Skulk Strategy & Gameplay

Raven_XIRaven_XI Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12032Members, Constellation
edited May 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">A short video</div>With many new players in NS2 recently and many people asking for tips on the forums, I decided it would be fun idea for me to try and make some videos of me playing NS2 with a major emphasis on how and why I make choices while playing the game.

This is my first attempt, which is a skulking video, and depending on how well it is received from the community I may choose to make more, expanding to Commanding etc.

While NS2HD seems to focus on casting and revealing changes to builds in his videos, I'm hoping this will give an idea as to what can make you a better player in NS2 by giving a greater insight into strategy of both individual success on the field and also team success as a whole. I don't know, I haven't sat down and watched all his videos, so maybe hes already got this covered and I should just crawl back into the dark hole I came from!

As far as production quality goes, it would never get any better than this... But take a look and hopefully some of you new faces may learn a thing or two.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glqw-CbtzQw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glqw-CbtzQw</a>

Cheers

"Good Likelihood" lolol (You will know when you hear it)

Edit: Keep in mind there are many more things I could have added but didn't. Would analyze the game way more if anyone thinks this is actually any good.

Comments

• ThaTha Join Date: 2009-06-05 Member: 67694Members
    That was a good demonstration of how a skulk should be thinking and good justification for the decisions,the game although was abit off in terms of demonstration, anyways it was a good match
  • olisisolisis Join Date: 2003-02-01 Member: 12944Members
    Great job explaining your thought processes. You should definitely repost this in the new player forum.
  • SkieSkie Skulk Progenitor Join Date: 2003-10-18 Member: 21766Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I could do try do something like this from a PCW, if someone's interested. I'm an average-ok skulk, so it might be of use to someone.

<i>After Diablo 3.</i>
  • ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1936186:date=May 14 2012, 05:53 PM:name=Skie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Skie @ May 14 2012, 05:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1936186"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I could do try do something like this from a PCW, if someone's interested. I'm an average-ok skulk, so it might be of use to someone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You're quite being modest here. :)
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1936186:date=May 14 2012, 05:53 PM:name=Skie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Skie @ May 14 2012, 05:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1936186"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I could do try do something like this from a PCW, if someone's interested. I'm an <b>average-ok skulk</b>, so it might be of use to someone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And I am the pope! Praise me!
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    Good tips and video, shame the marine commander was terrible though.
  • RoTTeRoTTe Join Date: 2012-03-14 Member: 148764Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1936186:date=May 14 2012, 08:53 AM:name=Skie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Skie @ May 14 2012, 08:53 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1936186"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I could do try do something like this from a PCW, if someone's interested. <b>I'm an average-ok skulk</b>, so it might be of use to someone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I dont wanna know good skulk then...