[Discussion] The use of "Basecamp"

SkymanderXSkymanderX Green Marine - The Few, The Proud, The Green. Join Date: 2011-07-29 Member: 113006Members
<div class="IPBDescription">What qualifies as a project?</div>Hello everyone. So this is just a discussion about what could be considered a basecamp worthy project. I'm wondering it it could be used to organize clans who don't have websites, or other uses. Please feel free to discuss too. I've already begun to see some emerging topics that could be considered [project] for a basecamp but i'm not really sure. Also, once you get an acoount, are you sanctioned to use your open "project' slots for personal use? just some food for thought.

But i also have to say the interface for it all is really easy to use and extremely helpful :)

Comments

• BVKnightBVKnight Join Date: 2012-02-26 Member: 147496Members
    On a related note, what is the "Company" for these basecamp accounts? I have accepted the invitation to work on one of the projects and am trying to log in from an Android phone, but the app requires https://<b>company</b>.basecamphq.com, and I can't find a URL that looks like that on our page.
  • SkymanderXSkymanderX Green Marine - The Few, The Proud, The Green. Join Date: 2011-07-29 Member: 113006Members
    hmmm, well i don't know how you go there. It wouldn't let me long in either from that link.
    I am using Camper, an android basecamp app. And what it needs is the text string to replace the word "Company" in that URL to make it valid. I couldn't find one for our individual project, I wonder if it is something higher up the folder hierarchy, tied to Hugh's basecamp account?
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Not sure what the go is with the 'company' stuff - I could create a 'company' in Basecamp but it seems to be for only superficial admin purposes.
    My mistake: apparently the app I'm using only supports the classic version of Basecamp, and we are using a newer version.