to it. =) Sad to see so many projects fallen. I like the idea of the wiki too - I'll link to that in the first post so that if it gets behind again players can resort to that. In fact, I may just add thread links and sort by status.. removing any other info. Easier for me, and allows the wiki to fill a role providing more details and backstory as map designers desire.
  • BjervenBjerven Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75401Members
    first entry needs updating feels like maps are missing and the status does not appear to be right
  • jeffcojeffco Join Date: 2011-02-14 Member: 81785Members
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/index.php/Map_Index" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/index.php/Map_Index</a>

Hi guys, today I tried to improve the layout and added and updated various maps. I hope you like it. Unfortunately, the list of maps is still incomplete and a lot of links to the original forum threads are missing...
  • RagnARagnA Join Date: 2010-04-12 Member: 71363Members
    edited July 2012
    Hi,

Just to update the list. You can remove ns2_Ragna. It was an old project I started more than a year ago. You can replace it with ns2_Okazaki, currently with 6 tech points and 11 res nodes. Basic world geometry is 50% done, should release to test balance next week.

Thanks!

(Just saw the wiki, ill update there if I can)
  • DrownDrown Underwater Join Date: 2002-12-02 Member: 10392Members
    edited August 2012
    Glad to see the wiki page is being updated, this post may not longer be necessary anymore. If there is a demand and people find it useful as a source directory for existing mapthreads and progress please let me know and I will spend some time and get it up to date; otherwise I'll let the wikilink lead people to fortune.

Edit:
    I may go through each community map case by case anyway out of personal interest in catching up with the progress over the last six months that I've just let the wiki link handle things.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    Just wanted to register ns2_insidious :)
    Its a community made map by about 11 people atm. still WIP.

More info here:
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=119182" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=119182</a>
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    ns2_agora - beta v1

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=125749" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=125749</a>
  • victortvictort Join Date: 2013-09-09 Member: 188078Members, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    bump..

to summarize:

maps that work with build 255+?

Kodiak
    Jambi

maps that kinda work:

Agora - (missing resource points and initial (marine) extracter)

any others?

thanks, my server (will) appreciate(s) it!

-m
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    This is all horribly outdated. We should create a simple sticky post with a list of all maps (with links) - or update this wiki.
  • UroborosUroboros Join Date: 2013-12-11 Member: 189991Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited December 2013
    This is the research I've done. Could still be outdated because I haven't taken the time to update it either. Better than nothing.

(Updates)
    NS2_Tanith
    NS2_Caged
    NS2_Turtle
    NS2_Prison
    NS2_Kodiak
    NS2_Fusion
    NS2_Uplift
    NS2_Tarvos
    NS2_Fracture
    NS2_Hera
    NS2_Colony
    NS2_Lockdown
    NS2_Grendel
    NS2_Ayumi
    NS2_Origin
    NS2_Goliath
    NS2_Hotdogs
    NS2_Yana
    NS2_Stratos
    NS2_Yakushima
    NS2_Orion
    NS2_Yttrium
    NS2_Nidoking
    NS2_Battlestar

(No Updates)
    NS2_Icarus, NS2_Lost, NS2_Spines, NS2_Cradle, NS2_Kleos, NS2_Drydosity,
    NS2_Bast, NS2_Cadmus, NS2_Metal, NS2_Arena, NS2_Outpost, NS2_Nancy, NS2_Rigging ,NS2_Aleser,

(Completed)
    NS2_Jambi, NS2_Triad, NS2_Honorguard
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Someone really needs to update the wiki entry for the community maps. It's really out of date.
  • MasterGMasterG gmfbst Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20169Members, Squad Five Blue
    True that. I took a look at it and wasn't sure how to update it. I think it would be best if the authors of the maps would keep their own creations up to date in the wiki though. That way all the work doesn't fall on one person.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    Someone really needs to update the wiki entry for the community maps. It's really out of date.

