Constellation is now closed!

F1ll3rF1ll3r Join Date: 2008-12-25 Member: 65865Members, Constellation
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This marks the end of an era: Constellation is now closed. Thanks for all your help over the years, everyone!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wow after such a long time the Constellation program is closed, I would love to know how many ppl donated over the years for NS1.

I also would appreciate if we would get not only a small twitter news, I mean we all donated money for a great game that was free!
And helped Unknown Worlds to become the company there now!

Anyway thanks for the great time with NS :)

F1ll3r

Comments

• ArkantiArkanti pub baddie Join Date: 2011-07-22 Member: 111781Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    What is/was constellation?
  • Raven_XIRaven_XI Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12032Members, Constellation
    Back in the days of NS1 you could become a constellation member by donating to the Unknown Worlds Team. It gave you the constellation mark in game and on the forums.

It was just a free mod back then so you didn't need to pay to play.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I guess not much chance of any constie recognition in NS2 then, like an icon or badge on the armour or something :(

I always imagined a space marines type shoulder badge for consties in NS2, oh well, we had fun :)
  • hamham Join Date: 2011-08-31 Member: 119370Members, Constellation
    edited April 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1921383:date=Apr 3 2012, 04:22 AM:name=Soul_Rider)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Soul_Rider @ Apr 3 2012, 04:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1921383"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I guess not much chance of any constie recognition in NS2 then, like an icon or badge on the armour or something :(

I always imagined a space marines type shoulder badge for consties in NS2, oh well, we had fun :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Have some faith!
  • tschumanntschumann Australia Join Date: 2010-05-26 Member: 71862Members
    edited April 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1921311:date=Apr 3 2012, 05:54 PM:name=F1ll3r)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (F1ll3r @ Apr 3 2012, 05:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1921311"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would love to know how many ppl donated over the years for NS1.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

A lot: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/forums/index.php?act=members" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/forums/index.php?act=members</a> (select Constellation in the combobox that says All Members; there's probably a few missing from the list though due to them being developers/admins/moderators/whatever).

edit: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/constellation/" target="_blank">The constellation page</a> doesn't seem to have been updated though.
  • TheDestroyerTheDestroyer Tooobah Join Date: 2003-07-12 Member: 18123Members, Constellation
  • F1ll3rF1ll3r Join Date: 2008-12-25 Member: 65865Members, Constellation
    So around 2280 donators that a lot, didn't thought about that many ppl :)
  • GrendelGrendel All that is fear... Join Date: 2002-07-19 Member: 970Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, NS2 Playtester
    I'm pretty sure that the Constellation members are the only reason why Charlie didn't die of starvation between NS and the release of "Zen".
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1929368:date=Apr 24 2012, 07:49 PM:name=Grendel)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Grendel @ Apr 24 2012, 07:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1929368"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm pretty sure that the Constellation members are the only reason why Charlie didn't die of starvation between NS and the release of "Zen".<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Whoa, welcome back!
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1929368:date=Apr 24 2012, 08:49 PM:name=Grendel)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Grendel @ Apr 24 2012, 08:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1929368"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm pretty sure that the Constellation members are the only reason why Charlie didn't die of starvation between NS and the release of "Zen".<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Haha nice, welcome back too man! :-)
  • culpritculprit Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33527Members, Constellation
    Between a constellation donation and Zen of Sudoku, the only release by UWE that I haven't spent some money on would be Decoda, the LUA debugger. Luckily a copy is included with the tools for NS2. I still feel like I'll never repay them for all the fun I had in NS1.

There's a bright future on the horizon with NS2 releasing soon. Every patch brings more fun and joy to me.
  • GrendelGrendel All that is fear... Join Date: 2002-07-19 Member: 970Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, NS2 Playtester
    Heh, nice to see a few old faces. :)

I've just purchased NS2, so you may well see me "lerking" around. ;)

This also means that you can tell Charles he owes me a beer when I'm in the Bay area. ;)
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    They made Mr Grendel buy it!!!

That is criminal!!!

Welcome back :)

I think Charlie owes you a few beers :)