Add: vote for next-match

JoseppeJoseppe Join Date: 2012-01-21 Member: 141497Members
edited April 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">quick match better than waiting-for-end</div>== Situation:
Your team is losing the match / round and the game is going on for another 5-10 min.
This is the time where often players quit the server or going ready room.

== Vote for next-match:
There should be a vote for next-match option (v-key + 2-key).
If more than 50% > players (on one team, especially loosing team) vote for next match,
the next round should be intiated (win message + all going ready-room).
In my opinion its better to have a quick-lost-match than waiting-for-end.

Pro:
-no rage-quitters (people stay on server)
-its not an instantly next-round, because you need half of team to vote for it
-no more recycle-all-messages
-no more stop-whining-messages
-no more the whole-team-ragequit-commentary
-no more "oh, its more vs less now"
-no more waiting for the end (if no recycle)
(-no more fresh connect and think "lets play... oh, we are losing... hm... another server :/")
-it makes more fun! (for losing players to stay motivated - next round will begin soon)

Contra:
-sometimes winner team has no feeling of winning-the-whole-match
(but: it needs 50% of people of other team to vote for next match until this happens)

== Advanced implementation - fit-into-setting:
Later it could be possible to initiate a self destruction mechanism on marine side
and a corrupted infestation mechanism on alien side.

1. self destruction (marine side):
-more than half of team vote for next match
-you get a "self destruction initiated" displayed message / female-audio-message
-10 seconds countdown -> all cc´s explode
-then: normal win / lost message

2. self corruption (alien-side):
-more than half of team vote for next match
-you get a "infestation corrupted" displayed message / alien-audio-message
-10 seconds until hive is down
-then: normal win / lost message

What do you think ?

Comments

• RoverRover blargh Join Date: 2003-09-23 Member: 21139Members
    Just F4. The game will be over quickly if plenty of people do that.
  • JoseppeJoseppe Join Date: 2012-01-21 Member: 141497Members
    edited April 2012
    F4 = ready room, i know.

But i never saw:
    1. chat-message: "please all rr"
    2. yourself going rr
    3. all others going rr

Its more like:
    1. chat-message: "please all rr" (especially: not everyone reads all messages)
    2. yourself going rr
    3. (other dont want to wait in rr, so they play on OR didnt read the message)

"vote-for-next-round" is more like "i would prefer a next round" (and i can play on),
    maybe others also want a new round (so they vote for next-match) and can keep
    playing on.

its: 100% (of losing team) have to go rr VS 50% prefer next-match (they vote) + can play on (and wait for 50% limit)
  • CorpseyCorpsey Join Date: 2011-07-02 Member: 107538Members
    I've had games where people successfully RR the match when it is doomed.. but it's uncommon.. I was actually surprised because in NS1 I would deem it quite a rare occurrence in Public games.

I have suggested a "/vfc" command: "Vote for Concession" similar to RTV in CS, except that the map doesn't always change. The way it works in CS (for those that don't know) you would type "rtv" and some text would come up in the server for everyone to see:

8 more players need to "rockthevote" to start the vote

(the vote being the vote to change map)

If someone left the server, their vote is immediately discounted (and they must vote again if they return), and if people join you need more players to start the vote.

Although this was a server side plug-in..

I would also like to see some system like this.
  • LyeauxLyeaux Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen Join Date: 2012-04-11 Member: 150249Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    We have the same thoughts, Buddy and I will sign the way you've got it written down. :)

Greets
    Kiba Dustin 'Lyeaux'
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    having sometihng like this in by default should be useful. Though I think the percentage should be higher, eg a 2/3 majority (67%)
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Very good idea! Make it 67% and I'm with you.

Because going to the rr does not work most of the time. 1 single afk- / troll-player is enough to keep the lost round going.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    self destruct would be cool and i think fit into the NS universe. Marines already have a pension for running to their death and dying in droves, so if the CC, or all buildings, explode (hopefully a big enough set of explosions to take some aliens with you) this would kinda fit with marine tactics.

same idea with corrupted infestation, poison all the infestation and kill all marines standing on it.

Would serve two purposees, end the game sooner and prevent trolling, and also give the losing team a moral victory by taking the enemy with em!
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think a domination ending would be a good fixer.

If said team captures and holds all but one tech point for 5 minutes neurotoxin floods the area and kills off the other team with a steady dot like losing as aliens in ns1.
  • TinkerTinker Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14395Members
    The only problem with that implementation is it allows the winning team to draw out the game against the losing teams will.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    +1 for surrender vote.

In effect, the marines already have a version of this (i.e. the comm recycle the IPs/last man standing), but it would be nice to see it made more official.