IMHO MACs are to strong

NakorsonNakorson Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140253Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
Anyone else got the feeling that MACs are currently to powerful? One single MAC can "outheal" a Onos attacking a building alone. Given that they are cheap and produded fast i think the comm should have to build atleast 2 of them to outheal a Onos.
In a lot of games latetly the marine commander is blocking a lot of paths with Armory's or factorys, with one MAC behind and a group of sentrys behind them. As a Onos is cant outdamge the MAC and take the building down. I don't think that it should be this is easy for marines to block paths.

Any opinions?

Comments

• swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited June 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1945194:date=Jun 20 2012, 05:44 PM:name=Nakorson)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nakorson @ Jun 20 2012, 05:44 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1945194"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Anyone else got the feeling that MACs are currently to powerful? One single MAC can "outheal" a Onos attacking a building alone. Given that they are cheap and produded fast i think the comm should have to build atleast 2 of them to outheal a Onos.
    In a lot of games latetly the marine commander is blocking a lot of paths with Armory's or factorys, with one MAC behind and a group of sentrys behind them. As a Onos is cant outdamge the MAC and take the building down. I don't think that it should be this is easy for marines to block paths.

Any opinions?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The repair rate is way too high, I've posted about it several times. Once I made a topic about it, resulted in a 200 heal per sec to 150 heal per sec nerf.
    Clearly that is far from enough. Somewhere around 50-75 would be more reasonable.
    Hopefully this topic could be the fixer for this annoying(with the current values) gameplay mechanic.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I'd love to see a higher build rate, but lower repair rate for MACs.

Also, the way to break armory/MAC walls is bilebomb (as it does damage to the structure and MAC behind it).
  • NakorsonNakorson Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140253Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1945244:date=Jun 20 2012, 11:10 AM:name=ScardyBob)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ScardyBob @ Jun 20 2012, 11:10 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1945244"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'd love to see a higher build rate, but lower repair rate for MACs.

Also, the way to break armory/MAC walls is bilebomb (as it does damage to the structure and MAC behind it).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's away to destroy the MACs yes, but doesn't fix the problem that the MACs heal to much.
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    +1 ScardyBob... they repair way too fast and build very slow, but at the same time maybe the build rate should be slow and so should the repair. I mean they are here to assist but should be able to be SUPER AMAZING
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I guess the fast repair rate is the legacy of the times when Marines had to completely depend on MACs for repairs.