Opportunity for the old GL to still live.

2»

Comments

• Angry Hillbilly 2Angry Hillbilly 2 Join Date: 2012-03-31 Member: 149741Members
    edited June 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1942503:date=Jun 10 2012, 01:33 AM:name=DarkOmen)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DarkOmen @ Jun 10 2012, 01:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1942503"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How about some sort of nano-targetting "grenade" launcher. The "grenade" shines a light on every target that it sees, causing other weapons to deal bonus damage to it's targets?

<ul><li>Support attachment</li><li>Doesn't overlap with any commander abilities</li><li>Works nicely with preemptive comm scanning</li><li>May be used by Marines to spearhead assaults</li><li>Cannot be used in a reactionary fashion; to kill an ambushing skulk, etc. <= (Drawback versus vanilla LMG)</li><li>Cannot be held along with a more powerful weapon <= (Drawback versus vanilla LMG)</li></ul>

Very marine IMO.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thats pretty cool I like that.

Or perhaps as people are talking about it not even being a weapon but some sort of upgrade style thing:

<b><!--sizeo:25--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Feed Increse:<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b>
    <b>Increses the rate of fire of the rifle by certain % at the cost of accurcy</b>

<b><!--sizeo:25--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Laser sight:<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b>
    <b>Does as it says on the tin.</b>

To be honest all this talk of improving weapons I think id love to see some sort of module attachement system for weapons not only rifle but shotguns, flamethrowers...etc giving them differant abilites. Could be very interesting :D (think modules like in Homeworld 2...but not that enormus :P )
  • Soylent_greenSoylent_green Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11220Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2012
    Reduces the rate of fire by 30% and obviates the need to reload(essentially a 300 bullet clip).

Or

Automatic reload unit. You can still riflebutt skulks while the rifle is busy reloading; or you can use your pistol while the rifle is reloading.
  • WorthyRivalWorthyRival Black Armor Division Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58470Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I wouldn't mind a grapple gun that would raise me to the ceiling. Like this <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3F0YefAQLA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3F0YefAQLA</a>
    Hiding from an onos comes to mind or chasing a skulk thats hiding in a high vent. Also really like that auto reload idea when rifle butting.