It's the NS2 wiki...
  • prevertmaximusprevertmaximus Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11630Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Hey to NS2 players and server owners,

The ns2_orbital_beta map has been updated so the draw calls are now very low all over the map now. And some subscribers would like to play this map. If any server owners could put this map in rotation on there server that would be great to get some long play time feed back. This map also works with the new build. Would be great to see how the NS2 players like it .

Thanks, Max
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    edited May 2014
    I'm currently trying to update the Map Index, actually outdated since so many months. http://wiki.unknownworlds.com/ns2/Map_Index#Official_Maps

I already added Kodiak & Descent on the list, I modified names of the Authors, some of them weren't good. Updated few Tech / Res & created a description for all the official maps. I keep going to make it 100% perfect, but I saw some boring bugs for the pictures & overview, unhappily, I don't think I can change that myself, I let you know for any new informations.

I added pages for Eclipse, Descent, Kodiak & Refinery. I cannot put new images at the moment.

I solved all broken links from Authors.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    edited May 2014
    Thanks to @AceDude for fixing NS2 Wiki issues, especially the one for overviews. He updated the website with the newest version by the way. All official maps display their current layout, same will be achieved for custom maps, I'm working on it.
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    @Pelargir‌ : could you add "outer rim ark". Tia.
    edited June 2014
    I will do as soon as possible.

Try to add me on Steam please, I need more informations to do it.
  • lotnik190lotnik190 Poland Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187394Members
    Could you add my ns2_light? ;)
    Not the next incoming week but hopefully the next one, I'll try to update the Index. :)
    edited August 2014
    New update: 4 maps added to the section called "In testing (NSL/SCC/UWE PT)"

- ns2_nothing by @Kalopsia

- ns2_light by @lotnik190

- ns2_frost by @F0rdPrefect

- ns2_outerrimark by @UncleCrunch

So as usual, I mentioned names, added overviews, linked to your UWE profiles & Steam Workshop. I also indicated Tech Points/Res but I was wrong I guess about that, feel free to correct me here please or via Steam (requests sent to all of you). I'd like to add description for your maps as well even if those can change later. Their current status are ALPHA, same here, if I'm wrong, tell me.

I'll try to clean a little bit more the Index later. Don't hesitate to ask me whatever you want to see changed or modified.
  • logan3logan3 switzerland Join Date: 2014-10-11 Member: 198931Members
    ns2_shipyard is in a real early state. i don't think it belongs here allready
    Since we are in Wiki updates, I've just updated the Maps Index once again, I haven't done this for a few months so that must be clearer by now. Feel free to correct me if I miss something: http://wiki.unknownworlds.com/ns2/Map_Index

- Removed NSL Maptesting as part of current maptesting groups.
    - Added TAW clan maptests and linked to their UWE forum thread.
    - Removed any screenshot in official and beta/alpha (forsaken) maps description that caused many issues with the text itself, looks like the website is a bit broken at this side.

- Updated ns2_caged overview.
    - Updated ns2_mineral overview.
    - Updated ns2_derelict overview.
    - Updated ns2_light overview.

- Changed ns2_cradle to ns2_hydra, added link to the Steam Workshop and new UWE forum thread. Added an overview.
    - Fixed the ns2_plant's link that led to ns2_kleos Steam Workshop.
    - Added ns2_veil_FIVE to the forsaken maps section.
    - Added ns2_forge into "in testing" maps.
    - Added ns2_nyx into "in testing" maps.

- Moved ns2_relic to inactive maps.
    - Moved ns2_temple to inactive maps.
    - Moved ns2_frost to inactive maps.
    - Moved ns2_fracture to inactive maps.
    - Moved ns2_goliath to inactive maps.

These maps have been moved to get a better view/audience for the other maps still active or that have received updates lately. Once one of those maps gets active again, I will replace it into the appropriate section. Notice that only the maps without any update for the last 5 months have been moved accordingly.