Game Brightness

CodeineCodeine Join Date: 2010-11-22 Member: 75155Members
<div class="IPBDescription">How do i increase brightness?</div>How do i go about increasing the brightness in the game with out distorting my windows colours and screwing all my other games by changing the monitor brightness?

Alien vision is not that great since it makes adrenaline not so good, and its a MUST to have alien vision on if you want to be successful in battle. So how can i help myself in this area by increasing the brightness of the overall game?

I couldnt find a brightness slider in the options. And the nV control panel doesnt have a profile for ns2 at the moment. I hope this is something that will be added to the game eventually as its a bit odd to not have the option.

Comments

• MiniH0wieMiniH0wie Join Date: 2007-11-25 Member: 63013Members
    I use a program called Gamma Control made by DesktopNerds.
  • CodeineCodeine Join Date: 2010-11-22 Member: 75155Members
    Thanks, that will have to do.
    Well im using that app, but when i go above 3 nothces to increase brightness it looks like the game is all misty/foggy looks really bad. Sigh.
    Yeah unfortunately it isn't perfect but helps. I usually only kick it up 2 or 3 notches and that's good enough for me.

If you find something better, please let me know.
    Yea will do, im at around the same setting as you use, 2 or 3 notches. Pretty good app, if there were others i think it would cause the same misty/fog issue.
  • blujayblujay Join Date: 2012-07-21 Member: 154277Members
    edited July 2012
    Game is intended to be dark. You can't just jack the brightness up and expect it to help. %99 guarantee you're not complaining about well-lit areas but dark rooms (that are meant to be that way).
    <!--quoteo(post=1953469:date=Jul 24 2012, 02:23 PM:name=blujay)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blujay @ Jul 24 2012, 02:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1953469"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Game is intended to be dark. You can't just jack the brightness up and expect it to help. %99 guarantee you're not complaining about well-lit areas but dark rooms (that are meant to be that way).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Fine, you can play in the dark all you want but I'm going to adjust the brightness. And yes jacking up the brightness does help in just about every room.
    It's not entirely because it's dark but because the aliens/marines blend too much into the surrounding environment and adjusting the brightness helps w/ that.

Did you ever play Doom III and install a flashlight mod, because that game is nearly impossible to play in the dark (and it's also meant to be that way).
  • blujayblujay Join Date: 2012-07-21 Member: 154277Members
    edited July 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1953516:date=Jul 24 2012, 03:16 PM:name=MiniH0wie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MiniH0wie @ Jul 24 2012, 03:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1953516"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Fine, you can play in the dark all you want but I'm going to adjust the brightness. And yes jacking up the brightness does help in just about every room.
    It's not entirely because it's dark but because the aliens/marines blend too much into the surrounding environment and adjusting the brightness helps w/ that.

Did you ever play Doom III and install a flashlight mod, because that game is nearly impossible to play in the dark (and it's also meant to be that way).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No I didn't because that was the bloody point. It's <i>intentional</i> that players are difficult to see in the dark areas. You're defending a failing space station against aliens. That's <i>why</i> power nodes turn the lights out, aliens have night vision, and marines have flashlights.

You're just trying to cheat, basically. Enjoy winning slightly more while staring at a game that looks awful.